For companies with several sites...
    Our company currently has three e-commerce websites, each sells a different type of product. We would like to launch affiliate programs for all three, and with the pending launch of another e-commerce site we intend to launch more programs.

My question is, would it be more prudent to manage the programs through in-house software or to go through a network like SAS? Two of our sites use a specific shopping cart script developed in-house, the other two use another type.

Unless you have a good, credible, history with your brand names you may want to go with a network. Take a look at Share A Sale. They are affordable, have great service and are well trusted. Best of luck.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

If you do decide to set up your own system get a single package that can handle multiple merchants. I believe Post Affiliate Pro has multi-merchant option. Also check idevaffiliate.

Regards,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Thanks for the help.

Another n00b type question, assuming we go with our own system (and it seems the bosses are leaning that way), there will no doubt arise the question of finding affiliates to sign up. I know of the affiliate directories, etc., but as I'm still in the learning stage of this concept I'm wondering how I might be able to spot an affiliate site on my own and approach the owner to consider our programs. I see various ecommerce sites that look like good fits with some of our products, but I'd hate to send an email and find out their not affiliates. Does that make sense?

Hi Ciniva,
    I checked your site and I am not sure your company is ready for an affiliate programme for the products. I could barely find them on your site. If an prospective afffiliate were to consider sending you business, this is the first thing they will do.

Also what sort of web analytic data do you have? You have at best about 6 days of the free Google Analytics, but were you using something before that? Affiliates will want to know expected conversions, time for conversion, visits for conversion etc.

As for finding affiliates you could start with your customers, VAR's, consultants you are associated with, vendors you work with.

But I don't think you're ready. Don't fall for the "an affiliate strategy will give you an army of raging salespeople" story. It doesn't work that way in b2b unless you are in a very unique business.

Sorry for the tough love

Rush? I used to walk by Geddy Lee's house on the way to school every day. Saw them last at the Stones/SAR's concert in Toronto 2 years ago.

Cheers,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread