ABW Ambassador
    Individual product report not working
    This is one of the biggest strong points with LS, and is really needed now in peak shopping season to know what's moving nicely and put up more.

15 years and counting
    webworker - Individual product report not working
    I had sales uploaded up to Wednesday so I know the Individual product report works.
    Transaction Date Wednesday 16-NOV-2005 07:51
    Do I think all merchants report their sales? No.
    I even think some merchants have not reported their sales since Oct 22nd.

LinkShare, scrap that piece of crap, your SynergyAnalytics, and give us REAL reports where we can see if REALLY your merchants report their sales OR NOT.

The report has been "hanging" for me 3 times out of 4 today.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

ABW Ambassador
    That's what it's been doing, Tim. Hanging so bad it won't load at all but this last time it finally did after what must be a half hour or so.

One merchant reported a sale this weekend that I HAD to see - for $299. After I finally got into the thing, what they put in for the product is "yes" - and unfortunately, I had forgotten to put in the subid number and for sure it isn't the main site, so I'll really have to dig around if I want to know, or else call the AM.

It's really important to see the products, especially on some sites in the middle of holiday updates - there isn't much time left.

It's almost as though they have decided to phase out the old reporting (without telling us!!). I noticed yesterday that a sale from SmartBargains shows up under the "Traditional Reports" in SynergyAnalytics but does not show up in the old "Sales and Activity" report. Anyone else notice this? As far as the old "Individual item" report goes, it just doesn't load for me. It's just a waste of bloody time.

15 years and counting
    It's like that since their last upgrade after switching the memory dedicated to the old reports to SynergyAnalytics. It's taking me 5 minutes to run a report the first of the month, roughly 20 minutes now, and more than half an hour around the end of the month. It times out if you don't have a very fast connection.
    It's a shame.

Yep, seeing problems here too.

I think they are all so busy trying to put up the new Synergy Analytics (did I mention it is still beta) that they are not realizing some other things are having problems.

Where is Danix from LS? Has anyone seen any posts from him lately? He was always so good about giving us a truthful and timely update when problems occured with reporting and related issues. Kind of reminds me of when that guy from LS who came here to tell us about Synergy Analytics and then disappeared without a word. I asked and asked about him and no on from LS would ever say what happened to him.

Danix? Are you there? Can you give us an update please?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I usually only run the Individual Item report for the current day. I have a couple high-volume LinkShare merchants who report nearly in real-time, and I've found that's one way to see how the sales are going for the current day.

If you're not seeing Individual Item data, it's possible that the merchant is only sending order-level data instead of product-level data. You might want to give LinkShare support the details and have them check.

Another report I've found useful for seeing what is selling is the Product Success Report. I suspect that it works on the same data, though, so it probably still won't work for you.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Michael - I have a couple high-volume LinkShare merchants who report nearly in real-time, and I've found that's one way to see how the sales are going for the current day.
    That's the best thing they did in the last 5 years. I'm glad I'm working with a few merchants reporting several times during the day.

I had a look again at the SynergyAnalytics Individual Item Report. (I was expecting it to be down) What a piece of crap. I'm never seen something as bad. And the information is outdated. USELESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I had a look again at the SynergyAnalytics Individual Item Report. (I was expecting it to be down) What a piece of crap. I'm never seen something as bad. And the information is outdated. USELESS.
    What's really sad is the amount of time and money they spent on Synergy Analytics and what we got in return. I wish they had just kep the old reporting and passed on those thousands and thousands of dollars they spent on SA to us. It always bothers me when a company squanders money on something that does not work. I'm sure the LinkShare employees are thinking they probably could have had a nice raise if all that money had not been wasted.

Ahhhh, but Mr. Messer sold the company for millions, didn't he. Enough said, theres your answer.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    I agree, Ron. What a waste of money for no result. Look at what they did in 11 months. NOTHING. To announce today, SA is working with other browsers is just a desperate attempt to let us think they are working on it.
    I'm not seen one improvement in 11 months. Just the Affiliate Payment Summary and the Merchant Payment History to avoid a riot.
    I just hope the Rakuten people are clever enough to decide to scrap the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I just hope the Rakuten people are clever enough to decide to scrap the whole thing.
    I'm starting to get the impression that the Rakuten folks are just silent owners of the company. One would expect with a major buy out like this that the new owners would put forth some effort to communicate with all of us here in the trenchs doing the work for them, but I'm really sad to see they are so invisible and uncommunicative.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread