How much should I be making?
    I have a site that's been up for close to 2 months and i'm getting over 100,000 visitors daily already with close to a million hits...its going to get more traffic. I am only using google adsense and couple affiliates from linkshare.com that arent getting be any income at all. AdSense is getting me $20-$35 a day. How can I improve?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntasticAudi
    I have a site that's been up for close to 2 months and i'm getting over 100,000 visitors daily already with close to a million hits...its going to get more traffic. I am only using google adsense and couple affiliates from linkshare.com that arent getting be any income at all. AdSense is getting me $20-$35 a day. How can I improve?
    Without seeing your site, the people in here who can tell you how to improve your conversions won't be able to tell you anything.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

am i allowed to post my site on here? it says Do not post affilaite URL or links - it is a violation of our policies!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    am i allowed to post my site on here? it says Do not post affilaite URL or links - it is a violation of our policies!
    I'm not 100% sure but I think if you post a link to your site and it's not an affiliate link, you'll be OK. Ask the management. :-)

Also, try looking through this thread for information that might help you:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...hlight=adsense
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I am only using google adsense and couple affiliates from linkshare.com that arent getting be any income at all. AdSense is getting me $20-$35 a day. How can I improve?
    Seeing what you said in that other thread, I'd say to stick some CPM ads on there, or maybe sell text links for a set fee (rather than anything where the people have to click to cause a commission).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Lightbulb
    the reason few post their own domains here is that there is the distinct possibility that someone will copy it and change the affil IDs to theirs.

there may be 100-200 of us signed in here but there are 500 more watching some days.

And I'd like to add . . . I may joke alot with noobs but that's just to see if you're paying attention . . . and to get a laugh . . . but seriously, most people posting at ABW are on the up and up because we're open for the most part and try to help if possible. It's those fuzzballs lurking in the dark corners looking to get whatever they can for nothing at the expense of whoever, cuz they don't want to work for it and think stealing your hard earned experiences, site coding, and even your commisions, that you have to worry about. I'd suggest that, if you really want to share the innermost secrets and working of your website with those you meet here, to perhaps PM them with your confidences. Otherwise it's like buyer beware, if you post everything in a public domain, all your innermosts will become theirs . . .

I think posting urls is basically to keep you from "outing" someone who wants to remain unseen by other affiliates because of site stealing.

A 2 mth old site getting 100k visitors a day? Holy smokes!

Quote Originally Posted by dollardaze
    A 2 mth old site getting 100k visitors a day? Holy smokes!
    I was thinking the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by bwc
    And I'd like to add . . . I may joke alot with noobs but that's just to see if you're paying attention . . . and to get a laugh . . . but seriously, most people posting at ABW are on the up and up because we're open for the most part and try to help if possible. It's those fuzzballs lurking in the dark corners looking to get whatever they can for nothing at the expense of whoever, cuz they don't want to work for it and think stealing your hard earned experiences, site coding, and even your commisions, that you have to worry about. I'd suggest that, if you really want to share the innermost secrets and working of your website with those you meet here, to perhaps PM them with your confidences. Otherwise it's like buyer beware, if you post everything in a public domain, all your innermosts will become theirs . . .
    and even a PM can backfire. there have been posts here in the past reporting problems with people who were trusted.

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    Where's the traffic coming from? If it's targetted traffic for a niche site with niche products you should be doing very well...If it's junk traffic it won't really help you any no matter how much you get...(Within reason anyway...)
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

Talking
    And how did you get 100,000 visitors in two months? You did this through organic search? Either there's no supply of the keywords you're using and a serious demand OR you should be selling how you accomplished this feat to all the merchants/affiliates out there! That'll probably make you more money than an affiliate website with adsense....

James D. Nardell

It's MySpace users; mostly 13- and 14-year olds who don't have credit cards to buy stuff but they'll click like a mofo if you strike the right nerve, which is why Chitika ads for Ipods and Playstations should hit the mark. They won't buy anything, but they'll sure click on that sheit like there's no tomorrow.

That makes sense...Seriously sucks when you get that much traffic and so little revenue...But, with lateral thinking i'm sure you can find a way to monetize that sort of traffic better...
    James D. Nardell

You probably didn't start that website to make money. If you have started out to make money, you wouldn't get that much traffic in that little time.

We, most of us here anyway, build websites to make a lot money not to receive a lot of traffic. We actually hate those visitors who don't buy anything or click on CPC ads, for wasting our precious bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by James - AMWSO
    Where's the traffic coming from? If it's targetted traffic for a niche site with niche products you should be doing very well...If it's junk traffic it won't really help you any no matter how much you get...(Within reason anyway...)
    Actually, junk traffic is still worth something, just no where near as much as targeted traffic. But the tradeoff is that it's much easier to get junk traffic than targeted traffic.

If he's making $30 a day, that's about $1000 per month, which is much better than most affiliates do. If his traffic continues to grow and he figures out how to monetize it better, he could be making six figures per year before long. All from "junk" traffic.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

My only problem is with adsense locations...my site is in PHP and it wont let me show more then 2 google adsense ads...i'll put one and the other one will disapear.

lurk
    My only problem is with adsense locations...my site is in PHP and it wont let me show more then 2 google adsense ads...i'll put one and the other one will disapear.
    Keep in mind... One adsense ad can perform much better than having three adsense spots on the same page (when you know where to put it). Make sure its where users will see it, especially above the fold. Some other things to play around with are the actual color of the ad. I know of people who have trippled their CTR just because they made their adsense ads the same bg color as their web site. This will differ from each website of course, but feel free to play around and see what works best.

Also it sounds like your CTR is extreamly low. Even at a 1% CTR at an average of 5 cents per click you would be earning $50/day. What is your site related to if you don't mind?
    Jason

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread