Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reporting Weird?
    Anybody else notice reporting is wierd or am I miscalculating something?

The main problem is a txn, commison detail report, corrected status and actions status all. Event Date range is Oct 1 - Oct 31.

It shows corrected commisons with a negative amount, but 0 in commison and 0 in sale amount. Shouldn't these balance out and have a negative sale amount and comission amount.

Do your reports look OK?

Reports are still screwed up!!
    Not sure of an answer to your question, but the reports continue to be screwed up.... I am not sure how many sales I have actually had or anything else for that matter... Hang tight.... maybe things will catch up today.

What kea is describing is 'normal' - the negative amounts simply cancel out positive amount previously posted for sales.

But as far as reporting being screwed up, my vocabulary is too limited by decorum for me to say what I think is going on in that place.

I'm soooooo disgusted with their reporting!!!! Running tons of PPC ads and 1 sale... there's always a problem on the weekends. They need to fix all of their system and reporting blips QUICKLY.

My performance report for yesterday is over twice as much as my transaction report is telling me. I hope this gets fixed

Angry Todd.... Help!
    Do you think you could persuade CJ to post some kind of excuse as for what is going on with reporting? Even though we will all be extremely skeptical, we deserve some kind of explaination.

Thanks

Don't say it.... I know, WE know, tracking of sales will not be affected..

Not picking on you Todd. Honest. Just fed up with all the CJ crap!

Thanks again
    Last edited by Airstrip; November 13th, 2005 at 03:07 PM. Reason: typo

ABW Ambassador
    What is going on is that there are many bugs from the last upgrade and they're going to wait until after the holidays to attempt to fix them. Just a guess. There is a bug thread and i also asked about the smartzone bug and Todd needed to be reminded of them. I think they forgot about the bugs. There's the smartzone bug, payment history date bug, products links availability bug etc.

I looked at a few internal trending reports and ran some reports from a publisher's account and saw no issues. Nonetheless, I submitted a bug to have this investigated further.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    So was i right in that you guys are going to wait till after the holidays to fix all the lingering bugs from the last upgrade? If it takes another upgrade to fix all those bugs that would be fine by me, to wait.

The last three days have been some of the worst CJ sales days I have had since starting affiliate marketing 3 years ago--despite normal traffic. Yesterday I thought I'd finally seen a sale, since my summary balance went up, but when I ran reports it was nowhere to be found. I logged in a couple of hours later, and my balance had gone back down to where it was before this mystery sale. We're coming into Christmas, and I'm terrified that the season that sustains us for the rest of the year is going to be a bust.

-N.

I looked at a few internal trending reports and ran some reports from a publisher's account and saw no issues. Nonetheless, I submitted a bug to have this investigated further.
    Todd - some of us have transactions that appeared in the Performance reports but which did not show up in the itemized Commission Detail report, or in the gross balance figure.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    So was i right in that you guys are going to wait till after the holidays to fix all the lingering bugs from the last upgrade? If it takes another upgrade to fix all those bugs that would be fine by me, to wait.
    Noooooo. They are going to wait and do their tinkering EXACTLY on the holidays. and it takes a downgrade to fix an upgrade. LOL

Nope. No problems. You're all hallucinating. Nothing is ever wrong with the tracking or reporting at CJ.

I know that's the case because Todd says so.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Todd - some of us have transactions that appeared in the Performance reports but which did not show up in the itemized Commission Detail report, or in the gross balance figure.
    Thanks, I added this info to the bug.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

I am having the same problem... I have 80 dollars from yesterday in my performance reports that are not in my transaction reports or in my top balance. What is going on? There is no way that there is no problem this time.

The sale I had seen in my summary but no transaction for eventually showed up, showing that it had been posted *after* I initially saw the balance change (and then disappear).. So that sale is in reports for yesterday now. Then just now (it's 3am Pacific, yawn) I logged in to finally see a nice shift (+$$) in my balance, and then when I logged back in 5 minutes later it was gone again. It never showed up in my reports, but showed up in the summary at the top. Hopefully sometime later today that'll show up in reports, as well?

-N.

It's exactly as Chocolate Chicken stated!! The bug relates to Saturday 11/12. E-mailed CJ yesterday and awaiting a response.

Definitely something wrong! I see a sale under "new transactions", my balance has increased but the sale does not show up under the "performance reports" nor under "Quick Stats".

Event Date: 14-Nov-2005 05:58 PST - Posting Date: 14-Nov-2005 07:04 PST

It is now 09:38 PST on CJ's clock, so there must be one heck of a delay in processing reports.

15 years and counting
    Same here. I don't know what's going on but my balance is going up and I can't find the transactions. We're in that transition period between the 10th and the 20th where anything can happen.

ABW Ambassador
    Same here, balance jumped, but have no idea why, not seeing anything in any of the reports.

15 years and counting
    I've seens several jumps in my balance in less than 1 hour. I assume they are using different databases for their accounting and they are not in synch. Each time a transaction is changing of status like lock, unlock two different databases must be involved. After a while my balance is getting back to the previous level.

CJ 'Pending Commissions' and 'Current Balance' out of sync.
    After recalculation of 'Pending Commissions' problem to vanish completely.

15 years and counting
    Many reports are out of synch, too. The total of my commission details is much higher than my commission summary. It seems it's never going to catch up even if the commission details are updated only once an hour.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I've seens several jumps in my balance in less than 1 hour. I assume they are using different databases for their accounting and they are not in synch. Each time a transaction is changing of status like lock, unlock two different databases must be involved. After a while my balance is getting back to the previous level.
    just like the google dance. and like you said, they're probably using different databases. in one you have lots of transactions. in another, tough luck. when the dance stops and you happen to be on the bad database, that's how measly you will get.

I'm seeing the same thing.. My performance report is about $175 shy of my transaction report..

Whats up with that?
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://www.tastelessandtacky.com]Tasteless and Tacky Gear[/URL][/SIZE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast