ABW Ambassador
    Very Disapointing :(
    I just checked my stats and was pleased to see a sale for Alaska Airlines for $1,832.00 and quickly jumped to the merchants report page to see how much commission I made, expecting it to be at least $100 and I see I made a lousy "spit in your face" $2 - pathetic ggggrrrrrr

Well I'm glad to be getting a lot of traffic looking for airline deals lately so I will now go looking for a real airline affiliate program that actually pays money not change for kids.

how miserable can they be ???

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Don't spend all those big two bucks all in one place, lol. Now you can buy that yacht you've always wanted - for your bath tub, that is, hehe.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

$2...???? thats not commish ,,,!!! thats robbery
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

It's not robbery. That's normal for airlines, and understandable. They operate on razor-thin margins in the best of times, and these days most are actually losing money due to gas prices. For every $1800 sale they make, they usually get half a dozen or more bargain basement tickets.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Last year I arranged 2 European trips for local clients both over 2500.00 ea. Lousy 10.00 in commissions made me decide to just push the hotel and travel bundle plans through smaller players not riddled with BHO's.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yeah, same thing happened with me, Mike. I made a few big air fare sales to Europe ranging from $1800 to $2500 in price. I got $5 commission each. woo hoo. I made more from the hotel. So, I'm definitely pushing hotels more than air fare now.

-M
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    ok that's too bad, I was not aware of the low commissions in the airline ticket business and was hoping it was just this merchant. Anyone want some airline traffic damn, lol !

Maybe I should consider selling airplane tickets and take you up on your offer of "airline traffic", glinted. BTW, welcome to the forum!

I still wonder why we're talking "razor-thin margins" here, and why some of the airline companies programs of which I've reviewed offer $10-15 commission per booking. C'mon, people! You're selling $1,000-2,000 "products". $10 is 1% and less... Has anyone looked into the details of this? Does anyone really know why?

Geno

Look at publicly listed airlines financial statements (not to mention bankruptcy filings) and you'll begin to understand why...

Could you elaborate please? I have actually looked through several before you've mentioned it... I believe, with a profit margin like this, you can allow for a fancier commission. C'mon, you have half-empty planes flying at times. That's what Priceline makes money on. Tell me what you meant... Maybe it's too subtle for me to understand...

The half-empty planes are part of the reason they're going bankrupt! With a few exceptions like Southwest, "airline profits" is a contradiction in terms. After decades of operating, most of the big US carriers have negative shareholders' equity...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread