SynergyAnalytics Appears Broken?
    Well, it's been about a month since I tried to use SynergyAnalytics, so I thought I would try again. Here's how it went:

1) I could tell things were changed. There's a gray box around just about everything now.

2) I waited on the front page about 30 minutes. The "hurricanes" spun, but nothing ever showed up.

3) I click on the Network Transaction Analysis tab. I waited about 10 minutes. The "hurricanes" spun, but nothing ever showed up.

4) I clicked Traditional Reports and then Sales and Activity Report. Now, instead of asking for two dates, it asks for a Date Range and has an option to "Add Another Value". The calendar popup no longer works. I typed "11/1/2005" and clicked "Next Prompt". Nothing. I clicked "Add Another Value" and typed "11/17/2005" then clicked "Next Prompt". Nothing. I clicked the calendars. Nothing.

5) I went back to the main page. The useless data on the main page was all there now.

Oh well. I'll try again next month. In the meantime, I'll continue to use the old reports.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wait till it's all in Japanese.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Michael,
    I believe you just need to clear your cache. I just posted the following to the sticky threads regarding the software upgrade that supports multi-browsers.

Some IE users may experience poorly formatted application appearance when accessing the upgraded version of SynergyAnalytics. This is caused by invalid browser cache associated with the previous version of SynergyAnalytics. Please follow the steps below to remove the invalid browser cache:

1 - Open Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu, and select Internet Options.
    2 - When the Internet Options window appears the active tab will be the General tab. Find the section labeled Temporary Internet Files and click on the Delete Files button.
    3 - After you click the Delete Files button a Delete Files confirmation prompt will appear. On the prompt select the check box for Delete all offline content and then click the OK button. (Note: There may be a slight delay while the files are removed)
    4 - Once the files are removed you will be returned to the Internet Options window. Click the OK button.
    5 - Close and reopen IE and log back into SynergyAnalytics.

If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll investigate. After clearing my cache, I found improved speed and performance.

Going forward, you can feel free to contact me directly when you experience technical issues. It might help if we investigate before posting to ABW that the system is broken.

Kelli

Ummm, this will be fixed with the upgrade, right? We really should not have to be taking steps outside of viewing our LS reports to get this stuff to work. I've never, every had to do that with any other network.

Frankly, given the nature of this issue, I thank Michael for posting this here.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    It's slow like hell. I'm going there to see if the merchants have paid and if my next check was cut. I do it because I've no other choice. Forget their Individual Item Report at SynergyAnalytics. It's a waste of time, outdated information, awful reporting, just a piece of crap like everything else at SynergyAnalytics.
    LinkShare, DO something for your affiliates. BRING BACK the old reports.

This is something we really need to push with the folks at Ratuken. They really need to know about SynergyAnalytics, including the history.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Clearing the Temporary Internet Files worked.

If I'm experiencing the problem, others are too. With a post here, others can see the problem and solution.

I agree with Ron. You shouldn't have to clear the Temporary Internet Files. Something could have been done on your end to prevent that. It's good to have this workaround until your tech guys can make it work right without clearing the Temporary Internet Files, but that's not a good permanent solution.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

And as always, how are affiliates supposed to know about this if they don't read it here at ABW?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Wait a minute, there is something else going on here. I was able to get into SA fairly quickly a few days ago and today it is as slow as ever. This is not about my cache, this is something else. My cache, and everyone elses, did not fill up that fast in a few days to cause this kind of slow down.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    Ron- And as always, how are affiliates supposed to know about this if they don't read it here at ABW?
    I really wonder who are the other affiliates working with LinkShare. What kind of problem are they experiencing? How do they know if ALL the merchants are reporting sales. Do they know some have not reported any transaction since Oct 22nd?
    I can't believe LinkShare affiliates are ALL parasites who don't need to work to get sales and are just waiting for their checks to come without checking their stats.

Excactly. It's not just what is broken with Synergy Analytics, it's what is broken at LinkShare overall. Hopefully people will list this kind of thing on my thread of problems to be sent to Ratuken.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Internet Explorer has well-known caching issues with some types of media. HTTP directives are ignored, standards not followed...all sorts of things they do to try to eek out some speed improvements. Often times the only thing that can be done is a forced-reload or clear the browser cache.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread