Cholesterol
    How many of you had their cholesterol level measured? I've done my check for the first time in life just a couple of days ago... Wondering how popular it is among other people...

Geno

Internet Cowboy
    Had mine checked a few months back. They also checked everything else and all was good. Cholesterol was 190, slightly high but nothing to be alarmed about.
    Considering my eating habits are not very good, I was happy with those results. I have also quit smoking since then so it should be even better.
    If you have a family history of heart disease, it is very important to monitor your cholesterol.

ABW Ambassador
    I get mine checked whenever I have a physical, which according to my doctor isn't often enough.

For more cholesterol info, you can check my signature.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Strange enough just had hers checked today as part of a full check up and found she's at 240 and needs to get rolling and dragging that back down below 200... she weights in at something like a hefty 58 kg... any recommendations on web sites that can advise a good diet, the right foods and so on? Google turned up total junk so far....

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Ah I see a sig link Will take a look thanks !

mine is hi... over 280... I need to do a better job of draggin it down below 225...
    had to give up fried chicken and french fries... dropped 40 points with just that change...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Way to go! Cut on those hamburger buns, donuts and coke and it'll drop 40 points more!

Geno

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Mine's insanely high but I don't take those horrible "statins" to "help." Statin drugs are scary - they cause more problems than high bad cholesterol does. Also important to remember that cholesterol is not bad, it's the "bad" cholesterol that is dangerous.

Things that naturally help lower the big 'bad' C=

1) Omega 3 fish oil (capsules if you're not big on eatign fish or don't want extra mercury in your diet)

2) cinnamon (1 tsp a day can work wonders)

3) Vitimins E & Niacin

4) Stop eating trans fat laden junk foods. Most pre-packaged & fast food food is loaded with it.

5) Eat lots of fresh fruit & veggies (organic if possible)

6) Daily exercise (even walking half an hour a day will help)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Add to that list:

Tonic made with 2 teaspoons of "raw" apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons of honey in a full glass of water (8 ounces) taken two or three times a day. Distilled and pasturized vinegar is useless for this purpose.

Make that walking, brisk walking for 45 minutes a day at least three times a week. Non-aerobic walking will not do much for you.

Genetics play a major factor in cholesterol levels for any specific individual. Your body manufactures its own cholesterol from the fats you consume.

Fried chicken may affect your tri-glyceride levels more than your cholesterol levels. The actual cholesterol level is not as important as the LDL/HDL ratio.

Tri-glycerides can cause the plaque that builds up in the blood vessels.

Avoid as much transfat as possible.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    Add to that list:

Tonic made with 2 teaspoons of "raw" apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons of honey in a full glass of water (8 ounces) taken two or three times a day. Distilled and pasturized vinegar is useless for this purpose.

Make that walking, brisk walking for 45 minutes a day at least three times a week. Non-aerobic walking will not do much for you.

Genetics play a major factor in cholesterol levels for any specific individual. Your body manufactures its own cholesterol from the fats you consume.

Fried chicken may affect your tri-glyceride levels more than your cholesterol levels. The actual cholesterol level is not as important as the LDL/HDL ratio.

Tri-glycerides can cause the plaque that builds up in the blood vessels.

Avoid as much transfat as possible.

Gene
    TCS
    - Thanks for pointing out things I didn't know how to say properly, thecool! :-)

Apple cider vinegar rocks. It's great for a lot of health issues. Hadn't heard it was good for cholesterol but I believe it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

2) cinnamon (1 tsp a day can work wonders)
    Will it still lower mine if I eat lots of cinnamon donuts?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    Will it still lower mine if I eat lots of cinnamon donuts?
    I consider eating pastries loaded with cinnamon a compromise but I seriously doubt it's gonna help more than it will hurt. LOL

A good one is to sprinkle cinnamon on oatmeal, which is another good cholesterol lowering food (organic oatmeal if you can).
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I am fairly young. I get mine checked at least once a year with my physical. I don't concern myself with it to much due to my eating regimen.

I don't depend on boxes for nutrition.

I don't depend on bags for nutrition.

I eat plenty of fruits.

I eat plenty of vegetables.

I eat in my kitchen more than franchises.

Oh, I train at least 4 times a week.

If you do this Big Pharma, potentially, never has to know you exist.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread