Please post your domain registration link ..............
    I normally register 1-2 domains at a time. This time I have over 20 in mind that I want to register at once. Please spam me with your suggestions on how to do it (read: where to do it).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Geno

Use ABW's domain facilities. The link is in the top navigation bar.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I've considered that one already, Gordon. Have better offers. Looking forward to hear what others use... PM-ing would be fine.

Please spam me..............

Oh Geno!

Why are you so infatuated with ?

p1

Admin Note:
    =========

If you post any more stupidity [bad words] in the subject line of any post that will get notifications, and thusly undermines the board's ability to send post notifications or other emails, your forum will be immediately removed. No joking. This is stike two and there is no three!.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

DAMN~! I missed the floggin' headline . . .

I think the word Haiko objected to was "Spam".

The point is that e-mail filters latch on to certain words and trash the e-mail.

That is what Haiko wants to avoid.

The lesson is that we all need to be aware of this when we create the headlines to our posts.

Frankly, since I just read ABW online, it would never have occured to me that such a thing could happen. I don't usually remember that some people get e-mails when a thread is posted to.

So, I guess, we can't let our creativity run amock when we think up our headlines. Well, at least, we can't use words that might trigger a filter.

Also, we don't need the content to pick up some "trash the x-rated stuff" type filter, either.

It is perfectably understandable that Haiko would be annoyed. Who could blame him for that? It could result in all ABW mail being filtered, which would be very bad for the recipiant, indeed!

But, I hope he cuts us all some slack because it really isn't a thing a poster would normally think of unless they get the e-mails when threads are posted to, themselves.

I think, it is an easy mistake to make and no one would do it on purpose.

I think it would be good if Haiko made a thread where he explains the nature of the problem separate from this thread so no one misses it. It needs to be brought to people's attention because it isn't something a person would think of off the top of their head.

And, you know, Geno is just trying to be creative and exciting. He means no harm. He loves ABW. We all love Geno and he helps a lot of people make money.

I hope he never gets banned, maybe, put in the corner for a week if he is bad again. But, I don't think he will be.

And, Geno, PLEASE, be very careful! Haiko does not joke about these things~!
    Last edited by SSanf; November 20th, 2005 at 12:02 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thank you for clarifying it for me too, Sandra. I had no idea! To be 100% frank, I borrowed the idea from here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=11849

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I think it would be good if Haiko made a thread where he explains the nature of the problem separate from this thread so no one misses it. It needs to be brought to people's attention because it isn't something a person would think of off the top of their head.
    Good idea. A sticker like that would be of great help, and will save everyone a hundred of nerve cells.

Geno

No problem, Geno. Haiko did mention it to you before but I don't think you really got it about the e-mail filter thing, then.

I mean, he explained it but unless you get those e-mails, yourself, it may have been hard to follow what he was refering to.

Anyhow, I trust the air is cleared. I know you never would do anything to hurt ABW or an ABW member on purpose.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

No problem, Geno. Haiko did mention it to you before but I don't think you really got it about the e-mail filter thing, then.
    I didn't. Please PM me the link to that thread, Sandra.

Oh, heck, I don't even know what to search for, now. Besides, the moderators or Haiko went in and edited the thread to, hopefully, head off problems. I don't know where it might be. But, I remember it clearly had some stuff that could trigger filters. I think we were horsing around about the titles in or subjects of spam e-mails, just exactly the things a filter would look for.

You may not have even been the perp who made the offending posts. In fact, as memory serves me, I don't think you were. It may have been just that you instigated the topic or urged it on in some way.

We were just having fun. No one even thought of those e-mail filters.

If someone knows what I am refering to can you PM it to Geno?

Thanks
    Last edited by SSanf; November 20th, 2005 at 12:41 PM.

I remember the latest thread of mine on fighting e-mail at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=66232 but nothing like that was posted there. Yes, please do PM me (whoever knows where this was previously discussed).

Thanks in advance,

Geno

I found it.

I sent you a PM.

Haiko was mad at us all but you most for starting the thread.

You can see why he is thinking that you have been warned before and why he is mad enough to give you a ban warning, today, I am sure.

It is a fun topic and everyone has their story to tell. Heck, I added my two cents to the thread, too. But, it can cause ABW problems.

Let's just avoid this any more and get back to business, OK?
    Last edited by SSanf; November 20th, 2005 at 01:11 PM.

I found it.

I sent you a PM.

Haiko was mad at us all but you most for starting the thread.

You can see why he is thinking that you have been warned before and why he is mad enough to give you a ban warning, today, I am sure.

It is a fun topic and everyone has their story to tell. Heck, I added my two cents to the thread, too. But, it can cause ABW problems.
    Thanks for your PM, Sandra!

Got it now. I actually didn't even see that the thread was closed, as I unsubscribed myself from it before it did. Thought exactly what you mentioned - fun topic (just as fun as sharing funny dog pictures or discussing what you've made most money off of), why not start it?!

My apologies, Haiko. I was wondering what the "strike one" was. Glad Sandra clarified. We could've clarified it via PMs, I'm sure. Anyway... Sorry about that!

QUESTION back to you: I've searched ABW Forum by the word "spam" (in thread titles) just now, and found 256 threads with this word in the title. Am I the only one warned about this?

Let's just avoid this any more and get back to business, OK?
    Ok.

Geno

I suspect that other thread did cause some problems and so Haiko has jumped on this and wants to stop it all now.

You know rules don't get made until after a problem arises. A person, such as Haiko, just can't anticipate every possible thing that could go wrong and make a rule against it in advance.

No. I don't think you are being picked on. It is probably just that someone had a problem so that was when a rule became necessary when it wasn't before.

Of course, then, the normal reaction is, "Others did it before me. Why can't I?" and you feel you are singled out or picked on when that isn't the case. You were just the unlucky one who happened to be there when the poop hit the fan.

What probably made him mad is that he, no doubt, thought you saw the first notice which you didn't. I was pretty sure you hadn't.

I am sure it isn't personal just tough luck that the issue came up in one of your threads and you didn't see how it ended.

Some times life just isn't fair no matter how nice you try to be.

Anyhow, you have apologized and I am sure Haiko knows you didn't intentionally disregard his first request to be careful so no one gets their e-mail stopped.

So, all should be well, now.
    Last edited by SSanf; November 20th, 2005 at 05:15 PM.

You know rules don't get made until after a problem arises. A person, such as Haiko, just can't anticipate every possible thing that could go wrong and make a rule against it in advance.

No. I don't think you are being picked on. It is probably just that someone had a problem so that was when a rule became necessary when it wasn't before.
    I have no problem with that. It would've been simply STUPID of me to start another thread with the same word in the title when the other one was called Idiotic and CLOSED... Anyway. A rule should definitely result from these situations, and I don't mind me being the trigger for it (note: totally unwillingly). Just had Haiko's wrath fall upon me once (for a reason). Wouldn't want it to happen again (especially if for no reason).

Also, may I suggest that warnings like that get sent with delivery confirmation (either via ABW PM or e-mail)? At least then everyone's clear on everything... I've had a conversation over IM with Kellie the other day about a different issue, and the whole chat was again based on an assumption that I saw/read something that I didn't. I cannot see everything. I am definitely trying, but like the newbies here keeps repeating: "this place is huge", "this place is huge"... It is.

Geno

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy

I have no problem with that. It would've been simply STUPID of me to start another thread with the same word in the title when the other one was called Idiotic and CLOSED... Anyway. A rule should definitely result from these situations, and I don't mind me being the trigger for it (note: totally unwillingly). Just had Haiko's wrath fall upon me once (for a reason). Wouldn't want it to happen again (especially if for no reason).

Geno
    Poor Geno. Your heart is one of the most pure and caring here and then this ...

If it makes you feel better Geno, I think I could have started at least one thread with a subject line that is way controversial and might get the junk mail cops alerted, most notable last week when I posted a joke about pot (I posted the "real" word for it from the title of the joke.) - I would never had thought about it, but now, after reading this, I see the implications of what "could" happen and I've been forewarned ... at Geno's expense, which makes me sad, but yeah ... maybe a sticky about the implications of starting a thread that could get ABW in trouble would be a good thing. I've been here since July of this year, without having read the rules, posted somewhere in here I'm sure ... never thought about it. I'm sure others who aren't as familiar with the rules could unintentionally make these same mistakes.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Yeah, it is sad that Geno, of all people, had to take the heat on this. But, maybe some good will come of it.

Besides, I have seen his picture. He has nice, broad shoulders and can probably bear it for the rest of us screw ups!

There was a time when I read every single post at ABW. But, now, it isn't a doable thing.
    Last edited by SSanf; November 20th, 2005 at 06:04 PM.

Just got an (legit) email last night about domains for $2.95. I'm considering adding a few more before the end of the year now just because of this

Geno, PM me if you want to know who it is (and a link to them). Being a capitalist society, I wouldn't mind my cut on those domain names.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Just PM-ed you, Scott...

Geno

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread