2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Boscov's and GoldenCan
    One of the reasons I partner up with GoldenCan is to try out different merchants with a customer facing product focusing tool. Basically allow my visitors to windowshop a broad product merchant like Boscov's. I have no problem with GC passing proper tracking code or with Boscov's appeal to my Cybermall shoppers.

My problem is the fact that the Befree tracking system cannot co-exist with the cookie parsing/tracking of other networks. BF Merchant carts, proven time after time, cannot automated reporting of sales if a merchant has multiple network cookies active during checkout. Dell always had a problem with this and I assume they either alternate reporting sales from LS and BF links, or they kill all cookies within the Dell.com site, when a LS referral crosses over into the BF product area and vice versa. I'm convinced this is a fact as I've challenged BF -LS and Dell many times over the years with total silence on the issue.

Overstock personally confirmed, when transitioning to Linkshare, their cart could not support both networks tracking simultaniously. If they kept both tracking tags active... NO SALES were reported. The perfect on-off switch for sales reporting is often to activate multiple network tracking cookies. TigerDirect had to go to a completely manual seperation routine, under Andy Rodreguez's command, to overcome multiple active network cookies. Their Yahoo Store emergency crossover for server outages NEVER reported sales when things went bump in the night. I'll make some bold statements. No yahoo store operator can have multiple network cookies active for tracking. Only CJ has made a custom modification to Yahoo Stores to allow for automated tracking. That too is defeated the moment any Yahoo store owner actives the internal affiliate referral system. If anyone challenges this ... honestly and independently PROVE IT.

Back to Boscov's, who recently opened up a CJ program without closing down their BF program. CJ and BF are both VC companies so I assume they talk to each other. Goldencan's Asif can look at his daily Boscov's stats to verify dual reporting of sales, often occuring within minutes of each other. If this proves to be the case then I can continue to keep the BF Boscov's links up. If not, then I trust Asif will pull one or the other from his GC application, as neither he or us can make money with a rotating tracking system.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    You must have read my mind because I'm in the midst of writing an email to all our BFAST affiliates to announce that we are shutting down our Boscov's BFAST program (effective January 2006) and hoping that you all make the switch as soon as possible to our CJ program which offers the same commission, same links, etc. You should see something in your inbox about this tomorrow. You beat me to the punch

Alison Rabschnuk
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Boscovs.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Alison you'll find many ABWers who love to make suggestions to merchants thereby improving their chances to convert traffic into sales. You'll find many of us will approach Boscov's shopping sections like they're 100 niche' merchants. The days of sending traffic to a merchant's home page are long gone. Thanks for the hint to move all my links to the CJ platform, while you mull out some ways to build and protect a nice conversion ratio.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Kudos to Boscovs for having the sense to wait until after the holidays to do this unlike some other moronic merchants out there like Tire Rack. I wopnder if Musician's Friend can be far behind since they're still at Befree tooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Rabschnuk
    You must have read my mind because I'm in the midst of writing an email to all our BFAST affiliates to announce that we are shutting down our Boscov's BFAST program (effective January 2006) and hoping that you all make the switch as soon as possible to our CJ program which offers the same commission, same links, etc. You should see something in your inbox about this tomorrow. You beat me to the punch

Alison Rabschnuk
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Boscovs.com
    How about switching to Shareasale? SOME of us don't care for the "other" networks . . .

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I'd rather have CJ personally. CJ makes it a lot easier to generate links than SaS does IMO

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Jack, the tire rack is at CJ, they have been for a few months now.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread