Hey CJ - Jewelry Television messed up bad....
    Jewelry Television has mistakenly (or one can hope that it was just an innocent mistake) double reversed many transactions so that instead of simply reversing the original amount for a net effect of $0.00 commission for returned items, the amount is applied TWICE, so it counts against commissions on valid sales as well.

A lot of people are going to be losing a lot of money if this situation cannot be remedied.

This is not a scenario where duplicate transactions are being voided; this is individual transactions being hit with two reversals.

I would like to know if you get this situation resolved. This is the first month I have been with JewelryTelevision and they just extended all of my commissions.

What is your reversal rate with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Jewelry Television has mistakenly (or one can hope that it was just an innocent mistake) double reversed many transactions so that instead of simply reversing the original amount for a net effect of $0.00 commission for returned items, the amount is applied TWICE, so it counts against commissions on valid sales as well.

A lot of people are going to be losing a lot of money if this situation cannot be remedied.

This is not a scenario where duplicate transactions are being voided; this is individual transactions being hit with two reversals.
    I just joined JT. I will put all the links on hold for now. Is anyonelse aware of this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken

I will have someone look into this.

Thanks
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

This is the first month I have been with JewelryTelevision and they just extended all of my commissions.

What is your reversal rate with them?
    They extend all transactiosn, as many other merchants also do, to allow wiggle room for their 30-day return period. This is not unusual and I'm surprised that all merchants do not do this (though it's nice that some don't )

Reversal rate is par for the course. People return stuff sometimes.

Lovely.

Now all these transactions are CLOSED.

Even though I have hundreds of dollars in commissions that did not get reversed, I won't get paid for them because the duplicate reversals were applied against my commission balance.

Todd, is there any answer on this? I had 2 of these where I had one sale and TWO reversals for the same sale, resulting in a negative commission for those.

*bump*

Still no resolution.

This really is the kind of thing that should be fixed within a day after it is brought to their attention. Now it's been 10 days and counting. Already too late for September commissions to be included in November payment.

Is it too much to ask CJ to handle a situation like this in a respectful and professional manner, instead of giving one story to the affiliates, another story to the merchant, and still not having it fixed after two weeks have passed?

yes
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

19 days and counting.

ABW Ambassador
    actually this is a scenario i actually felt was already happening before, even before JT, and maybe not just JT.

when you have a reporting that is confusing enough that it is not easy to audit reversals against original transactions, that's what happens.

i had reversals that i cannot find the original transactions, but i just gave up and accepted that maybe it's just me. but now, i don't know. this scenario leaves plenty of food for thought on the table.

hey, anybody here disagrees that CJ reporting is not a mess?

Well now it's been one whole month, and two pay cycles missed.

Doesn't even matter at this point if this is due to ignorance, indifference, or ineptitude.

If it happened to Paul it would be fixed in two hours.

Did this problem every get resolved? I just signed up with Jewelry Television, but after reading this, I'm having second thoughts.

Yes it did get resolved, but it took quite some time. This is the kind of thing that should be fixed in one or two days, not two or three months.

FWIW, it was probably not Jewelry Television's fault. She (their AM) kept in touch and kept communication lines open and flowing while CJ sat on their thumbs.

Thanks so much for the info. This'll be my first foray into jewelry, so just knowing the merchant tried to resolve it helps big time.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread