Do you think GOOGLE-MALL beta would be a good idea??
    If GOOGLE came out with GOOGLE-MALL, an online shopping site (think Amazon not froogle) made up of advertisers. Instead of Charging pay per click GOOGLE will make its money from pay per sale (CPA).

What do you think about GOOGLE offering a service like this?
    What kind of service would you like to see GOOGLE offer for FREE??(keep in mind that money wouldn't be a issue)

(To my knowledge GOOGLE has no plans to build an AMAZON-like shopping mall. I only ask these questions to spark conversation amongst intelligent minds) ---I also plead the 5th...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Seems like that would be the next offer from G. They have everything else covered.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

If they do taht I bet ya anything all of our sales would drop

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    If they do taht I bet ya anything all of our sales would drop
    Yep, but we could join Goog's CPA program and maybe it'll perform. If they pay crappy % like Amazon, we'd be screwed. Goog & Amazon would clean up.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Google Mall, indexed by google, fed by Froogle and with Free Adesense to catch anyone those missed.... not sure most of the advertisers would be chuffed... THAT said, Yahoo, MSN, and AOL all have malls so it's not like every other core search platform isn't doing it already.

Edited : Re- read the questions a Google Mall , a la Amazon, would be detrimental to their business, I see froogle being something that is focused on soon to make it competitive to the the MSN / Yahoo malls and places like DealTime.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Should I put of a For Sale sign on EcomCity's Cybermall so they get a running start?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ok, maybe it's just me, but it seems like the more Google branches out into other pursuits, the crappier its search results get. Anybody else get that feeling or is it just me?
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

It's all about $$$$$$. Now that Google is a public company they have to produce results for their shareholders. Do they care about affiliates? No. They just use us for sending traffic over via adsense. Have you noticed that many of your Mercants have these google ads. Who do you think is going to get the best search results,a no paying affiliate site or a paying customer who supports them thru buying adsense ads?
    Google is now a big money machine.
    By the way has anyone signed up for the new Yahoo program (beta)?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If GOOGLE came out with GOOGLE-MALL, an online shopping site (think Amazon not froogle) made up of advertisers. Instead of Charging pay per click GOOGLE will make its money from pay per sale (CPA).

What do you think about GOOGLE offering a service like this?
    AWFUL idea!

What kind of service would you like to see GOOGLE offer for FREE??(keep in mind that money wouldn't be a issue)
    How 'bout some decent rankings for all my sites, under all my keywords/phrases!

Should I put of a For Sale sign on EcomCity's Cybermall so they get a running start?
    Either that or get 100% non-SE traffic. Goofle'd soon find some excuse to kick all the competing links out of their index anyway (probably by claiming everyone else = spam). Then the other SEs'd copycat from G.

The sickest thing is, some idiots would *still* believe that G's motivation was to "improve their listings" for "searchers"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread