Adsense marketing question
    I have recently noticed that there are a few sites that are setup in such a way that as you enter the index page there is a nice layout and a sort of category list that when clicked upon displays adsense results on the page body. I have also noticed that even when searching google on a particular keyword, often it returns a result that when clicked on is merely the results of a page and body of adsense results for that keyword. My question is how is this accomplished? Is this some sort of redirect script? And How can pages that have no content get such high rankings on google?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wishmaster22
    I have recently noticed that there are a few sites that are setup in such a way that as you enter the index page there is a nice layout and a sort of category list that when clicked upon displays adsense results on the page body. I have also noticed that even when searching google on a particular keyword, often it returns a result that when clicked on is merely the results of a page and body of adsense results for that keyword. My question is how is this accomplished? Is this some sort of redirect script? And How can pages that have no content get such high rankings on google?
    Wishmaster,

I believe there is a particular type of ad script you can run through AdSense that displays "category" ads, not just individual ads. Sniff around the AdSense site to find this option. I haven't used it but it does seem like a good one.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I think what you are talking about are "AdLinks"...google serves up a list of contextual categories and the surfer can click on a category link to get a page of results. The publisher gets paid if the surfer clicks on one of those second-page ads.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I'm not sure if it is adlinks. but I will check it out further.
    Last edited by wishmaster22; November 17th, 2005 at 03:44 PM.

From your adsense code generator, pick "link units".
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

yup that is definitely ad links..

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread