Google Analytics - new free tool
    Every merchant and affiliate should be monitoring their traffic and conversions to increase their business goals. Google did it again by announcing their free - yes free - Analytic tool.

http://www.google.com/analytics/index.html

Cheers,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

I would take a CLOSE look at their T&Cs before signing up to anything like that. I'm not saying I don't trust 'em.. oh wait, I am saying I don't trust 'em..
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

This may actually be a bad thing
    My contact at a major analytics firm says that they are getting a lot of clients coming to them concerned about this.

The same company that we are paying big bucks for marketing is now going to know everything about our market, clients and profitability? Scary thought.

With detailed information about what marketing works, what doesn't and who's profitable down to the last dollar in every major industry, that would put Google in a position to dominate world markets like no company has ever done before.

Now I am not a Google basher, but when one company has too much power, that's when predatory monopolies happen.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

What do you guys think?

Marc

ABW Ambassador
    The same company that we are paying big bucks for marketing is now going to know everything about our market, clients and profitability? Scary thought.
    With detailed information about what marketing works, what doesn't and who's profitable down to the last dollar in every major industry, that would put Google in a position to dominate world markets like no company has ever done before.
    I agree for sure but do we have a choice ? I mean, when the majority signs up with them and you wonder whether you should join or not. If your competitors start using it to their advantage, what would you do ?

btw, there are members who are saying that it is a useful tool which is helping them out. Check out this thread
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=66066
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Google Analytics is not taking on any new sites right now, but they have a list you can get on to be notified. Seems their early response overloaded them and they are in the process of increasing capacity.

I want to at least try it to see what all the fuss is about.

I guess it all depends on how you feel about giving a potential competitor the most intimate knowledge about your operation's profitability numbers.

Marc

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread