How easy is it to make money with Shareasale?
    I'm relatively new to Shareasale - been signed up for a few months but can't say I've made much money (grand total is around fifty bucks so far!). Admittedly I've put little effort into it though. Maybe it's just me that's living under a rock, but most of the merchants seem like smaller names without widely known brand names. Affiliate marketing is never easy of course, but I've been operating under the assumption that this would make it significantly harder to get a good return on my time pushing Shareasale merchants. Am I wrong?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Well, I guess, it depends on how many pages you make, how you rank in the SEs, what traffic you get from other sources and what merchants you use.

I am not doing what I did before because an indy merchant I no longer wish to be associated with distracted me for a few months. But, I have to say SAS has added a lot to my bottom line. In fact, when I concentrated on them, they were keeping my bills paid!

As soon as I finish replacing this merchant, I am going back to working on my SAS merchants, big time!

If SAS actually had the stuff I need for a very narrow niche market, I would never go anywhere else.

I think it is pretty easy considering all the tools they give you.

Of course, I change the code a lot once I get it from them so, I guess, from that perspective, it isn't as easy as just ploping up an unadjusted data feed.

What do you consider easy?

If you just plop a banner on a page, or make duplicates of everyone else's pages that is easy but won't earn you much.

I make unique code for every merchant and it does take a bit of time. That is why I refuse to redo merchants who change their feed, images, landing pages, networks willy nilly all the time.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Question How easy is it to make money with Shareasale?
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    I'm relatively new to Shareasale - been signed up for a few months but can't say I've made much money (grand total is around fifty bucks so far!). Admittedly I've put little effort into it though. Maybe it's just me that's living under a rock, but most of the merchants seem like smaller names without widely known brand names. Affiliate marketing is never easy of course, but I've been operating under the assumption that this would make it significantly harder to get a good return on my time pushing Shareasale merchants. Am I wrong?
    Listen La_Valette,

1) - I don't know you and you, don't know me, so why are you picking my brain and posting my thoughts?

2) - You're not the only one , ok?

3) - Size doesn't matter, at least that's what some hypocrite's say.

4) - I don't think so. -

Just pick a merchant and promote them, and cross your fingers that you picked a good one.

Shareasale has nothing to do with whether you or the merchant can or cannot sell.

Shareasale's tracking is more reliable than, and less vulnerable to pilferage by shysters, than a couple of the 'big' networks.

Yes, most of SAS merchants lack the strong brand recognition that in some case the main reason people buy products and services. But, if you can focus on the products and use 'any' recognition your merchants have, you can see better results, IMO.

I think it is nice to have some merchants who don't have highly oversaturated name brand items. We can all post Walmart banners, and maybe even make some money with them...but I can go to Walmart any day of the week. Show me something different...
    And the ease of use is worth it I think.

Everything takes work. The only place money falls from the sky with no real effort on the Internet is with AdSense.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Admittedly I've put little effort into it though
    NO PAIN, NO GAIN..
    sharesale has many good merchants , including me
    but if you put nil in, you get nil out ...
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

La_Valette,
    Good question.
    First things first:
    My goal is not to pay the bills. My goal is to make some extra spending money and supplement my income. I'm a student and would like to have some extra coffee cash.
    Since I joined about a month ago, I've been promoting only 1 SAS affiliate. So far I've made about $150, not much. I just wanted to test the waters. Now that I know, I plan on marketing my site a little more heavily and making dedicated sites for certain products. I think that if you are motivated and you spend the time to differentiate your website, there is a real potential to make money.
    Good luck!
    Keep us posted!
    cckid

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    NO PAIN, NO GAIN..
    but if you put nil in, you get nil out ...
    Yes, I had figured that part out. Small Effort = Small Returns. Got it. I'm trying to figure out whether Big Effort = Big Returns now (as far as SAS is concerned).
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Since besides all other things that I do, I also own a translation company, let me interpret here: "Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME! Sign up with ME!"

I hope nothing was lost in the translation...

Geno

I'm trying to figure out whether Big Effort = Big Returns now...
    Big Effort ALWAYS = Big Returns, La_Valette. ALWAYS! Be it SaS you go with or any other network, if you're doing your work diligently and consistently, Big Effort ALWAYS = Big Returns!

you see!!!
    russians do !... have a sense of humor ...LOL ,,LOL
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

I'll come back to Cyprus sooner than you know, Neil. I'm sure we'll have much more fun this time...

it would be great to see you again .
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

I think there needs to be some patience with SAS. More and more merchants are coming over to them or at least seem to be offering very competitive duplicate programs. We are starting off slow with SAS as a merchant, but are continuing to see steady increases month by month.
    [FONT=Georgia]Adam Cieloha
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]vTarget Affiliate Network[/COLOR]
    Earn Great Commissions - [URL=http://www.vtarget.com]Join Today![/URL]
    913-660-1311[/FONT][/SIZE]

Share a Sale is a good place to be. The merchants that they have say good things about them and some very big merchants are talking about / switching over to them. I think they are a great network.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Big Effort ALWAYS = Big Returns, La_Valette. ALWAYS!
    If only that were true - I'd be a rich man by now...

I made $74.07 on one sale for an SAS merchant today.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I made $74.07 on one sale for an SAS merchant today.
    good on ya San.
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

[B]It depends on the merchants,somegreat, others suck,they don't even reply to messages about sales never posted,some low on funds,some reject fee, whatever that means, some just don't show up at all, I know I had these sales,and as long as we have the magic number 50, it will remain that way.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

ABW Ambassador
    It's never easy, nothing in life ever really is unless it's a lucky accident (which sometimes does happen). You pick a niche (or niches), try several merchants, and when a few produce for you, you run with those.

Related, important questions: How easy is it to get search engine traffic? How easy is it to figure out which products will be movers? How easy is it to write targeted copy and do up pages that are likely convert? Once that's in place and the surfer clicks over, the ball is in the merchant's court from then on.

I'm trying to figure out whether Big Effort = Big Returns now (as far as SAS is concerned).
    effort * time * luck = returns
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

[B]WHAT??????????????/ world are you living in. Mars or Venus.We get plain BS all around, form the Washington bunch to so many iffy good merchants,and all the media blitz that at least took the dumb car commercials and medications off, someone has a tummy ache, oh! My dodctor told me this is best, then they try it, and butterlies,happy faces,people wlking in the water, Andy rooney has them all pegged on 60 minutes,oh! side effects (small fast copy) may include you will die from a heart condition,so check with your doctor first, like all my doctor has to do is answer all the calls,and if or she don't know, then they should be butchers, or mop floors.
    JJ
    Ps I don't have time for all this, i am still trying to make a buck.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread