The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    How come...
    Every time I see a car commercial and the car is moving is there always a disclaimer saying, "Professional driver, closed course, do not attempt." If they don't want us to drive the cars as shown, why tease us with a car we shouldn't be driving that way?

Affiliate Manager
    Because then ad agencies could not charge as much for their creative flashy ideas.

Though I can assume that your question was really a rhetorical one, the reason behind that is that so some idiot doesn't decide to drive his car 100 miles an hour around a curve, get maimed in an accident and then try to sue the company by saying "that's how they showed it being driven, I assumed that it was safe to drive that way" and win a gazillion dollars.

Purely a legal CYA.

Sheri

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Yes its rhetorical, but I was thinking the other way around. If you aren't supposed to drive it that way don't show it. Sort of like showing a diamond and getting a zerconium. Still pretty, but its not the same thing. If I buy a car because of what I see in a commercian, I want to use it like I see it in that commercial, if I can't its a gip.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread