ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation ipower...what about them?
    I received an email from ipower sayins that they drop their domain price to nearly 3USD and affiliates still earn 10USD (got the same email from ipowerweb as well)

anyone had any experience with them?

and also... 10USD for a nearly 3USD domain??? where is the catch?

I contacted them yesterday to see if I could get all 200+ of my domains transferred over for that $2.95 deal and they said they would. I then checked with my representative at GoDaddy and he warned me that it was just an introductionary deal and next year it would be up to $8.50 again.

Now, that may well be, but if I do the math, that means I'd pay about $600-$700 to move all my domains to ipower for the year, but if I paid my regular price at GoDaddy and Dotster, it would be $1800-$1900. Heck, I could do that and move them all back to GoDaddy in a year when they make some special offer for transfers and I'd be ahead $1500 for the year. Hmmmmmm.

Yes, has anyone heard about ipowerweb and how their domain registration is. At GoDaddy I feel pretty secure about the security of my domains (heck, even I have trouble transfering them), but I know nothing about ipowerweb. Anyone had any experiece with them?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    not to mention that the 10 bucks its for unlimited of domains!!! so you get in turn the price of your next years domain costs back!!!!

thats why i am asking where is the catch...and/or if they are not fooling around

KGP,

What is the 10 bucks for?

FYI - I just tried to do a transfer and it failed. I clicked on the $2.95 special and was provide a page for new registrations or transfers, and when I tried the transfer the price came up as $8.95, not $2.95. I'm not sure if it gets reduced at a later point, but I'm not going to enter in all my information and credit card before I'm sure it is $2.95.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I bought a domain from them yesterday. As far as I know, the sale is only on new domains, that's what it said in my email anyway.
    I bought the domain for three years, paid $8.90 or somesuch.
    Checked cj later, it tracked and the commission shows for $10.
    Later I read that the $2.95 only applies to the first year.
    I have contacted them to see what's up with this and haven't heard back yet.
    With any other domain registrar, if I sign up for multiple years I ususally get the 1 year special rate but then the cart shows the regular price for any additional years. Not so with them.
    Also, like everyone else, their whole thing is to try and get you on their hosting plans, so the domains are just a loss leader.

The domain was setup in several hours although I can't make nameserver changes to it yet untill they unlock it. They come locked "for your security" You have to send an email to get that done, which I did yesterday but havent heard back yet.
    pretty basic interface, but even so it's better than 1and1 in terms of speed ~ gad their interface is slow/bad ~
    They use Tucows OpenSRS if that helps anyone.
    So far nothing really dissapointing but it's early yet
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

You paid $8.90 and got a $10 commission via CJ???

Yeah, I tried a new domain as an experiment and it will let you do three years at $2.95 a year. That is pretty darn good!

The interface does not sound too good though, from what you say. I tried a $4.95 registrar last year like that and it took a lot of my time to get everything set up. But, for a savings of $6.00 domain x 200 domains, it might be worth my time.

I did speak to one of their reps yesterday by email who at first said the $2.95 was not for transfers, then emailed me back to say, "I stand corrected, it is also for transfers". I'll have to email them back and find out how one does that as it is not obvious at their web site.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    could you please ask them as well if they allow the domain to be forwarded later on?

on the email they say that its for renewals and transfers....

Oddly enough I just got an email from Godaddy this morning that said:

We're thrilled to have you as a loyal Go Daddy(R) customer -- and we want to keep it that way! That's why we're giving you this exclusive offer:

ACT NOW AND SAVE OVER 20% ON .COM NAMES --
    ONLY $6.95/YR! (Reg. $8.95)
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    so register with ipower and then with the earnings....renew at godaddy....so simple

I built my first and largest website w/ Ipowerweb. It's been over a year and I'm happy with them.

I have sold through their affiliate program and been paid.

mel

regarding personal domains:
    I moved to directi and have been fine since...doamins are 6.99 cost with a $100 deposit and you can set up reselling if you wish.

pros - you can be your "Own Daddy"
    low cost reseller solution
    ICANN accredited

cons - located in India
    No private reg (currently)

I host all my sites through iPowerweb and have never had a problem. Also, every year when my hosting is up for renewal, they renew my domain names free of charge. They also have very little downtime. As far as their affiliate program goes, they have always paid the commissions without any hassle. I would definitely recommend them.

after chatting with them on live help about some domain services, I am not sure I will be getting anymore domains through them or transfering any over.
    Not impressed.
    Regarding domain privacy services, instead of saying they don't offer any, they tell me to just put false info and when I mention ICAANs policy regarding that, I get brushed off with a "I'll contact you via email" message.
    Then I ask another question which is responded to with "any more questions?"
    When I say just the one above, I get a thanks and this session was ended by your operator.
    Still haven't received an email regarding the live chat.
    Still haven't found where you can transfer domains.
    Still see conflicting reports on the domain special~ Their price list states 1yr @2.95, 2yrs@5.90, 3yrs@8.85 yet in the cart it says that price is good for year 1 only.l
    Still haven't heard back from my email on that either.

Sounds like they are a pretty good host, but as for their domain services ...
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Regarding domain privacy services, instead of saying they don't offer any, they tell me to just put false info and when I mention ICAANs policy regarding that, I get brushed off with a "I'll contact you via email" message.
    wtf

Okay, had two sales reported so far.

The first one was for $2.95 with $10 commission.
    The second one was for $5.90 (obviously - two domains in one order) with (still) $10 commission.

Not complaining (as long as they pay it), but this is just odd.

ABW Ambassador
    My Experience with Ipowerweb/Ipower is the worst experience in my entire 8 years of buying domain names. I'm going to drop them as a merchant later today when login. I'm going to post all the details in a new thread soon. MY INITIAL ADVICE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread