CJ Reset your mail settings
    Did this already happen I just now noticed it? CJ has reset our mail settings, so if you have previously turned off the merchants ability to send you email, then you will have to do it again or you'll start recieving email from them again.

Effective November 10, 2005 your Commission Junction account email delivery settings have been reset and you will begin receiving newsletters, unique advertiser promotions and discounts and important advertiser program updates, from both Commission Junction and your advertisers.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Darnit, you beat me to posting that!

I think they just put that up a few minutes ago. And, I changed my settings back to what I had them at, about 1 minute later!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Isn't this a violation of the Can Spam Act.

You already told them no we don't want to recieve the newsletters but they want you to get them so they enabled it and want you to opt-out a 2nd time.

Sounds like a violation to me.

BTW Can Spam act lets those you have business with send you newsletters but if you opted out already they can't force you to opt out a 2nd time.

When CAN-SPAM was introduced several years ago, we changed our policy so that publishers were opted out to receive communications from joined advertisers (basically requiring publishers to later change their preferences and opt in to receive communications). After reevaluating the CAN-SPAM act we revised our policy so that publishers are opted in when they join a program. We made this change retroactively because many publishers were unaware they were not opted in to receive communications from advertisers and both parties were complaining.

You can always go in and change your preferences.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

I had changed my preferences thank you.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Todd,

This morning when I went to CJ and saw this:
    Effective November 10, 2005 your Commission Junction account email delivery settings have been reset and you will begin receiving newsletters, unique advertiser promotions and discounts and important advertiser program updates, from both Commission Junction and your advertisers.
    I didn't liked that idea and I was ready to post about it because, ever since I joined CJ several years ago, I was always wondering why I only received emails from some of the advertisers that I have joined, and not from all of them.

While only a few of those merchants have piss me off before, because of their daily spamy new promotions or their new 24hrs deals, that's not the point, the point is that I didn't knew why some of the merchants that I think I liked the most, never send me not even a Thanks for Joining our Program email or any email ever.

So I was thinking about the new emails that we were going to start getting from all of the CJ merchants that we're affiliated with.

But after I have read your reply here:
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    When CAN-SPAM was introduced several years ago, we changed our policy so that publishers were opted out to receive communications from joined advertisers (basically requiring publishers to later change their preferences and opt in to receive communications). After reevaluating the CAN-SPAM act we revised our policy so that publishers are opted in when they join a program. We made this change retroactively because many publishers were unaware they were not opted in to receive communications from advertisers and both parties were complaining.

You can always go in and change your preferences.
    Now I know why.

Thank You Todd, thanks for replaying to the qball0213 thread about this issue. Now I feel more confident about the new CJ email resetting our mail settings and I don't see a need to start a new CJ bashing thread, your reply here makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks.

Sal.

Sal,

You are welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Heads Up:- Mail Settings Reset
    The Account Mail Settings have been reset, meaning if you don't want any emails through the CJ system you will need to opt out again.

Woz
    Last edited by MichaelColey; November 11th, 2005 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Merged into the main thread...
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread