Multiple Domains, Applying to Merchant
    I have a site that is a BBQ site, and I also have a site that is not related. I clicked the "Join Program" link to see if I could specify which website I was applying for. The merchant is Ninam Ranch, and I bet they are pretty picky.

To my surprise, it automatically applied to their program. I hadn't even added my BBQ website to my list of sites. I went in and quickly added it under user preferences.

My question is this: is there a way to specify to a merchant which website you intend to advertise them on? They would probably not want to be on my "main" site, but I bet they wouldn't mind being on my BBQ site.

Will they reply if they turn me down so that I can explain what is going on?

Are they on "Auto Approve"? If they are, it doesn't matter what website you list. I have affiliates listing websites that are never used for my products...

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Are they on "Auto Approve"? If they are, it doesn't matter what website you list. I have affiliates listing websites that are never used for my products...

Geno
    Nope, they want to do a manual review. That is why it is so important that they understand which site I intend to advertise on.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Perhaps for Manual Reviews applications there could be an intermediary page where you can submit additional information before the application is finalised.

I know Brian is looking for things to do ...
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I was sort of expecting something like that when I clicked. It surprised me when it went straight from the click to "applied for program" confirmation.

The advertiser ended up sending an email that looked automated, so I responded to it and explained. It would definitely be easier to have a "comments" input box or something.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    shareasale allows you to list all your sites that you represent somewhere along with a primary site. Been a while since I did that sort of thing so I don't knwo where it is and I'm too lazy to look for you. It seems to me just list all your sites that and the merchant can see whatcha got. PLus maybe you can change the primary site right before you submit to a merchant. I'm not sure if you can, but worth looking into.

Mike

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread