Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs down Globat reversed again!
    I just got a reversal from Globat. I can't believe this! TODD, PLEASE REMOVE THIS SCUM OFF YOUR NETWORK!
    Globat sucks!

CLAIMS OF ACTION ARE NOT ALLLOWED ON THIS BOARD

Ban Warning #1
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; November 10th, 2005 at 10:22 PM.

topaff:

I'm just curious: what percentage of reversals are you seeing this year with Globat? How many signups got reversed, that is?

oops

Do not market webhosting companies if you can't accept reversals.

Herb asked the right questions. When you say "again", "I can't believe this!", etc - it makes one think this happens frequently between you and them. How often?

topaff: As discussed here on ABW several times before we have to reverse commissions (but then we add bonuses to these same affiliates) on CJ because this is the only way we can run a tiered program ($65 for sale 1 and 2, $100 for each sale over 2). The reversal does not at all mean that you loose that sale!

Believe me, I'm as annoyed by this whole reversal thing as you (and many others) are and since this seems to continue to be a problem we're now planning on discontinuing our CJ program. Our In-House program doesn't have these type of issues as we have much more control over how we structure commissions and payouts and don't get limited by a third party vendor.

I make sure to post more about this here as updates become available.

Geno: If topaff refers 1 or 2 sales each month than it happens monthly! First we reverse the commission and than we add it back in as a bonus. It's such a twisted way of doing this, but we haven't found any other method of running a tiered program on CJ. In any event, this will soon be a mood point as we are discontinuing our CJ affilite program.

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    Do not market webhosting companies if you can't accept reversals.
    What gets me about reversals is this: If someone goes through the steps involved with registering a domain and going through the whole shopping cart to host, HOW is it that it gets reversed? How does it even get that far along with the credit card IF it's bogus to begin with? I think it's a total FARSE when this is reversed.

Okay, so there's a 30 day guarantee. STILL, even more of a potential farse. The only way I can see a person backing out of before the 30 day period is if they change their mind about working the site.

What are all the reasons for reversals?

Can someone really have a bogus credit card, make the transaction, BEFORE you catch it? Nothing automated on your end? Sounds to me like you're just a reseller and you're way down the food chain. How long does it take your upline to inform you of a bogus credit card?

I was just going to give globat a chance try them out see if all this reversal stuff is true.

But even though a few months ago they invited me to join it would appear they have me set to auto decline because my app was declined as soon as I clicked Apply. lol

I'll say this once and for all ... hosters are whores ... find a true one for your business the rest is just pure shit, nothing at globat nor anyone else but aff wise they all suck.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

HardwareGeek: Everybody on CJ is on auto-decline now as we are discontinuing our CJ program and fully focus on our in-house affiliate program (http://affiliates.globat.com). This reversal stuff is just getting too much. PM me once you're through the signup process (if you're interested) and I'll make sure you get setup right away.

Haiko: Ts, ts, ts... I obviously strongly disagree with this general swing at the hosting (affiliate) industry! Hosters are no more whores as some affiliates are. There're plenty of affiliates out there (some of these are topic of hefty discussions here on ABW) that are trying to screw us and other affiliates every day! The problem is that the stakes, commissions, and expectations are high when it comes to hosting. Where else can you get 100-120% of the sales price of a product for a referral?! That's why affiliates are flocking to hosters; despite all the talk about how bad this host is, and how terrible the other host has treated someone. It's the money - the high commissions - that draws them in. Naturally when something isn't going as planned the fighting, *****ing, and blaming starts. That, however, doesn't automatically make hosters the bad guys (although I concede that not all hosts are alike in that respect). Now just look at your own forum to see how some hosts are trying to work with affiliates. There's a polling thread out here that lists some 20-25 of the top hosting companies with affiliate programs. Midphase and Globat are leading the poll for the most popular affiliate programs and that might be due to the fact that I see Dan from Midphase and myself being active here on ABW. Yet I don't see many (or even any) of the other hosts out here trying to solve issues, cut deal, defend positions, concede mistakes while at times getting their butts kicked by affiliates (sometimes deserved and sometimes undeserved). To me that doesn't qualify any of us for the whore title!

But since we're at this, what in your opinion is it that makes hosts affiliate programs suck and what would make you (and other affiliates for that matter) happy? Do you think hosters suck more than other merchants? If so, why?

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by globat
    ...we can run a tiered program ($65 for sale 1 and 2, $100 for each sale over 2)
    Then why do you advertise in CJ that you pay $100 per sale with performance incentives? Doesn't your program really pay $65 with performance incentives?

I'd say this is the root of the problem, not to mention the fact that is causes people to not believe anything else you say.

I'd suggest using your marketing tactics more on your customers than your affiliates.

Globat Say Goodbye to CJ Affs
    "Over the past few months, we have received lots of feedback
    and many comments from our affiliates describing that having
    two affiliate programs is causing confusion for our affiliates.

Due to this, Globat.com is now discontinuing it's affiliate
    program in the Commission Junction network effective:

Friday, November 18, 2005.

As of today, we will be expiring all of our CJ Publishers and
    our CJ tracking links will remain active for only 7 more days."

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT
    "Over the past few months, we have received lots of feedback
    and many comments from our affiliates describing that having
    two affiliate programs is causing confusion for our affiliates.

Due to this, Globat.com is now discontinuing it's affiliate
    program in the Commission Junction network effective:
    Got that also... Didn't realize that they had two programs..

What a bunch of hot air they are blowing.. If an affiliate signs up through CJ then they have one program to monitor. How is that confusing to an affiliate?

Maybe they will have as much success with their own program as they are having with their million dollar page
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://www.tastelessandtacky.com]Tasteless and Tacky Gear[/URL][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by hotspice
    Maybe they will have as much success with their own program as they are having with their million dollar page
    I've been sending glob customers for about a year now. I'm using their inhouse program and there's something that just doesn't feel right, or is that smell right? I may not be sending streams of people every day but there have been quite a few uniques, so, with the incredible deals that glob promotes, WHY is it there are no sales? Or is it there are no sales being reported?

How much trust is it I'm supposed to have?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by globat
    topaff: As discussed here on ABW several times before we have to reverse commissions (but then we add bonuses to these same affiliates) on CJ because this is the only way we can run a tiered program ($65 for sale 1 and 2, $100 for each sale over 2). The reversal does not at all mean that you loose that sale!

Believe me, I'm as annoyed by this whole reversal thing as you (and many others) are and since this seems to continue to be a problem we're now planning on discontinuing our CJ program. Our In-House program doesn't have these type of issues as we have much more control over how we structure commissions and payouts and don't get limited by a third party vendor.

I make sure to post more about this here as updates become available.
    So is this happening? Are you seeing sales reversed only to see bonuses added later? Are you seeing reversals in the in-house program?

I'm not taking sides here. I just would like to know all the facts.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Then why do you advertise in CJ that you pay $100 per sale with performance incentives? Doesn't your program really pay $65 with performance incentives? I'd say this is the root of the problem...
    I agree, it is confusing and I'm not too hip about the setup of it, which is one of the reasons why we're leaving CJ. We're trying to focus on our in-house program (http://affiliates.globat.com) where we believe (and please let me know what you think) that we make it very clear how our program pays out. There we don't need to reverse anything or bonus another. CJ's been great, but it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by hotspice
    Got that also... Didn't realize that they had two programs..
    What a bunch of hot air they are blowing.. If an affiliate signs up through CJ then they have one program to monitor. How is that confusing to an affiliate?
    We have had an in-house affiliate program for several years and the majority of our affiliates go through it. Many of our power affiliates have accounts with both, the in-house and Cj and they have been using some links from both. Now at times we had different promotions for each program (until we found out the people are running links through both). THAT'S what makes it confusing. On top of which it seems to me by following several threads here on ABW our commission payout has confused many ABW members as well. By us focusing on one program only, where its crystal clear what the payout is, we hope to solve this problem.

The peculiar rules of Globat's in-house program
    I can understand the desire to consolidate multiple programs. And certainly we all agree that Globat's listings within CJ's interface were highly confusing, at best.

But I think the consolidation may be a bigger deal than you're making it sound like, Scott. In particular, Globat's in-house program has some notable terms that CJ does not include and (as I understand CJ's rules) that CJ would now allow --
    Affiliate acknowledges and agrees that Globat's Affiliate Program is not designed for Affiliates to receive commissions for their own hosting account. If Globat elects to allow a commission for Affiliate referring himself, such commission will only be paid out to Affiliate, if Affiliate's relationship with Globat results in at least two additional sales within three months of Affiliate referring himself; otherwise the commission for Affiliate's own account referral may be reversed. If Globat elects to allow Affiliate to earn a commission for his or her own account referral the maximum number of own accounts an Affiliate can get commissioned for is one. Affiliate is required to promote Globat's products and services and deliver at least one qualified sale or referral resulting in a qualified sale per calendar quarter to remain an active Affiliate status with Globat. Affiliates, who do not meet said minimum activity requirement may forfit their Affiliate account as well as any unpaid commissions at Globat's sole discretion.

No payment will be made for accumulated amounts under $150.

Globat reserves the right to reset all Affiliate accounts that have not accumulated more than $150 in commissions by December 31 of each calendar year to zero on January 1.
    I don't mean to say that these rules aren't consistent with Globat's business objectives. To the contrary, these rules seem to give Globat some big benefits. But what they give to Globat, they take away from affiliates. It's easy for me to see how an affiliate might not wan to participate under these terms, even if the affiliate liked Globat's old CJ terms just fine.

Ben,

I agree with you on this one as well, but I believe that we have to tackle this one step at a time. The comission confusion at CJ, as you can see here on several ABW threads, was one of the most notable complaints we received. Once we have this under control we will work on several other "improvements". This is why I started this thread (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=64563) a few weeks ago. I'm still collecting as much feedback as possible to make my case with Globat's management.

Also, please keep in mind that we are more than willing to and do bend the rules for our affiliates all the time (like we always do pay full commission for an affiliate's own account referral despite our terms).

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    So is this happening? Are you seeing sales reversed only to see bonuses added later? Are you seeing reversals in the in-house program? I'm not taking sides here. I just would like to know all the facts.
    Yes, it has been happened with our CJ program every month. Due to the way our tiered commission payout is setup we have to reverse a sale and than pay a bonus instead. That has been causing confusion (understandably) and is one of the reasons why we are discontinuing our CJ program and focus on our in-house program (where we don't reverse; at least not unless there's a fraud order or something like this).

Why not just pay out $65 at CJ and set up a 53.85% bonus for affiliates who sell 3 or more units per month?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by bwc
    I've been sending glob customers for about a year now. I'm using their inhouse program and there's something that just doesn't feel right, or is that smell right? I may not be sending streams of people every day but there have been quite a few uniques, so, with the incredible deals that glob promotes, WHY is it there are no sales? Or is it there are no sales being reported? How much trust is it I'm supposed to have?
    bwc: I did find your affiliate account in-house and I think we need to put this into perspective. You have send 65 unique clicks over the last 12 month period and you have a general Shopper's Assistance website where our link is burried all the way down under the Web Connection section (there is no content around any of the links in this section, which makes it much harder for people to find the link and click on it). These type of sites (unless it's a deal site) don't usually perform at over 1% conversion because of the type of traffic that is being send. I'm sure you find many affiliates out here that can make suggestions on how to improve performance.

As far as you subtle hint towards our tracking system and the "smell" goes, our tracking works fine, but only more targeted sites perform at 2, 3 or even 4% conversion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast