Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    WTF is up with Google this year!
    Well, you can add me to the list of the depressed and Frustrated with Affiliate Marketing this year. WTF Google is the when it comes to affiliate friendly sites. Google demolished my 100,000+ pages In Jan. and only re-indexed 500 pages at the last update. my google earnings went from $20 a day to a lousy $1 a day with Adsense. My Affiliate Program sales went from over $25,000 a month at the beggining of this year to basically a big $0 now. WTF is going on. I am sorry about the WTF. But I'm a little pissed off with google. Is this year horrible for you? opinions please cause I'm starting to lose it! Google was my best traffic source last year and now it's visibly gone.

ABW Ambassador
    They're doing you a favor. They're telling you to diversify your sources of traffic. If I was Google what reason would you give me for putting your pages on page 1. What makes your pages so special?

ABW Ambassador
    IMHO they're going after near-duplicate pages and that can hit a lot of data driven or template based sites, even regular ecommerce sites.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    or template based sites, even regular ecommerce sites.
    Hopefully you're not just talking about regular web design templates (you put in your own info, and it just makes it look pretty for you)...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by jc101
    Well, you can add me to the list of the depressed and Frustrated with Affiliate Marketing this year. WTF Google is the when it comes to affiliate friendly sites. Google demolished my 100,000+ pages In Jan. and only re-indexed 500 pages at the last update. my google earnings went from $20 a day to a lousy $1 a day with Adsense. My Affiliate Program sales went from over $25,000 a month at the beggining of this year to basically a big $0 now. WTF is going on. I am sorry about the WTF. But I'm a little pissed off with google. Is this year horrible for you? opinions please cause I'm starting to lose it! Google was my best traffic source last year and now it's visibly gone.
    jc101, f. off

Well, you can add me to the list of the depressed and Frustrated with Affiliate Marketing this year.
    If you're willing to take #2, Welcome to reality. I'm #1
    My Affiliate Program sales went from over $25,000 a month at the beggining of this year to basically a big $0 now. WTF is going on.
    Hey jc101, don't F. lie about the $25,000 a month, everyone here knows that those #'s are a BS, we all have read your posts.

While it's true that some of us are getting deeply F. , there are no reason to exaggerate how deep we're getting F.

That's life, take it or PM me, I really don't give a f. anymore, but life goes on.

Btw Jackson, I worked on a supermarket before too, so I think I know what are you going thru.

Life sucks, but don't lie about making $25,000 a month at the beggining of this year to basically a big $0 now, don't make that mistake.

Think about it, your old posts are still somewhere around here on ABW, don't f. it up.

Your some how supermarket colleague:

Sal.

Maybe google wants everyone to pay for traffic?

ABW Ambassador
    He always posts his numbers in sales and not commissions, i told him many times it's commissons, he's an affiliate not a merchant. I think he posted he topped out about $1,000 a month in commissions. So i don't know what he's talking about either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Life sucks, but don't lie about making $25,000 a month at the beggining of this year to basically a big $0 now, don't make that mistake.
    He said $25K in sales, not commissions.

Myself, I care more about Yahoo than I do Google. Just way to much volatility with the Big G.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

oops typo
    hmm made a typo sales were last year not at the beggining of this year, also oh another typo by october and November I reached $25000 in sales (which would be around 2k if it was a 10% commission on everyone.. then at the beggining of this year, it went down to 0.

no one's gonna stay on a page that has a music video w/rich musicians whinning.

Step one would be to present items in a unique manner rather than just indiscriminately slapping up SAS Make-A-Page and PSC stuff without some other matter to flesh out your pages and make them stand out from 10,000 others who have essentially the same page as you.

Quote Originally Posted by jc101
    That's what I meant before, in a different thread, about starting a damn boycott on the SOBs~!

Google demolished my 100,000+ pages In Jan.
    HTF, can you write so many web pages?
    My point, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    jc101, f. off

If you're willing to take #2, Welcome to reality. I'm #1

Hey jc101, don't F. lie about the $25,000 a month, everyone here knows that those #'s are a BS, we all have read your posts.

While it's true that some of us are getting deeply F. , there are no reason to exaggerate how deep we're getting F.

That's life, take it or PM me, I really don't give a f. anymore, but life goes on.

Btw Jackson, I worked on a supermarket before too, so I think I know what are you going thru.

Think about it, your old posts are still somewhere around here on ABW, don't f. it up.

Your some how supermarket colleague:

Sal.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Jason, google is definitely a tough nut to crack these days. Sorry to read about your medical problems in your post a few weeks ago - hope things go better for you.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I think Google follows the popularity trends of the net closer than the other engines. That means it's more difficult to keep our rankings due to the constant fluxuation. Since Google is always looking for the next best website yours will be tossed as soon as Google can find a stronger site to replace it with. We're dealing with highly competitive phrases and in order to keep them we have to be competitive with our customers. I think to stay on Google's good graces we need to motivate our loyal customers to link to our sites in their blogs, forums and establishments. The more loyal customers we have doing this, the stronger we'll be in Google's eyes.

They're doing you a favor. They're telling you to diversify your sources of traffic. If I was Google what reason would you give me for putting your pages on page 1. What makes your pages so special?
    I agree. A slap in the face from Google is a huge hint that you need to do something more to stand out from the masses.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

has anyone considered the Google Jagger update in Oct?

I agree with Trust - you have to do more than rely solely on Google for traffic. There are some good threads started (by Trust I think) about alternate ways to bring in traffic. There is some really great info there and worth the time to search them out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well if you basically build pages for the shoppers... not the SERPs... then you'll never have to worry about how to spell Alogorithems. I see in Jagger, for my merchant client's major buying keywords, that the one's shelling out big SEO bucks got whacked and my guys are all #1, with additional first page exposure. It only cost them patience. Obviously link farming and template datafeeds won't pay the Christmas bills this year.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    Maybe google wants everyone to pay for traffic?
    Exactly. Why should affiliates make tons of money off of their search engine and not give them a cut? They have to keep their shareholders happy now and companies like AOL don't come cheap, so they are going to find every way they can to monetize every aspect of their business.

I buy my traffic and I don't care what Google, Yahoo or MSN do with their algo. True, it takes a lot of skill, patience and nerve (oh, and I forgot money) to make money buying traffic, but its doable.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWebDiva
    Exactly. Why should affiliates make tons of money off of their search engine and not give them a cut? They have to keep their shareholders happy now and companies like AOL don't come cheap, so they are going to find every way they can to monetize every aspect of their business.

I buy my traffic and I don't care what Google, Yahoo or MSN do with their algo. True, it takes a lot of skill, patience and nerve (oh, and I forgot money) to make money buying traffic, but its doable.
    This very well could be a business strategy of Google. If affiliate links are detected, move the pages to the bottom of the pile, knowing that the serious affiliates will resort to PPC.

After all, who would pay $0.30 a click for 500 visitors @ $150 if they could get that many visitors for free in a day?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    This very well could be a business strategy of Google. If affiliate links are detected, move the pages to the bottom of the pile, knowing that the serious affiliates will resort to PPC.

After all, who would pay $0.30 a click for 500 visitors @ $150 if they could get that many visitors for free in a day?
    I don't know about that because many of the large sites that I see in the top 10 are also spending thousands on PPC. Just look at Bizrate and Shopping.com. They've got top spots and they invest substantial funds on PPC.

I think it's just a matter of being a small fish in a big pond.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's more of the competition moving you down. I know i sound like a broken record but you have 10 spots on page 1 Google. That's the default, that stays the same. You have how many pages and sites being uploaded every day? It's not so much Google is after affiliates, it's your competition that's after you. You can still get page 1 but as the days go by, it's just gets harder.

Jason no offense but, you also need to keep hackers at bay, especially if they're nice enought to tell you what you are doing wrong:

this is on one of your pages:

INDONESIAN HACKERS TEAM !!!

Hacked By Kesepian
    + Y3s! Hacking n3v3r st0ps +

PLEASE STOP WAR

Regards All World
    [+] shoutz to : Paktani , mujie ,Xfrozen , ViVoViVo , sibawel and All crewz
    Notice to the Site Administrator/s:
    We didn't delete any files/data in your file manager, we just want to know that your system is so vulnerable for us. We only defaced the Index page. The backdoor is still in your server...

ABW Ambassador
    as the days go by, it's just gets harder.
    Only if you aren't buzz-worthy enough so that tons of little working Mommas of 4 year olds with full-time, 40 hour a week jobs with 2 hours commute time before they pick up the kids at daycare, take them home and fix dinner, wash dishes, do the laundry and put the kids to bed will create buzz about you in their blogs and forums that they work on in all their spare time when they find a Mickey Mouse wash cloth on clearance through one of your links for only $1.99 while they're surfing during their half-hour lunch break at work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast