Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    115k hits a day????
    Hey guys i'm still new to this but i've got a site that is getting 115,000 visitors a day and i'm using a basic google adsense set up. Lately i've been earning $30 a day. Is this good? bad? let me know what you think..how can i improve?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntasticAudi
    Hey guys i'm still new to this but i've got a site that is getting 115,000 visitors a day and i'm using a basic google adsense set up. Lately i've been earning $30 a day. Is this good? bad? let me know what you think..how can i improve?
    With 115 THOUSAND visitors a DAY, you're doing something very wrong if that's all you're making. You need to figure out ways to make adsense work better on your pages. Search the threads in here for Adsense and see what others suggest to make it work better. You can CERTAINLY do better than $30.00 a day wiht that amount of traffic.

Good luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

a site that is getting 115,000 visitors a day
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    LOL Popdawg.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Don't cry, just remember: Content = $30/day...

Although considering that the $30 is from AdSense, I'd say that:

The positioning is all wrong
    Or
    The topic is something that isn't drawing lucrative-enough bids.

Or, it's a free-game site or something like that, where the visitors don't want to click *anything!* After all, if clicking means losing a game then it really doesn't matter how compelling the ad is. It's hardly ever going to get clicked.

If it's not a content site make sure your tracking code is in there, cuz leaving it out on most of the pages would probably be the only way to only make just $30/day from 155K visitors on a proper sales site!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Seeing as you're a newbie here, did you know it's a prerequisite to inform everyone here at ABW HOW you're getting those visitors? And if they're all uniques, you must even reveal the niche you're working in, along with the keywords you're using. It's sorta like having to buy the beer at the end of your first day at w*ork~!

k..well i'm sure you guys know of MySpace.com - my website provides tools myspace members. Page is in PHP and i have google ads on sides and couple above pics.
    Last edited by StuntasticAudi; November 10th, 2005 at 05:28 PM.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ack! He was just kidding about having to tell that!! Usually we don't ever tell what our niche is, so a bunch of competing sites don't spring up like mushrooms.

If you want your post edited, just say so...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

gotcha~! Lemme see if there are any more . . .

You must BEWARE the red wolf~!

Quote Originally Posted by bwc
    Seeing as you're a newbie here, did you know it's a prerequisite to inform everyone here at ABW HOW you're getting those visitors? <snip> It's sorta like having to buy the beer at the end of your first day at w*ork~!
    You be a baaaaddd boy!!
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

bad but dawgone funny!!! lol
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

All traffic isn't of equal value. A click from someone looking to buy a $10,000 watch is much more valuable than 1000 clicks from teenage boys looking for pictures of Britney Spears.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    All traffic isn't of equal value. A click from someone looking to buy a $10,000 watch is much more valuable than 1000 clicks from teenage boys looking for pictures of Britney Spears.
    LOL ... should I then send out some more of those Rollex $10,000 watch specials for wink-wink $129.00 e-mails?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Put up a Chitika ad with an ipod or a playstation and you'll be able to spread your money all over your floor and roll around in it like a cat.

Your tools are a great idea for creating buzz (traffic) from MySpace members.

Now, consider the age range and interests of the majority of the members. What interests them? What are they most likely to toss $$ at? You may as well sell it to them or someone else, somewhere else will.

Find a couple of affiliate programs who carry the types of items your audience would purchase. Chocolate_Chicken mentioned playstation & ipods...perfect.

I think you gave away your domain name in one of your posts so I visited. I barely noticed the left & right column google ads and based on the tools you've offered (if I was a MySpace person needing them), the ads google is displaying would put me off. Most of them related to building a website.

Very good domain name choice for what you're doing by the way.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    This is from StuntasticAudi's earlier post

Background: I have a site with over 1000 photos that are being used on forums, MySpace.com and other sites that lets you post html code.

Are many of these visitors just using the photos in their posts? i.e. bandwidth theft?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

how do i change my keywords so google picks up something else...all it pulls now is (funny photos, funny clips, funny etc...) is there a way to change it so it pulls something else. The website is in PHP so when i put adsense on different pages that connect to eachother does that make a difference on how it pulls the info of what to display?

Talking
    how do i change my keywords so google picks up something else...all it pulls now is (funny photos, funny clips, funny etc...) is there a way to change it so it pulls something else. The website is in PHP so when i put adsense on different pages that connect to eachother does that make a difference on how it pulls the info of what to display?
    log in to Adsense, then click on Adsense for Content, then check what Link Units is all about. looks like a way . . .

You are breaking my spirit StuntasticAudi! I was working my way into an Alexa ranking under 1,000,000 ... and here I see a site that is ranked #14 and gets $30/day.

And yes, you can target certain areas of text. See: https://www.google.com/support/adsen...y?answer=23168

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Are the ads on top of the profile.myspace pages adsense? If so I don't think there is anything you can do, they do seem to be picking up an appropriate grouping of ads. there was classmates.com, that smiley graphics thingie, monster, radio shack, some sort of ezcema skincare thing. All appropriate for someone looking at a college students profile.

BTW just happen to hit this page b/c this particular student is 'barrowing' some of my bandwidth, but that is besides the point.

Quote Originally Posted by ojmoo

BTW just happen to hit this page b/c this particular student is 'barrowing' some of my bandwidth, but that is besides the point.
    LMAO! OMG ... I "see" more My Space pages because of bandwidth theft than I care to, also ojmoo ... little bastards! ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

how come my message was considered spam? anyway i can help you out. with that kind of traffic you should be earning around 50-100 dollars a day minimum...
    please email me so I can give you advices.

sigh

sigh
    LOL Popdawg ... I was wondering how long that post would last before someone killed it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Do a search for Adsense... you need major help... there are a couple of really good adsense forums...

Joel Comm has written a really good book on this subject.. do a search... not hard to find...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast