When does CommisionJunction send payments
    Hi,

I'm new in this affiliate business and new to this board.

So, when will i get a check for transactions that happened in October?

The way I understand it is that all transactions will be closed by the 10th of the following month. Then CJ sends the check on the 20th.

I'm I correct in thinking that for transactions that posted in October I'll get a check around 20th of November?

Thanks,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by rookieaffiliate
    Hi,

I'm new in this affiliate business and new to this board.

So, when will i get a check for transactions that happened in October?

The way I understand it is that all transactions will be closed by the 10th of the following month. Then CJ sends the check on the 20th.

I'm I correct in thinking that for transactions that posted in October I'll get a check around 20th of November?

Thanks,
    Alex
    Yes if you made more than $25 in October. Welcome onboard Alex.

Also, merchants have the option of extending transactions for one month, so you'll get some (probably most) around 11/20, but some may be 12/20. Some merchants just extend questionable transactions. Some merchants extend everything. They typically extend transactions so they can reverse any returns.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Also, merchants have the option of extending transactions for one month, so you'll get some (probably most) around 11/20, but some may be 12/20. Some merchants just extend questionable transactions. Some merchants extend everything. They typically extend transactions so they can reverse any returns.
    Yes, you will usually have to wait a extra month before your commisions are locked in, so the merchants can make sure they are not being defrauded in any way (bad credit cards); and make sure the merchandise will not be returned... Sorry, it's a sad one I know.
    Last edited by HumbleFish; November 11th, 2005 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling

I deal mostly with eBay. Anyone knows whaty they usually do? Something's telling me they probably do an automatic 1 month extension?

Thanks,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by rookieaffiliate
    I deal mostly with eBay. Anyone knows whaty they usually do? Something's telling me they probably do an automatic 1 month extension?

Thanks,
    Alex
    they don't

Aren't locked commissions paid the month after they become locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Proverb
    Aren't locked commissions paid the month after they become locked?
    Locekd commissions are paid on Nov. 20 by either check or direct deposit.

Commissions that are locked by the cutoff (sometime around the 10th) are paid around the 20th.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks.

What's confusing is CJ's definition of locked commisions:

Locked: The Commission Junction system locks all New and Accepted transactions as well as any transactions that have been in the Extended status for a period longer than 30 days on the 10th of the month following the month they were posted. Commissions for all Locked transactions will be included in the payment following the month the transactions were posted (e.g., transactions locked in January are included in the February commission payment). Once a transaction is locked it may not be moved to another status.

According to this definition and the example supplied above, a commission locked in November would be included not in the November commission payment but in December's.

Quote Originally Posted by Proverb
    According to this definition and the example supplied above, a commission locked in November would be included not in the November commission payment but in December's.
    That's the way I understood it too. Glad that's not the case.

Thanks for clarifying.

If it's correct that commissions locked on or about the 10th are paid the same month, CJ needs to re-write their definition of a locked commission. According to the current definition, locked commissions would be paid the following month, not the month in which they're locked. Commissions locked on November 10, would be paid with the December 20th commission check, not the November check, again, according to the CJ definition. Would be nice to hear someone from CJ comment on this.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread