Offline shopping - what is the point?
    I had to go into town this morning to the post office. Normally I park on the edge and walk 5 mins into the shopping area, today I drove the last bit to park in the centre - MISTAKE - Christmas shopping has started in earnest.

I sat 20 mins crawling round a car park - no chance of turning around. Went to the post office and was grudgingly served by a stroppy woman behind the counter. Next stop opticians, woman in front of me knew the people who worked there so two of them dealt with her while I waited. Out on the streets, it was go at the pace of the slowest or step into the road to get moving. Shops were equally full, didn't they know I'd be there and they should have gone out later?

Got fed up with it and came home (another 15 mins to leave the car park). Back at my computer, I ordered the first of the presents I'm buying this year. This took me 5 mins and I had a cup of coffee and a cmfy chair to sit in while I did it.

Offline shopping? You can keep it!

Top that off with adding the cost of gasoline here in the US of A and it's a wonder anybody leaves their house at all. Last year I bought everything, except groceries, online. I even bought a Ford Bronco through eBay.

I have since parked the gas guzzling Bronco, took it completely off the road, and opt for taking a cab back and forth once a week for groceries. The cash I save in gas for the SUV and insurance, etcetera, I think pays for my groceries~! I'll have to run a tally at the end of the year to see if this is true.

The only transportation I have now is my Harley . . . and she's getting 30 MPGs . . . sweet~!

I always do my Christmas shopping online because I hate to deal with the shipping part for out of state family. It is so easy to let the merchant ship and gift wrap for me!

But for my immediate family I do enjoy going to the malls/shops. I am one of those crazy people who actually enjoys the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season.

There is one store I won't go near at Christmas time...Walmart. I don't know what it is about Walmart but everyone just turns mean.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    But for my immediate family I do enjoy going to the malls/shops. I am one of those crazy people who actually enjoys the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season.
    You've just reminded me, we did go Christmas shopping last year, there is something to the hustle and bustle and Christmassy-ness that's appealing with lights and decorations. But then we didn't buy hardly anything, instead we looked at stuff, then came home and ordered it online, avoided the queue at the tills and nothing to carry. I see as payback for those people who find things on my sites and go out and buy it from the stores!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    There is one store I won't go near at Christmas time...Walmart. I don't know what it is about Walmart but everyone just turns mean.
    In the SuperCenters you must walk about 1/4 mile each direction for each little item - this always places me in somewhat of a poorer mood. I try to avoid shopping Walmart if possible, but sometimes I am given a list of items to buy on the way home that would require me to stop at 3 or 4 different stores so I just go to Walmart.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    I see as payback for those people who find things on my sites and go out and buy it from the stores!
    love-it

The last time I missed going Christmas shopping was when I used to go to Santas Village in Boston Commons when I was just a pup . . .

oh ! how i miss the UK. [NOT] LOL,,
    paul . did you go into cambridge, or bedford ??
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

It was St. Neots Neil.

You'd really be NOT missing the UK this week, the sky is now almost permanently about 25 feet above our heads, grey and damp. Today's nice though, blue skies all the way - I just had to spoil it by going into town!

its winter here also,
    though you can still walk about in shorts and t,shirts.
    it gets a little cold at night.
    though the amount of people on the streets drop,
    as this is a holday resort
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    Offline shopping? You can keep it!
    Buy Online... You know that's what I like to do

Here in the America, Thanksgiving used to be the start of Christmas shopping. But, it just gets earlier and earlier... I guess it doesn't matter where one is these days.

Actually, it's easy to say - it's getting the message out to everyone that it might be (a million times) easier to do it through a website that has what one is looking for.

I think you've got a great story that bears repeating. IMHO

Fred

I won't go there anymore either. Everytime I go to Walmart I get gas.... really bad gas. After fumigating several aisles I let one go to close to a *****y old lady and she gave me a crusty look. Kinda fun at the time until a few minutes later the store security asked me to leave and followed me out the door. Busted by the Walmart fart police! What a hoot, er, I mean toot.
    ~Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by erninator
    I won't go there anymore either. Everytime I go to Walmart I get gas.... really bad gas. After fumigating several aisles I let one go to close to a *****y old lady and she gave me a crusty look. Kinda fun at the time until a few minutes later the store security asked me to leave and followed me out the door. Busted by the Walmart fart police! What a hoot, er, I mean toot.
    What'd you do? Fry her eyebrows?

Buy Online... You know that's what I like to do
    Definitely, Buy Online!

But first, search for it on the ( ) and then, Buy It Online!

yet!

Last edited by Mr. Sal; November 12th, 2005 at 09:17 PM.

I'm one of those crazy people that LOVES christmas shopping at the malls.

My daughter and I make a day of it and shop till we can't walk anymore, then take in a dinner break and continue shopping through the midnight madness sales. I would do all my shopping online but I really enjoy the atmosphere a mall offers at christmas time....all the panicky people, the shoving and pushing, the dirty looks........ahhhhhhh, nothing says christmas more than a woman tackling you for the last sale item LOL!

On a more serious note: I usually have my shopping done well before the eleventh month begins but do go to the malls just to people watch and spend the day with my mom or my daughter. The best time to do this though, is on Boxing Day - does everyone have boxing day sales in their area?
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by BrattyKitty
    I'm one of those crazy people that LOVES christmas shopping at the malls.

My daughter and I make a day of it and shop till we can't walk anymore, then take in a dinner break and continue shopping through the midnight madness sales. I would do all my shopping online but I really enjoy the atmosphere a mall offers at christmas time....all the panicky people, the shoving and pushing, the dirty looks........ahhhhhhh, nothing says christmas more than a woman tackling you for the last sale item LOL!
    I've heard this before, from many. Usually female. It's a demographic one can't ignore. So are the ones most likely to buy online men and non-conforming women?

Fred

Oh pullllllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase.

What's with the non-conformist female demographic stuff. I'm a conformist. I do what i've been conditioned to do and that is shop. It's just a little harmless fun to shop and stare down someone who's twice as big and come out the winner of a prized (stretched out) sweater you didn't want in the first place..

Realisticly, I don't understand the logic behind actually doing your shopping at a mall.....I just go for the fun of it. Both mother, daughter and I REALLY enjoy people watching and being in the thick of it all.
    I feel bad for hubby, he's one of the mall shoppers that actually buys things LOL!
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

I HATE SHOPPING!

Online, offline any time.

I'd almost rather be shot than shop.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I still shop offline but mainly because I have teenagers and they are into the malls and the little shops around where we live. But if it was just me and my DP we'd definitely do most of our shopping on line. We at about 25% on line shopping. I hate traffic and the idiot drivers.
    LeDonna
    Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread