Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Payment Update on CJ.
    Commission Junction strives to issue payments to publishers on or around the 20th. Publisher payments for this month’s pay cycle are being issued on Monday, November 21, Tuesday, November 22 and Wednesday, November 23.

If they are striving so hard to pay us on time, why can't they?

You beat me to it.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Maybe because the 20th is on a weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    Maybe because the 20th is on a weekend?
    a valid excuse HG except prior history with CJ has always been payments (at least mine) were done before the weekend so things still came on time.

Well, prior to a few months ago anyway.

A smidge annoying and it will be cutting it close to actually being a real inconvenience, but as long as they actually do process on those days and everything else goes as normal it's not that big a deal to me. (note the "to me" ... others may not be as patient) Judging by the fact this thread went for quite a while, there might be a few not so glad to hear this.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

ABW Ambassador
    As far as payment, as long as I get a check a month from them, I'm happy. A day here or there, not a biggie.

Ditto...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    As far as payment, as long as I get a check a month from them, I'm happy. A day here or there, not a biggie.
    Now, I really would like all the sales that I feel are missing over the past 4 days. Not much patience on that matter...

Small consolation as I am still waiting for my October payment.

I remember last year getting my payements on the 18th and 19th, anyone else remember that?

Because of this change in payment dates I cannot go out and buy my XBOX 360 when it comes out. Not cool CJ, not cool at all....

Monday, November 21, Tuesday, November 22 and Wednesday, November 23.
    If the Vegas sharks offered 6-to-1 odds on anybody getting paid on the 21st, and 3-to-1 for the 22nd, they wouldn't get two suckers to make a bet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reversals of the duplicate transactions slowed them down this month.

If you can't handle payments that are a few days later than normal once in a while, maybe you should get a J-O-B instead of running a business.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Considering the payment history over the last few months, those of us who count on CJ as a primary source of income should consider budgeting carefully this month, as money from November payments may also have to be stretched to cover Christmas needs.

If you can't handle payments that are a few days later than normal once in a while, maybe you should get a J-O-B instead of running a business.
    If CJ could handle paying on time "once in a while".....they are now in the habit of making payments late. Check your records and see.

I suppose if somebody has a CUSTOMER who pays late all the time, they should shut their business down and get a "J-O-B" too....

Small consolation as I am still waiting for my October payment
    Same here. And they tell me the "check must be lost". I find it very curious that more than one person's check is lost.

I'll be very curious to see if my November payment is lost too. Of course, the only thing I can do is to either sue them (not feasible for a little under $1000), or call them every day and pester them, costing them more than $1000 in employee costs.

I can't say anything about the reversals, reporting or lost checks but:
    If you are complaining about the timeliness of CJ payments, you are spoiled!
    No one tops them in payment timeliness. Two or three days of lateness doesn't even be considered as delay in my book. They're even giving warning beforehand.

I am not surprised. Everything was indicating that there would be a delay. I am going to go out on a limb and say I doubt the majority of payments will not go out until the 23rd and thus not arrive until the 25th (in the USA since it's a holiday). Quite possibly might not see anything in the bank until the 28th. Which would certainly put it way past a couple of days late.

Now it's possibly the CJ staff will take off on the 24th AND 25th, and thus even international payment may not get sent out until the 28th.

I am sure whatever the results payments will arrive in the bank later than they did last month.

"No one tops them in payment timelines."

That is a bold and incorrect statement.

"They're even giving warning beforehand."

They don't need to. Late payment has become a habit. It has also become habit for them to say "We are going to process payments on Day A", then on Day A, they change it to "Day B".

Of course, if somebody with a job was complaining about getting paid late by their employer, the same dolts who find fault in somebody for complaining about habitually late payments from CJ would probably tell the guy with the job problem to start his own business.

You can't wait 2 days for your payment ? lol ,,

For the past 2 months my payments were not sent until the 29 of the month annoying but I guess I'm not complaining just stating its been more than a 'few' days...
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commission Junction strives to issue payments to publishers on or around the 20th."

It's not the fact that payments are a day or two late that bothers me.

It's the complete and utter lack of honesty that bothers me.

CJ hasn't issued payments on the 20th in months whereas they used to often issue them on the 18th or 19th.

With that in mind, it's hard to believe they are "striving" very hard for on-time payments any more.....in all likelihood they are aware long beforehand each month that payments will be late.....but their pattern of dishonesty compels them to lie out of habit.

I mean how hard is it to change the line each month to simply state "all payments will be processed by the 24th"? That's a heck of a lot more honest than the line they are feeding us now.

The only thing that concerns me about this is that the CJ computing resources must be about maxed out when they do their monthly commission accounting for affiliates. And you know what that all means, don't you? Time for another major CJ upgrade. And we all know what happens when that occurs.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

.....but their pattern of dishonesty compels them to lie out of habit.
    Reminds me of the Bush Administration!

I think CJ has done a pretty good job with payments over the years. A day or two one way or the other probably isn't reason for most people to lose sleep, although I understand there may be circumstances where a day or two can be a problem for some. However, I do think there are issues at CJ that are causing delays in processing payments, and I feel that those delays could have been avoided by better testing, and not rolling out new things that haven't been given adequate time to prove themselves first.

The J-O-B crack was uncalled for. Some are more fortunate than others financially, and late payments can mean the difference between eating and not eating for some. It's best to remember that before insulting others.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    If CJ could handle paying on time "once in a while".....they are now in the habit of making payments late. Check your records and see.

I suppose if somebody has a CUSTOMER who pays late all the time, they should shut their business down and get a "J-O-B" too....

Well said.

I hope to get a payment this month, which should INCLUDE October payment...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    The J-O-B crack was uncalled for. Some are more fortunate than others financially, and late payments can mean the difference between eating and not eating for some. It's best to remember that before insulting others.
    I disagree. Part of running a business is being able to handle the inconsistent flow of money. If someone can't handle that, they would be much better served with a J-O-B where they get a fixed amount every Friday.

Fortune has very little to do with financial success.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

FWIW I could wait until the end of the year, and in fact I wish some places would pay in a yearly lump sum, so I don't have to rush to the bank to get my checks cashed within 90 days before they expire.

The thing with CJ is that everything goes wrong, again and again and again. Constant reporting "delays", tracking failures, system hangups, software bugs, late payment. How often have they issued a decree that a particular issue would be resolved on a particular day? How often has the event occured on the date promised?

"Part of running a business is being able to handle the inconsistent flow of money."

Another part of running a business is being able to deliver your services with some degree of reliability, and on a set schedule.

If you can find fault with somebody for being annoyed with CJ's ineptitude, then I have nothing more to say to you; My mummy taught me that it is not nice to tease people who were born with problems like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast