All links I build go to the home page
    All the links I build in the Amazon "Build Links" area seem to point to the homepage irrespective of what I'm trying to get them to point to. Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

The only time I've had problems like that is when I tried to use "Build Links" on search results pages.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    All the links I build in the Amazon "Build Links" area seem to point to the homepage irrespective of what I'm trying to get them to point to. Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks.
    Me too, LaValette. Drives me completely crazy. I avoid placing Amazon links because it's just too frustrating. There has to be a way to make it SIMPLE to get a basic link.

If you want to link to a specific product, get the ISBN # and insert it where you see the XXXXX:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...ON-AFF-ID-HERE

Michael Coley gave me this option a few weeks ago for linking to a category or specific page:

-------------
    For instance, if you want to link to this page:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/172282and your affiliate ID is "abw", you would use:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...rowse/-/172282

---------------

Good luck. Sometimes, the category or page linking trick works, sometimes it doesn't. I give up. Hope it works for you. Actually, I hope they change their stupid linking structure! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks. I'll give it a shot...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Thanks. I'll give it a shot...
    You're welcome. If you figure out a way to get a specific page or category link working, I'd love to know.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    Text links? I just copy and paste the page url i want to link to and hit generate links and it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Text links? I just copy and paste the page url i want to link to and hit generate links and it works for me.
    It doesn't work for me. :-( Idid this with lots of links I "thought" were going to work and then, after I started checking them on my site, they all redirected to the home page. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

That's exactly what's happening to me. Emailed amazon about it but customer support doesn't know what I'm talking about. Sometimes I think it's a bunch of five year olds over there.

ps. I'm trying your method but lots of amazon pages (particularly in the electronics category) don't seem to fit the url structure you mentioned. I need to try again when my blood alcohol level is a bit lower though

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    There has to be a way to make it SIMPLE to get a basic link.
    I got frustrated a long time ago with the big A . . . and the peanuts in revenues. I don't worry about each individual link anymore unless it's absolutely necessary to any content. I just stick the whole damn store in, or a specific section of the store, where I wanna stab it . . .
    . . . . with GoldenCAN that is . . .

One thing that seems very wrong about the amazon program is the cookie duration - just 24 hours as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    You're welcome. If you figure out a way to get a specific page or category link working, I'd love to know.
    Well, believe it or not, I think I've figured out a way. Generate banner links, scoot over them with your mouse pointer, and hit "Copy Shortcut" (or "Copy Link Location" in Firefox). See if it works for you...

Well, believe it or not, I think I've figured out a way. Generate banner links, scoot over them with your mouse pointer, and hit "Copy Shortcut" (or "Copy Link Location" in Firefox). See if it works for you...
    I'll try it. Thanks!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread