Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    199
    What to Expect When You're Expecting
    I have several locked transaction from the advertiser "What to Expect When You're Expecting" that date back to July. The transactions have been locked every month but they are never paid. Does anyone else have locked transactions from this advertiser (or others) that dont seem to ever be paid?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador Airstrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    665
    I was told yesterday.........
    Quote Originally Posted by emione
    I have several locked transaction from the advertiser "What to Expect When You're Expecting" that date back to July. The transactions have been locked every month but they are never paid. Does anyone else have locked transactions from this advertiser (or others) that dont seem to ever be paid?
    Thanks
    I was told yesterday, that this will occur when a merchant does not pay his/her bill to CJ. They have it locked, which means it is ready to be paid to you, but the dead beat merchant has not paid their bill.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    199
    Thanks Airstrip, I was thinking that might be what's going on.

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador Ron Bechdolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Affiliateville, USA
    Posts
    7,927
    I would bypass CJ and contact the company directly. I've not had any luck getting CJ to intervene in my behalf if this is indeed the circumstance Airstrip eludes to.

    If they are indeed not paying their bill to CJ, threaten them by saying you will contact the BBB and their local state offices. Trust me, it has a high chance of getting you a check in the mail directly from the merchant.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador meleemel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    530
    I just received an e-mail advertising their program Nice. Glad I passed.

  6. #6
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Hmmmmmmmmmm ... good info to know. Thanks for posting emione!
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by meleemel
    I just received an e-mail advertising their program Nice. Glad I passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Hmmmmmmmmmm ... good info to know. Thanks for posting emione!
    Yes, I would suggest if you're considering them you hold off for now. The first two months their program went live at CJ (May & June of 2005), I did fairly good with them and they paid both of those months on time. But that's were it stopped. I haven't received any payment for commissions from July to the present.

  8. #8
    ABW Ambassador Ron Bechdolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Affiliateville, USA
    Posts
    7,927
    I should make it clear that you should first call CJ directly and find out what is going on. They will tell you if this merchant is late or what the cause is. Then decide what to do.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador Ron Bechdolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Affiliateville, USA
    Posts
    7,927
    The big question here is.....

    WHY DOES CJ ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN???

    The folks at CJ know this is one of my pet peeves, allowing merchants so called credit and then we don't get paid all that money were were expecting. It just is not right!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    199
    I put in messages to both CJ and the company running the program, Waterfront Media. If I here anything from either one I'll let you all know.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    The big question here is.....

    WHY DOES CJ ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN???

    The folks at CJ know this is one of my pet peeves, allowing merchants so called credit and then we don't get paid all that money were were expecting. It just is not right!

    AMEN!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    199
    Just an update.

    After 9 days CJ finally responded to me saying that yes, the advertiser has not paid them.

    I've now sent 6 emails to the company that runs their program (Waterfront Media) and have still not gotten a response.

    Just for the hell of it, I've started sending them 1 email a day

  13. #13
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by emione
    Just an update.

    After 9 days CJ finally responded to me saying that yes, the advertiser has not paid them.

    I've now sent 6 emails to the company that runs their program (Waterfront Media) and have still not gotten a response.

    Just for the hell of it, I've started sending them 1 email a day
    Good to know ... makes me very happy I pulled them off my site. Thanks again!
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  14. #14
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    "Over the past several months we have experienced a payment issue with Commission Junction that has affected commission payments for the What to Expect When you're Expecting, and has prevented you from receiving payment per the standard monthly schedule. There have been no payments made to our publishers since the program went live at the end of April."

    8 months, damn. Wouldn't think it would take that long to fix a problem.

  15. #15
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Over the past several months we have experienced a payment issue with Commission Junction that has affected commission payments for the What to Expect When you're Expecting, and has prevented you from receiving payment per the standard monthly schedule. There have been no payments made to our publishers since the program went live at the end of April."

    8 months, damn. Wouldn't think it would take that long to fix a problem.
    Yep, got that one too. Interesting ... they have a lot of back peddling to do to regain trust (not you, Trust .... ya know).
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    199
    They won't ever regain my trust.

    Just as TrustNo1 mentioned; It does not take 8 months to fix even the worst of techincal problems.

  17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Another change in terms. Been expecting this one.
    By missdonna in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 23rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
  2. Expecting a payment...monday?
    By ZmOz in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2004, 05:24 PM
  3. READ THIS if you are expecting a direct deposit this month...
    By Brian - ShareASale in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 25th, 2003, 11:36 PM
  4. Interesting news: Couple expecting "internet baby"
    By jc101 in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 30th, 2003, 12:55 PM
  5. Expecting zero replies - go ahead... Make my day!
    By happypoon in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: January 4th, 2003, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •