Making the most of search terms
    I am seeing about 97% of my search engine traffic is coming from the same search term~Famous New Mexicans. (BTW, Google is not liking me, but Yahoo sure is.)
    Anyway, how would you go about getting these peeps buying? What would you push on the page featuring famous new mexicans?

Aggh, let contextual advertising do the job.

I have no idea if that is supposed to be Famous (New Mexico) people or Famous New (Mexico people). If you do, you could add some books about them, see if anyone has portraits or products made by them... or open a cafepress store that has cute Famous New Mexican sayings on t-shirts or something.

Personally, I'd let contextual advertising handle it.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADesertRose
    I am seeing about 97% of my search engine traffic is coming from the same search term~Famous New Mexicans. (BTW, Google is not liking me, but Yahoo sure is.)
    Anyway, how would you go about getting these peeps buying? What would you push on the page featuring famous new mexicans?
    Georgia O'Keefe prints and turquoise jewelry. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Ranchero and pop Mexican music ... shoot sells like hotcakes in Mexico ... they eat dogs in parts, have no roofs in others but they want their musica!

I was born and lived there for three years many years later... so I don't need any racist horsehockey.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Ranchero and pop Mexican music ... shoot sells like hotcakes in Mexico ... they eat dogs in parts, have no roofs in others but they want their musica!

I was born and lived there for three years many years later... so I don't need any racist horsehockey.
    Haiko,

I thought you was from the original Mejico.

I was going to plug Vicente Fernandez but, I just noticed that ADesertRose is talking about New Mexico (Land of Enchantment), not Mexico.

I just checked her Famous New Mexicans page, but no one habla Español allí, she don't even promote Selena's Music

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    First off, contextual ads could possibly cross over between New Mexico and Mexico, but two things that definitely come to mind are southwest (or southwestern) decor and southwest cuisine. And then there's also jewelry that's native to the area as well, by local artisans - Native American and not.

Crank out some more content (or just some minor re-writing) and broaden your keyword base; add more with additional closely related topics. Go through the categories for the state/region at ODP to get some more ideas on related topics. It's still about the best starting place around for researching for content development and keyword research, because of the taxonomy structure. Also use the Overture keyword tool, it's free.

There's content there, but it isn't necessarily keyword-centric page by page. First thing, fix the page titles so they're different for each page, reflecting what's on the particular page. Do keyword research and figure out what's the most relevant phrase for each page - and enhance the content to make sure that phrase is included naturally and in context.

More content = more keyword phrases = more rankings = more visitors = more selling opportunities.

And get some quality inbound links, too. It's a great site, by all rights it should do very well, but there should be *hundreds* of keyword phrases it's turning up for.
    Last edited by webworker; November 13th, 2005 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks all for the comments...gotta keep working on it, it is my new baby!

I have seen peeps in NM live in shacks but have outta site sound in their cars...guess I better build on that music thing too. Somehow I totally spaced off on it...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread