Angry CJ clicks not right!!
    I use one text link from a merchant to build all of my PPC direct link ads. For example: ad# 1234567. The only place I use this ad number is for PPC ads with only one search engine. Today, I noticed that the PPC Search engine charged me for 300 clicks to ad # 1234567. And there was no credits for fraud clicks etc. CJ, on the other hand, shows that there was 500 clicks to ad# 1234567. How can this happen? These are direct linking PPC ads, so therefore it can't be my site being spidered to death!

Could be what tonights so called upgrade is for!!!

Anyone?

Maybe its a batch merchant and their not uploading all the information

It sure doesn't make sense, even if the page your PPC ad was on got reloaded and the ad was clicked again, it should still show up in your ad account.

I think CJ has been having problems for a few months. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've pulled a lot of CJ ads, dropped a lot of CJ merchants, and my impressions are the same as before. This is without an increase in overall traffic to the site. Doesn't make sense.

Who knows why CJ is doing another upgrade, I thought they said they were waiting until AFTER THE HOLIDAYS for further upgrades. I have a page that needs to go online today or tomorrow, and I set aside time tonight to work on it. Now CJ will be down.

Thanks, CJ...once again, your actions prove you could care less about affiliates!

Andy

Not a batch merchant..
    Not a batch merchant.

Thanks

All thoughts are appreciated....

Angry Time To Dump Cj
    It's time to Dump CJ it's a real Turkey. Lost of their domains are banned. Reporting is dreadful. Lots of skimming going on.

I'm dumping them altogether.

they'll never match up 100%, has to due with SE's limiting one counted (and paid for) click per unique IP address per _____ timeframe (24 hours I believe), whereas CJ will count every click.

(click your own ad 10 times and you'll see you don't only get one counted click)

IMHO anyway

It could be that someone else pulled yourt link into something.

I accidentally built a huge database driven site with a product catalog, cleaned everything, got it uploaded. An ordeal. Then, the other day I checked the site and I noticed that CJ biffed the product catalog up and it has the wrong affiliate id in all the links. Doh!

I wouldn't be worried until your PPC clicks exceed what CJ is showing, then something is really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by janew

It's time to Dump CJ it's a real Turkey.
    Too late. Already did!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread