15 years and counting
    Question about Corrected Transaction
    I've very few reversed transactions as I don't work anymore with these shoes merchants and I'm confused how CJ works now.
    I had a sale on Nov 3, the commission was $14.20. I remember it because the sale was from a site not producing anymore. Sure enough, I'm seeing ($14.20) in red today in my reports so I'm going back to the original transaction and there's no Sale Amount (USD) anymore, no Commission (USD), just the Corrected (USD) ($14.20).
    Who can tell me why CJ is erasing the information regarding that transaction in the Commission Detail report? I've the detail form with the original amount $142.00 USD and the reason for reversal (invalid Credit Card).

I don't understand their accounting.
    The Commission Detail report should read:
    Sale Amount (USD) $142.00 USD; Commission (USD), $14.20; Corrected (USD) ($14.20)
    and not:
    Sale Amount (USD) $0 USD; Commission (USD), $0; Corrected (USD) ($14.20)

It looks like I earned nothing and I'm giving them back $14.20

Who can tell me if it's normal?

Yes, that's normal. The "Sale Amount" and "Commission Amount" are the net amounts after the return/reversal. Assuming a total reversal, they'll both show $0. The Corrected column just shows how much of the original commission was reversed. It's not subtracted out again. It's just reported separately. Looking at the "Detail" link gives you the breakdown.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Thanks again, Michael. As long as I'm not "charged" for the transaction, I'm fine. I still don't like their new reports and especially that Corrected (USD) column in the middle of the Commission Detail Report.

ABW Ambassador
    Assuming a total reversal, they'll both show $0. The Corrected column just shows how much of the original commission was reversed.
    So, if it shows $0, it means a total reversal. Does this mean that the buyer did a chargeback or something like that ?
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread