Calendars.com Changed Category Names
    For anybody running the Calendars.com script, you should be aware that in the latest datafeed, Calendars.com have changed the names on all of the calendar categories. I discovered this when checking search engine links back to our site and finding that none of them worked. This was also following the run of make.pl to get the latest datafeed.
    I have managed to rename all of the categories back to their original names so that my Search Engine links are now working again.
    If I had known about this change in the category names, I wouldn't have updated the datafeed so I would recommend that others with listing on Google, MSN etc do not update the datafeed or if you have already done so, check your links.

Regards

Alan Kenyon

In the latest Calendars.com datafeed, they added "Calendars" to the end of all the category names, e.g.: "Lighthouse" is now "Lighthouse Calendars" in the datafeed.

A new version of DySE::Calendars will be released shortly that will remove the "Calendars" suffix from the category names so that the old URL's will still work.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Thanks for that David. For your info, there a some other differences as well as the addition of Calendars on the end. Other categories that are different are Craft(s), Animal(s), Cat(s), motocycle(s), tv-show(s), game-puzzle(s), car(s)-truck, flower-garden and dog-dog-breed.

Regards

Alan Kenyon

Before I update the datafeed to our Calendar Store, could you tell me if the latest version of DySE:Calendars will modify the category names back to the old category names prior to November as per my previous post below.
    I need to update the datafeed but I don't want to lose our SE links due to the new category names. That happened last time and it took me ages to change all of the category names back to what they were!!

Many Thanks

Alan Kenyon

Use DySE::Calendars v6.01.12 released today.
    http://www.c3scripts.com/bulletins/2006-01-12.html

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread