Planning on moving overseas
    I'm planning on moving to Europe next year. I was wondering how overseas CJ publishers get paid by CJ. Is a check in the (air)mail the only way to go? And if it is, what do you guys do with a check made out in US dollars?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

setup your bank account now and change the service address to relatives home,or set up a mailbox. Have it direct deposited and transfer to your local account if your current account does not work in your new location.

As an american..? abroad you will still have a tax liability as far as i know.

I believe CJ pays in several different currencies.

I always assumed that with the Maltese Cross avatar and the name that you lived in... err.. Malta!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

That's where I'm going to... homesick, you know.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    well for affiliates living in EU where Euro currency applies then its EURO payments, for UK its GBPounds for the rest i think you can decide which currency you would like to be paid to.

I recommend going with direct deposit if CJ is your only concern. If direct deposit isn't available just have the checks go to a family member in the states who can deposit for you. This is what I did.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by KGP
    well for affiliates living in EU where Euro currency applies then its EURO payments, for UK its GBPounds for the rest i think you can decide which currency you would like to be paid to.
    Currencies aren't the biggie - issue is how to get the money to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I recommend going with direct deposit if CJ is your only concern. If direct deposit isn't available just have the checks go to a family member in the states who can deposit for you. This is what I did.

- Scott
    no family in the US unfortunately...

Before CJ did direct deposit to the UK, they used to send a US$ check across which I just paid into my UK bank accound. Processing fee is about $8 or so. I guess the same is true in Malta. HSBC might be your best best as they're a global bank.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

You're probably right. I'll check with them. Thanks.

There shouldn't be any problem with ANY bank converting a foreign currency cheque. That's what they're there for... well one of the reasons anyway.

The only thing you'll need to do is write CJ to tell them you need your country changed in your account. You can change your address yourself but not the country part of your address. They'll send the cheque wherever you like (I'm pretty sure of that anyway). I've always had CJ send my cheques by regular mail (and I've been doing this for a few years now) and I've haven't lost one yet.

I guess you could always keep a US bank account and get them to DD into that and withdraw it from an ATM in Malta. There are all kinds of ways to get around this. I've moved to different countries twice over the last year. It was no problem.

Good luck La Valette. Malta looks beautiful
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

thanks. waiting to hear back from them on the dd issue...

Affiliate Manager
    Congrats on the move. I was in Malta last year and loved it. I'll be going back next October, possibly staying for a month or two on Gozo. Wondreful place. Can't wait for my next meal at Bacchus in Mdina.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

I get my check in euro send to my adress. Then it's like the other guy says like 7 euro fee to collect the check.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread