newbie question on link structure
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie to linkshare but have a question re link structure for linkshare. I signed up and was approved for an affiliate program with linkshare and the link they have me is structured to have a link plus a tracking pixel. Is the tracking pixel required? In other works, I just want to create a bunch of links to use as I wish and put them under text or banners. Is this allowed and posisble? If so, what is the correct structure to be used. Basically what I want to do is take a bunch of products from the merchant site and then append my tracking code to the urls. Is anyone doing this? Thanks.
    John

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    No the tracking pixel is not required, I would put ONE on each page just as a way of tracking page impressions versus clicks, having more than one means you get worthless click through data.

cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Exclamation
    but if you are making links to products for a merchant you'll have to follow an odd procedure.

supposedly you can do that completely within the LS interface but it doesn't seem to work that way.

be in LS where you can see a page for making product links for a merchant, but have another window open direct to the merchant from which you will get the url to the product.

get the url of the product from the merchant site then copy it over to the form within LS to make the link. the link should come out as the five digit number to the left of the decimal point and there should be a lot of numbers to the right.

you won't be able to test the link you made for a while, sometimes as long as an hour. and go back a week later and test again.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    John,
    As Chris stated, the tracking pixel is not reqiured. To address your other questions regarding links, it's probably best if we contact you by phone to talk through it. Can you email us at abw (at) linkshare.com with your contact information so someone from our support group can contact you?

Kelli

Tax Paying Member
    Product Link Problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    but if you are making links to products for a merchant you'll have to follow an odd procedure.

supposedly you can do that completely within the LS interface but it doesn't seem to work that way.

be in LS where you can see a page for making product links for a merchant, but have another window open direct to the merchant from which you will get the url to the product.

get the url of the product from the merchant site then copy it over to the form within LS to make the link. the link should come out as the five digit number to the left of the decimal point and there should be a lot of numbers to the right.

you won't be able to test the link you made for a while, sometimes as long as an hour. and go back a week later and test again.
    I am having a problem with product linking to a specific merchant. I have links to this merchants products that were made weeks ago and they seem to work fine. All links created in the last 10 days link back to LS sign in page. I followed the same proceedures and have also compared the code from working links to nonworking links and can't see any difference.

Any suggestions or comments??

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Witzer,
    We will need to look into your specific account and possibly speak with you by phone to understand what is happening. Please email abw (at) linkshare.com with your issue, LinkShare username and email address and we'll contact you.

Kelli

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread