Nothing is that easy
    GoldenCan has provided an easy way out for affiliates having difficulty in setting up their own datafeed and a whole lot of other techic stuffs that we do not know or understand doing it. I appreciate it.

Initially I have the thought that just putting up the one line code will solve a lot of headache and time saving, leaving us to do more things, but am I right?

I set up on the 24th Sept five sublevel catagory stores from Overstock, mens activewear, mens urban, mens designer, mens apparel and mens contemporary stores, with each on a new page. I then started the adword campaign. I tested and check each store and everything looks fine.

But today, the 23rd of Nov, after seeing no sales for more than 2 months I click on the pages to see what's wrong and to my surprise, 3 pages were not showing anything at all. No products but only the links for mens designer, mens urban and mens activewear which when you click does not go anywhere.

I then check out the entire store of Overstock and you know what, the three sublevel catagories are no longer there.

So does it mean that we have to check all the store pages that we create so very often to ensure that if the merchants were to remove some of their catagories then we would know.

The question now is, using GoldenCan do we still have to go through our whole sites with hundred of pages to ensure that the merchants datafeed are still there? Is it not the work of GoldenCan to work out the datafeed? If merchants are changing or removing sublevel catagories, are they not suppose to inform us so that we can update or change the one line code from GoldenCan?

The more automation you have, the more you have to keep an eye on the automation. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

each merchant has the capability of screwing up their categories on the feeds. I love automation but still try to watch for the problems.

over time we'll have a better idea of who needs more watching.

If I was paying for visitors I'd be watching everything I could.

Though this happens with Goldencan, it's not really a Goldencan-specific issue.

Merchants have been shuffling their feeds around since the beginning of time. Sometimes out of necessity, sometimes out of ineptitude. Some merchant's feeds will be pretty consistent, some will change like the weather.

I know Asif did the catagory drill down links not to long ago.
    Thankds for that, btw. it rocks.
    Not sure if that would have messed with the feeds, but he did send out an email to all signed up with GC to notify of the changes.

Just thinking out loud.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by megatonloh
    GoldenCan has provided an easy way out for affiliates having difficulty in setting up their own datafeed and a whole lot of other techic stuffs that we do not know or understand doing it. I appreciate it.

Initially I have the thought that just putting up the one line code will solve a lot of headache and time saving, leaving us to do more things, but am I right?

I set up on the 24th Sept five sublevel catagory stores from Overstock, mens activewear, mens urban, mens designer, mens apparel and mens contemporary stores, with each on a new page. I then started the adword campaign. I tested and check each store and everything looks fine.

But today, the 23rd of Nov, after seeing no sales for more than 2 months I click on the pages to see what's wrong and to my surprise, 3 pages were not showing anything at all. No products but only the links for mens designer, mens urban and mens activewear which when you click does not go anywhere.

I then check out the entire store of Overstock and you know what, the three sublevel catagories are no longer there.

So does it mean that we have to check all the store pages that we create so very often to ensure that if the merchants were to remove some of their catagories then we would know.

The question now is, using GoldenCan do we still have to go through our whole sites with hundred of pages to ensure that the merchants datafeed are still there? Is it not the work of GoldenCan to work out the datafeed? If merchants are changing or removing sublevel catagories, are they not suppose to inform us so that we can update or change the one line code from GoldenCan?
    How about an option to receive an email notification when your parent store category is deleted?

If you create a sub category store and that sub category is removed by the merchant you will get a notification in the email about missing category.

Hi Asif,

How do I go about signing up for the email notification. I guess this is the solution for the time being better than not to know when the feeds are not in order.

Thanks

How about an option to receive an email notification when your parent store category is deleted?

If you create a sub category store and that sub category is removed by the merchant you will get a notification in the email about missing category.
    Perfect!

Do/would you have to sign-up or is it automatically sent to the sign-up email?
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursal
    Perfect!

Do/would you have to sign-up or is it automatically sent to the sign-up email?
    We are thinking to add this option. I am sure anyone who creates a store for sub category would like to know if his category is not there anymore and the page is empty.

By default this notification will be on. If someone does not like to get notified they will be able to opt out from it.

I would like to know what the thoughts of other members on it are.

Sounds good to me.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Yes, do it.

Talking
    this will be a good feature for those who want it.

Sounds great to me too . . .

Yes Please...I use the subcategories mostly.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Yes, please add the e-mail notification.
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'll go for a sub-catagory change notification e-mail. Make sure the merchnat's AM also gets a notice when GC impressions cease for a merchant's ecatalog sub-cat. Their GC creative should be the best performer in their arsenal so keep it accurate.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread