November Payment Correction - WHAT!?
    Commission Junction always makes best efforts to issue accurate payments. In the August, September and October payment cycles a processing error occurred, resulting in duplicate payment for some lead and sale commissions to some publishers.

After careful review of our client accounts, it was found that your account was affected by this inaccuracy. Starting the week of November 14, you will see a "Credit" transaction in your account that will remove the duplicate transaction. To view a "Credit" transaction you may run a Transaction Detail report for November. In this report you will see a transaction listed as "Credit" under the Type column. You may also run a Transaction Summary: By Type and see the "Credit" notation.

All transactions were accurately tracked and collected during this time and the processing system has subsequently been fixed. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Lisa Riolo
    Vice President, Client Development
    Commission Junction, a ValueClick company

Is it certain merchants?

Similar but different
    Mine is different:

Commission Junction always makes best efforts to maintain accurate account client balances. Recently a processing error occurred, causing duplicate commissions for some publishers. After careful review of our client accounts, it was found that your account was affected.

On October 6 and 11 there were duplicate commissions applied to your account. These commissions were not paid or "Closed." We have verified the duplicated amounts and on November 7, 2005 reversed the appropriate commissions.

To view the duplicates that have been reversed, log into your CJ Account Manager™, go to Run Reports, select Transaction Reports, and run a Commission Detail Report for all advertiser transactions filtered by "Corrected" status and with an Event Date of either October 6 or October 11.

All transactions were accurately tracked and collected during these times and the processing system has subsequently been fixed. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.
    Of course they couldn't even get this right... doing a search on October 11 comes up goose-eggs. It's October 10.

Oh, and next time, HOW ABOUT SENDING THIS OUT BEFORE YOU DO THE DAMNED REVERSALS, NOT AFTER THE FACT!!!

Looks like there's all sorts of different problems that they're having to go back and fix. Hold on to your keesters, everyone...
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    Is it certain merchants?
    Mine was Ebay transactions, small amount.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Starting the week of November 14, you will see a "Credit" transaction in your account that will remove the duplicate transaction.
    You were shooting me down yesterday for protesting against reversals!

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    You were shooting me down yesterday for protesting against reversals!
    Yep. What's your point? This is CJ's deal, not any merchant's.

"They first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic. Then they came for me–and by that time there was nobody left to speak up."

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    "They first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic. Then they came for me–and by that time there was nobody left to speak up."
    <----- The difference between valid merchant reversals and this scenario involving tracking/reporting

<--------- Your head

TODD: Could you look into this? I'm not sure if this is just a display problem, but I can't tell if they just reversed the duplicate transaction or if they reversed both the original and the duplicate.

Normally with corrected transactions, the sale amount and commission amount reflect the net amounts after the correction and you can see that clearly when you click on the detail. For instance, one of my corrected transactions (not from this batch) shows an $89 sale, a $59 return, and a net sale of $30. With these corrected transactions, however, I show two sales and one correction, but the net amount shows $0. For instance, one says $74.97 sale + $74.97 sale - $74.97 correction = $0 net sale. In the "Detail" link, it looks right. But in the "Commission Detail", it's wrong.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

And regarding the complaints about CJ making these corrections, that's just ridiculous. They posted some transactions twice, and they're just reversing the duplicates.

If you accidentally sent your mortgage in twice one month, you would expect either a refund or to have it applied to your account. This is no different.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    And regarding the complaints about CJ making these corrections, that's just ridiculous. They posted some transactions twice, and they're just reversing the duplicates.

If you accidentally sent your mortgage in twice one month, you would expect either a refund or to have it applied to your account. This is no different.
    Michael, my beef wouldn't be that they're taking back something I'm not owed, but that it took them 3-4 months to figure it out. I'll have to wait until next week to see the impact, which might be minimal, but with the new reporting the way it is, I can't figure out which sales might have been credited to my account more than once.

TODD: Could you look into this? I'm not sure if this is just a display problem, but I can't tell if they just reversed the duplicate transaction or if they reversed both the original and the duplicate.

Normally with corrected transactions, the sale amount and commission amount reflect the net amounts after the correction and you can see that clearly when you click on the detail. For instance, one of my corrected transactions (not from this batch) shows an $89 sale, a $59 return, and a net sale of $30. With these corrected transactions, however, I show two sales and one correction, but the net amount shows $0. For instance, one says $74.97 sale + $74.97 sale - $74.97 correction = $0 net sale. In the "Detail" link, it looks right. But in the "Commission Detail", it's wrong.
    Yes - I will look into this and try to post something by Friday afternoon.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Michael, my beef wouldn't be that they're taking back something I'm not owed, but that it took them 3-4 months to figure it out. I'll have to wait until next week to see the impact, which might be minimal, but with the new reporting the way it is, I can't figure out which sales might have been credited to my account more than once.
    I don't know if all the errors have the same cause or symptoms but here's the way MINE was evident:

1. In mid-October, a week or so before the payment for September commissions was calculated (around the time that merchant reversals were applied), my "Balanced" jumped substantially. I noticed it and saw that the increase looked to be from a different amount of reversals being applied to the same September transactions.

2. I figured that one of the duplicate "set" (Sept transactions with associated reversals) would be eliminated in the final calculation of the payment due and that the invalid "Balance" was an intermediate "artifact" of the new reporting system.

3. On the day the actual payment was calculated, the payment amount was NOT reduced and, for me, was nearly TWICE the amount it should have been.
    I called CJ and told them, as best I could, what I believed was incorrect in my payment balance. Apparently, I wasn't the only one affected.

For those whose accounts were affected in the SAME WAY MINE WAS:

Go to the Transaction Reports » Commission Detail for the month(s) CJ is reviewing. At least in my case, those reports show the VALID commission amounts due -- if those amounts differ from the amount CJ paid (as mine did), then you were overpaid.

ADDENDUM: I should add that the OVERWHELMING majority of my sales come from ONE merchant. So this problem may be on a MERCHANT basis as well as a monthly basis.

On October 6 and 11 there were duplicate commissions applied to your account.
    Yes, mine were for the same dates also, and just a minor eBay transaction.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

The short answer is, everything is correct.

I have an answer from a product manager but when trying to reword it, it got confusing so I decided not to post it until I could talk to him on Friday.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    Mine is different

Of course they couldn't even get this right... doing a search on October 11 comes up goose-eggs. It's October 10.

Oh, and next time, HOW ABOUT SENDING THIS OUT BEFORE YOU DO THE DAMNED REVERSALS, NOT AFTER THE FACT!!!

Looks like there's all sorts of different problems that they're having to go back and fix. Hold on to your keesters, everyone...
    I received the October 6 and 11 one, too. There is something very wrong, when the reversals were for October 10th, and then they send out an email quoting the wrong dates.

Somebody needs to get their act together at CJ!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    The short answer is, everything is correct.
    Thanks Todd. I look forward to the more detailed explanation later today.

As long as it's paid out correctly, that's the important part. But, the report still isn't correct. The sale amount and commission amount in the Commission Detail both show $0.00 for the doubled/reversed transactions. Clicking on Detail shows the correct amounts. For other corrected transactions that weren't totally reversed, the Commission Detail shows correct net amounts fo those two fields. I can send you some screen shots if that would help.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

good lord that's a lot of money
    I was evidently one of those affected by this issue. Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of a problem verifying that the "credit" (i.e. deduction) that CJ calculated is correct. Since we are talking a significant amount of money here, can anyone explain to me how I can view the following through CJ's reports:

a) the original transactions (including duplicates) that were affected by this issue
    b) the original transactions alone (without duplicates) that should have been credited to my account

If I could obtain these two reports, I could easily verify whether or not the math was done correctly. Right now, I just have a single "credit" transaction in my account that (I'm assuming) incorporates all of the duplicate transactions with no further breakdown.

Considering that this issue was not my fault, there should at least be a very clear explanation of how the amount of money that is being deducted is being calculated. I know that the calculation itself is simple, but I would like to see the raw data so that I can verify it...

Angry Can cj show proof?
    over $1,800 of duplicate..... transactions f** offfffffff!

Todd can cj show any proof of any of this s*** ?!?!? Seems these cowboys can do what ever they want with us affiliates!!!!!!! *#!%*!

I had something show up for the 10th as well, I am not sure if it was a credit or what the heck it was... my problem with this is WHY THE HECK WERENT WE NOTIFIED THEN??????

I seriously can't stand the incompatince of CJ anymore!! Does anyone watch or moniter their stupid transactions? Why on earth does it take them THREE DAYS to THREE WEEKS to answer a question that could take less than 5 minutes??? And Todd, it shouldn't take you until friday to "look into" something. And what about the transactions from the 12th of this month? No answer from anyone yet! The statement that "tracking is not affected" is complete BS. It is not a coincidence that everyone seems to have problems with your network, and every time someone comes out and says "tracking is not affected."

Im willing to be there was nothing wrong on the 10th and they are just trying to get some extra money from us all by stealing. Thats my view and I am sticking to it until I see some proof otherwise.

It's simple: CJ just doesn't give a damn. The proof is in their (in)action.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread