Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoroughly Disgusted

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Thoroughly Disgusted
    Watch this space, we have caught a couple of so called respectable affiliates using HotBar to target our clients!!!! Just wrapping up some details but I'll be posting full details of these scum bags early next week... I'd like to do it now but John (who did all the work) wants to get all his ducks in a line before he lets me.... no idea if these people are on ABW, but one of them went as far as to lie to us via mail and phone about how they were doing their marketing.... GOING DOWN

Watch this space!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

nuke em!!!
    way to go guys.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

AMWSO ROCKS!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

good on ya Chris. fry them !!
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    So your leveraging the Panda S/W techie folks for some insights to the scumbag affiliates riding the theftware trains. Bet they whack many merchants and fellow affiliates PPCSE budgets too. Give them a swift kick and spread the word to other BHO hating AM's.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Okay First Up we have.....

http://www. adsingular. com : Granted we should never have believed the sales copy in the first place ans it looked very iffy but no software was in evidence, turns out they use other people's software.... LS SID 1611053

But the worst guy is yet to come...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar

Calls for a toast all around!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

HERE ,HERE. I`ll get the rope.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    But the worst guy is yet to come...

"4. System Configuration. By downloading and using the Software you grant Company a non-exclusive, unlimited, royalty-free, worldwide license to: (a) in Company's sole discretion, make changes to your DNS host file and direct your Web browser (by modifying the URL) to certain Web sites the Software refers; (b) display on your computer screen, at any time, in Company's sole discretion, advertisements, promotions, graphics, and creatives ("Advertisements"). Such Advertisements may promote entities that offer products and services that are competitive to the products and services offered on a Web site you are viewing, and the Advertisements may include, but not be limited to, pop-ups, pop-unders, banners, buttons, skyscraper ads, text links and rich media ads; (c) redirect certain URLs including your browser default 404-error page to or through the Software (d) remove, disable or render inoperative other adware programs resident on your computer, which, in turn, may disable or render inoperative, other software resident on your computer, including software bundled with such adware, or have other adverse impacts on your computer; (e) periodically modify or change the Software residing on your computer; and (f) provide advertisements, links or information in response to search terms you use at third-party websites (g) automatically update the Software and install added features or functionality or additional software, including search clients and toolbars, conveniently without your input or interaction install desktop icons and installation files (h) install software from Adsingular affiliates; (I) install additional Third Party Software on your computer."

http://www.adsingular.com/termsandconditions.html

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Wow, what timing...

They just applied for our program, and I was reading their description - thinking to myself... "something is not right here."

I figured I'd pop over to ABW and see what's what about these folks. Now I know I can safely and happily decline their application.

Thanks!

Paul

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulS
    Wow, what timing...

They just applied for our program, and I was reading their description - thinking to myself... "something is not right here."

I figured I'd pop over to ABW and see what's what about these folks. Now I know I can safely and happily decline their application.

Thanks!

Paul
    ABW .. protecting affiliate's commissions for 4 years.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Yes... ABW deserves a large round of applause for being there for affiliates and merchants.

No we don't use Exact... cough
    Well...it's always a fun day when you kick out lone of your top 10 affiliate partners from a program and inform them that they won't be getting their commissions!

Especially when they explicitly said "no we don't work with Exact or anyone like them..."

SID 1440234 TheAdNetwork. http://www. theadnetwork .net

Tracked down to working with

ExactAdvertising via - LoudCash, IEPlugin, bullseye-network.com, Kazaa, Xango and many many more.

Now these people don't own software, they use third party software to target our clients domain, Organic SEO, PPC and brand name through this software. Adding no value to the transaction what so ever, causing consumer confusion, increasing the clients PPC campaign costs and damaging relations with other marketing partners.

On top of this they still claim... they didn't know... ? We're supposed to believe that they had no idea what they were doing? yea right... Kiss the sole of my foot and get out!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Chris,

Which AMSWO program were they on?

We ABWers can promote them more to take up the slack

Thumbs up
    They were both on Western Union. Billy. WU is always a target of such people due to the brand, we have all the adware guys kicked out, but every month we get jokers like these jumping in... and wondering why we're holding back their commissions.....

Good time of the year to promote WU as it is coming up to hottest time of the year for people to send money home, to family and as a gift.

Cheers

Chris

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    what they meant was....

they didn't know...

they'd get caught...

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Chris,

WU was a casualty of Athena - all those LS merchants I dropped - but I found a place for Mondera - I'll PM the url

Awesome thanks Billy, fired off a reply

theadnetwork.net sure sounds like some wanks who adhire to an advertising mindset. More shit on th ewall the better when your stuffing cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    "4. System Configuration. By downloading and using the Software you grant Company a non-exclusive, unlimited, royalty-free, worldwide license to: (a) in Company's sole discretion, make changes to your DNS host file and direct your Web browser (by modifying the URL) to certain Web sites the Software refers; (b) display on your computer screen, at any time, in Company's sole discretion, advertisements, promotions, graphics, and creatives ("Advertisements"). Such Advertisements may promote entities that offer products and services that are competitive to the products and services offered on a Web site you are viewing, and the Advertisements may include, but not be limited to, pop-ups, pop-unders, banners, buttons, skyscraper ads, text links and rich media ads; (c) redirect certain URLs including your browser default 404-error page to or through the Software (d) remove, disable or render inoperative other adware programs resident on your computer, which, in turn, may disable or render inoperative, other software resident on your computer, including software bundled with such adware, or have other adverse impacts on your computer; (e) periodically modify or change the Software residing on your computer; and (f) provide advertisements, links or information in response to search terms you use at third-party websites (g) automatically update the Software and install added features or functionality or additional software, including search clients and toolbars, conveniently without your input or interaction install desktop icons and installation files (h) install software from Adsingular affiliates; (I) install additional Third Party Software on your computer."
    For pity's sake, that's sounding just like Slimeware.com. If I didn't know it was for real, I'd think that those T&Cs were taking the piss. Perhaps they ripped of Slimeware's T&Cs? Viz:

* This is a legally binding agreement between yourself "you" and Slimeware Corporation "Slimeware".
    * By downloading these applications you agree to forgoe any legal claims against Slimeware now or in the future.
    * You agree to allow Slimeware full and unrestricted access to the data held on your PC and personal data you supply to us, to do with as we see fit. Additionally, you agree that we can have unrestricted access to the data on any network connected system, and that you are authorised on penalty of perjury to allow us to have access.
    * You agree to not post critical comments of Slimeware and/or its products in any place, public or private, in any medium including electronic, printed and in conversation. Furthermore you agree that if you violate this, you will pay Slimeware the sum of one million ($1,000,000) dollars.
    * Slimeware may install, upgrade and change the applications installed on your PC, and alter any data found on that PC, or any other connected device.
    * Upon deinstallation or attempted deinstallation of a product, you may be liable to pay a fee, and be subject to other liabilities, the level and nature of which will be determined solely at the discretion of Slimeware.
    * You agree that we may alter any content displayed in your web browser, including affiliate links, we may display adult material on your PC without restriction, and we may bar your access to web sites on our sole discretion.
    * You agree to indemnify Slimeware against any and all legal claims made against it in regards to your use of Slimeware's software.
    * You understand that Slimeware offers no warrantly, explicit or implied on any of our products whatsoever.
    Basically that's just saying "all your PC are belong to us".
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Hehe, Dynamoo, maybe you can get them booted off their host for plagiarizing your site. ( That's a joke, nobody sue me, rofl. )
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

As always Kudos to Chris!

Thank you very much!

I love it when I see someone trying to scheme and get their commission frozen! ROTFLMAO!!! Buti nga sa iyo Gago!!!! (good for you damdam!!!)

Don't mess with ABW Members, they will find yah!!!

Thanks again Chris and ABW!

Rock on!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast