How close are they to you?
    I was 10+ miles in the "clear" but have heard some surprised folks ...
    Worth checking on if ya have kids.

"This was sent to me today - I went to the site and was amazed. You do not have to put in your actual address, but just something nearby. A map will appear with the locations of registered sex offenders - hit one of the marks and it will pull up their photo, date of arrest, etc. Let me know if you have any questions / this is not a joke "

"Okay, here's the deal... go to this link and near the bottom left, it has a "Click Here" button... click on it and enter your address...it will show a "house", that's yours... all the little colored boxes are Sex Offenders... click on them and you get a name, address & picture of the person along with his crime... pretty amazing... it shows you where they live in proximity to your home and the local schools.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Wow! Right across the street. Thanks.

I notice they are fixing up the house, so I've been expecting to see a for sale sign.

Thankyouverymuch.

No kids here, fortunately.

(correction- the map shows it as across the street. The address is a couple of blocks away.)
    Last edited by missdonna; November 17th, 2005 at 05:39 PM. Reason: went and looked
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

ABW Ambassador
    Holy cow, seven blocks away.

My old neighborhood is packed.

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Too damn close!

Thanks for the link.

ABW Ambassador
    They're all over the damn place. They had a story on this in my local news, crazy. Anybody see that 20/20 show, where they worked with Perverted Juctice and posed as kids online and got them to come over to a camera filled house later to be aired on national TV?

Cool
    I've met John Walsh. He grew up north of me and may still maintain a summer residence nearby.

nice to see this site; hope they are able to show all offenders in the future.

Oh Gosh! I can't imagine how these situations would sit .... here I have done mapped out this fella from AR hiding at 12.19 miles from my homestead, logged his lats/longs, set him up on the GPS and am contemplating the welcoming? party!
    Within "blocks"? Ouch! At least you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I've met John Walsh. He grew up north of me and may still maintain a summer residence nearby.

nice to see this site; hope they are able to show all offenders in the future.
    How cool is that? A definite service to the community, though one I personally wish was not needed.

Perverts Peverts everywhere.
    I just noticed there seem to be more child molesters in suburban areas than city areas.

I live in NYC and I see a few reds a lot of greens and blues

but I did Long Island and I see a hell of a lot more reds

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Closest one to me is way on the other side of the lake from me. But, there's a convicted child molester (w/person under 13) only a short walk from the grade school I went to!
    Another reason to be glad I'm above school age...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Closest to me is about 3/4-mile away. None others for miles. I'm in the city, so 3/4-mile is quite a distance.

Nice info to have!
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

I live in an apartment building. One lives one floor down from me. I don't know who he is, but I know the lady who owns the apartment. Scary, very scary. Time to recoach the kids on how they should never talk to strangers and so on....

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWebDiva
    I live in an apartment building. One lives one floor down from me. I don't know who he is, but I know the lady who owns the apartment. Scary, very scary. Time to recoach the kids on how they should never talk to strangers and so on....
    Oh man oh man ... this would freak me out. Does the woman who owns the apt know who her tenent is?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

we should have one of those for England,
    these people turn my stomach sick..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    We've been fighting for something like this in Canada for decades. I wish we had an open dbase like this one.

I don't know if you are all aware of the terrible atrocities surrounding the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka case in Canada if you aren't, well, maybe that's a good thing. Anyway, to make a long story short, Karla homolka ended up being released from prison (a Montreal one) and relocated in my city. I didn't find out about it until after someone leaked it to the press. She preys on young girls (my daughter is 15) and has not even tried to rehabilitate).

Needless to say, even today, I'm still on the edge of my seat.

'nuff said...
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Only about 5 showed up on the map it produced for me, but considering that is all rural area, it was more than I expected.

What I was really concerned about was its accuracy and how well it's updated since back in the '90s the former owner of in our current house was convicted of child molesting. I wanted to make sure our house did not show up and I'm glad to see it didn't.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Oh man oh man ... this would freak me out. Does the woman who owns the apt know who her tenent is?
    I'm pretty sure the man in question is a relative of the owner (son, grandson, nephew maybe) since the women lives in the apartment.

WOW! A real eye opener. Our local Police Department also has all this info online, but it's been a while since I checked. I'm surprised to see a few people who live in really expensive, really "nice" parts of town. One lady even lives next to a Country Club!

Just goes to show you never know about people, and that financial status, income, etc. means nothing.

Sick, sick, sick. ESPECIALLY the ones who mess around with children. No excuse and NO DEFENSE at all for that!!

Andy

Nearest one 5 blocks away. But after that, it becomes pretty populated.

Agreed Andy. No excuse for people who commit their crime against defenseless children. In my mind, the punishement can be not be too severe.

Thanks for the info!!
    [FONT=Georgia]Adam Cieloha
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]vTarget Affiliate Network[/COLOR]
    Earn Great Commissions - [URL=http://www.vtarget.com]Join Today![/URL]
    913-660-1311[/FONT][/SIZE]

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Thanks for the link. NJ has a database that I check every couple of months. As a childhood victim myself, I will ALWAYS be vigilant with this. Anyone like this comes near my son, I won't be responsible for my actions. What scares me about the ones in my area is almost every single one is less than a mile from a school or group of schools. Far too close for my comfort level.....
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

The crime scene info just got potentially more interesting for me ....
    My office is separate from the home but in the "yard".
    Here I was concerned about an offender 12.19 miles from the house ... and the wife calls me around 5:30 pm to let me know that the "water testers" would be here around 8.
    WHAT? "Water testers" ... here ... 8pm ... Friday night????
    "Yes, they said that you had called and requested it."
    I don't think so!
    A legitimate water testing business coming out at 8 pm on a Friday night? I can't imagine it!
    Shaping up to be an interesting evening ... Sherrifs department doesn't answer ( did not call 911), one of my employees father is a Capt in charge of statewide officer training as well as local detectives ... he ain't heard of no such activity. I certainly didn't request it.
    Calls to the number they called from returns a busy signal or just rings???? Out of state number to top it off.
    The wife says they asked her all kinds of questions "Do you own your own home?" and such??? She answered under the pretense that I had asked for this....
    I'm thinking I know the answer .... there is "lead" in the water here ( or maybe just in the testing/ers)!
    Anyone ever hear of such as this?
    Still a busy signal ... arrrggghhhh.

otay, finally get the info from the locals ... offline phishing scam ( name + address + SS# = credit cards). Thank goodness she didn't divulge that + nobody ever shows up and I can sleep content with the 9mm under the pillow ... the Ruger .44 mag Super Blackhawk on the other side + the Colt .45 shoulder would have just been overkill and uncomfortable

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread