Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Talking SAHS - Have a new policy
    Really, I'm not kidding, SAHS have asked us to reconsider our stance on their "methods", it's all a big missunderstanding you see.... really....really.... come on stop laughing this is serious!

They don't do drive by installs any more, really they don't, they said so!

Anyway.....we sent them back a video of them targeting a few domain names with their value add software.... and asked when that'll be stopping.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Makes me wonder if they're feeling any pain yet. To go back and start asking merchants to let them back in sounds like they may be feeling the pinch. Please keep us posted when they reply.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

We invited them to call us, so it'll be interesting, certainly they all parties have been polite and friendly so we do hope they will call, we'd be more than happy to explain why all our merchants won't work with them

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Well Chris, if you can get them to earn money only through legitimate ways and totally remove their shopping parasitic BHO altogether from the face of this earth, you'd deserve some kind of medal. Or the affiliate marketing equivalent of knighthood.

If they ask you to let them in, knowing your strong antiparasite views, they must be desperate

Say, how do you tell if SAHS or some other winsock app got into your pc? My PCs keep crashing. I have to run zonealarm antispyware thing and adaware anti spyware thing regularly to keep my PCs running smoothly. As a web surfer i HATE these stupid apps that keep getting into my PCs.

If they ask you to let them in, knowing your strong antiparasite views, they must be desperate
    They are not desperate, they are just your normal run of the mill parasite, in other words just thieving b*st*rds who do not give a rats ass who they steal from so long as they get the commission in their pockets.

It would be interesting to know what spiel they try to give you Chris.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    Well Chris, if you can get them to earn money only through legitimate ways and totally remove their shopping parasitic BHO altogether from the face of this earth, you'd deserve some kind of medal. Or the affiliate marketing equivalent of knighthood.

Say, how do you tell if SAHS or some other winsock app got into your pc? My PCs keep crashing. I have to run zonealarm antispyware thing and adaware anti spyware thing regularly to keep my PCs running smoothly. As a web surfer i HATE these stupid apps that keep getting into my PCs.
    all the right tools for protecting your system and even the best free real apps at www.ecomcity.com/news.htm make sure your anti-virus is upto date or install the AVG program on that pages links. Update it during install and allow it to scan during the install process. It runs fine with other programs ...like having 2 mouse rubbers. Winsock 2 exploits almost always come with trojans and worms that throttle your Anti-virus and windows security updates during the drive-by install. Best to then update Adware and SpyBot S&D and run the whole shebang in the SAFE MODE.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I doubt we'll accomplish much of anything, I don't see minds meeting on any points

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Keep them dangling Chris. When things start going south real quick within their merchant and AM ranks they'll offer to make you an officer of the Company. The VP in charge of Internet Affairs & Fiascos.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I think it so funny that the LinkShare moderator thinks it is not appropriate for us to complain about this company the way we are, yet look at what all has happened in the last few days, including this interesting development Chris is talking about.

How the heck else to hundreds of independent affiliates get heard???
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

My account manager at SAHS, CJ was always very nice to speak with. Things changed when I asked to speak with the head of IT. I was always given a very well written explaination by CJ of why they were not parasitic. When I was refused the opportunity to speak with IT I gave them the axe.

ABW Ambassador
    Chris, when you meet them, bring along some huge body guards, just in case they decide to kidnap you and replace you with a parasite embracing look alike.

Chris,

Please let us know what you hear back from them. This is better than any paperback I've read this month!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Sick sh!t is ... they [SAHS] are still Live on LS and PFX. Fudge the fun you [affs] are having here in posting ... there are still some 800+ real merchants who allow SAHS.

Get off the little mechanical pony ride and do something.

Don't keep displacing the shoot onto others to do ... this is your money .

Post who you've contacted and then I'll be proud ... till then it's only a bunch hens cackling.

Sorry, but push has come to shove --- it's Q4 so either do something about it and don't wait for Rakutan nor LS, nor PFX --- they stilll make money ... while you ....
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Sorry, but it's true!!!!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Chris,

Maybe they think they have a chance (outside of just normal Q4 marketing on their part) because they are in the KegWorks program??

You might want to do a housecleaning check across the board to see who may have snuck in for Q4, KWIM?

Affiliate Manager Bradley.Senkovich's Avatar
    I know this thread is old, but i just had a chat with SAHS. She was really polite and straight forward about their program. the tool bar doesn't over write paid placement, but if you have a higher bid on certain keywords it seemed that the tool bar still "lights up" and drags them to SAHS? so those sales you'd already be getting from google searches get hijacked i am assuming if they have that tool bar. I know SAS has a vendetta against them but SAHS works with Google/Linkshare/CJ.

latest news comes from 2007. any new thoughts for 2009?

ABW Ambassador
    "I know SAS has a vendetta against them but SAHS works with Google/Linkshare/CJ."

Don't know about the current actions of this one but just wanted to say why in general those networks work with adware/parasites etc. It's simply because of money and a lot of those applications can turn a merchant's free traffic, traffic they pay for already, direct type ins etc. into commissionable traffic where a network gets a cut. It's more for their best interest, not yours as a merchant.

makes perfect sense. It would just make the affiliate side look good and the SEO look bad. its a whole "robbing peter to pay paul" scenario, yes?

15 years and counting
    Bradley.Senkovich - but SAHS works with Google/Linkshare/CJ
    It's not a reference. These 3 networks are run by thieves and they still get their dirty share pushing parasites like SAHS overwriting affilates cookies and merchants traffic.
    Are you thinking to work with one of the worse crooks? They were booted by Commission Junction in 2005. It's how bad it was. All these parasites have been obliged to scale down their organized thievery, but it doesn't make them clean.
    Do you want to reward somebody who did non-consensual installs, including installations through security exploits because they are very polite and don't steal as much as before?

ABW Ambassador
    That happens. It could also make your PPC look bad, newsletter conversions look bad etc. and make it look like the affiliate program is really kickin.

You send out a newsletter to your customers with promotions, incentives, they click on over ready to spend some money, this adware/parasite affiliate pops up with some type of deal or something and maybe they get credit. But you already had them with the newsletter.

A lot of merchants do PPC, might have an employee doing it, they get a click, adware affiliate steps in, might get the sale. So it can skew those numbers.

Imagine a big merchant like a Best Buy who I'm sure gets lots of type in traffic, probably nice SERPS, who knows how many newsletter subscribers and you have this affiliate that just sits on someone's toolbar waiting to do their thing.

Now I've never had a problem with loyalty sites or cashback sites where the shopper goes thru their site because generally it doesn't affect the other stuff mentioned above.

Thanks Trust and Zeus.

I always try to check here first before I approve any affiliates. I won't be having any further talks with SAHS thanks to you and this side of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Now I've never had a problem with loyalty sites or cashback sites where the shopper goes thru their site because generally it doesn't affect the other stuff mentioned above.
    Dare I ask if Fat wallet is apart of those non-problem sites? I am still looking into their toolbar and what it does. So far all i see mentioned is that it "lights up" differently when it "senses a deal"

ABW Ambassador
    In the past I always held them up as the way to do it. They're a coupon/cash back site where shoppers went thru the site, still mostly do I think. But there was some recent stuff with their toolbar, long thread with a new SAS toolbar policy - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ight=fatwallet Big debate in that thread.

But I haven't kept up with it and have no idea on the behavior of the toolbar.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread