Do you get paid for deactivated advertisers
    If an advertiser gets deactived we you still get paid from all the previous transactions?
    I am noticing everything that is still locked os from a deactivated merchant.

I cann't speak for your advertiser. I had one situation like this a couple of months ago. The advertiser extended payment for 30 days and I got the commish a month later. Good luck to you.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by finaidguy
    If an advertiser gets deactived we you still get paid from all the previous transactions?
    I am noticing everything that is still locked os from a deactivated merchant.
    don't expect it; let it be a surprise. many merchants have left networks without paying.

I had a case where CJ let a merchant go two months without paying and I had a whole bunch of reversals. I was livid. Especially when CJ would not do anything about it (and it is still a bone of contention I have with their program as it does not protects is by no means).

However, in this case I contacted the merchant offices and through several emails and phone calls I managed to finally get to the president who said he would issue me a check, which he did. I still think CJ should have done that as they are our mediator here...our representative with the merchant, but I had to do it on my own and as I understand it, I was one of the lucky ones who got paid.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I just called CJ to see what their answer of the day was.

They said you will get paid for everything up until the day they were deactivated.

I will believe it when I see it. On my reports everything moved from locked except that particular advertiser.

Apparently, the advertiser was deactivated for one day. I spent all this time taking down links and I have to wait 7 days for support to tell me they were only down one day.

Not only this, but all of thier commisions are still locked, which means, I will not be getting paid for them this month.
    I am really pissed off.

I've got a similar issue - it certainly looks like the affilates get cheated in this.

I have a deactivated merchant - the merchant had been extending payment for the past few months (before what appears to be quitting the network). Then just days before being deactivated - I get charge backs on real sales.

What is our recourse as affilates?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread