ABW Ambassador
    Adsense ads are paying off right now.
    In the last two days adsense revenue has been ramping up.

Congrats Weisinator!! Hope it keeps up for you. Mine has been a bit below normal lately although yesterday I showed a big jump in revenue.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    My per-click fees are jumped up nicely. But, even the c*ntent sites could do with more people bothering to click!

I suppose it'd be against the TOS to take off everything on the pages except the AdSense LOL
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Best adsense month ever so far. Especially on the c*ntent sites. Google should give me a bonus for taking boatloads of MSN traffic and converting it into Google ad clicks. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Yes, it's been a good month for content sites for me. It's a side effect of some of the recent Google shifts I think, I'm getting a lot more traffic.

Alas, I don't earn nearly as much money per visitor for content as I do for sales. But right now, anything is helpful!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    I had a great day yesterday and today is looking to be a hoot.

My best day ever was last year's "black saturday". I would be happy just matching it.

It is an early Christmas thats for sure.
    Did Leader say content or am I seeing things
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    It is an early Christmas thats for sure.
    Did Leader say content or am I seeing things
    Leader would never say content. Leader said c*ntent

Of course, the trick is to turn the AdSense earnings into AdWords clicks for something more profitable. One day Google will figure out that people might like to pay AdWords DIRECTLY from AdSense earnings.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

That trick will be the content of my new ebook that will be out shortly for $99.99 just kidding of course but I do have that mastered. Think about it and it can be done.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Action Jackson - King of the World
    adsense has been horrble here lately. click throughs are less than 5%

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    adsense has been horrble here lately. click throughs are less than 5%
    5% CTR.....?! That's a *good* CTR in my book. I tend to get about 2% for a leaderboard ad at the top plus a smaller rectangular ad ad the bottom.

AdSense is a very different beast from affiliate marketing - you can basically monetise *any* page, but a specially constructed sales page should earn you more. Incidentally, I don't run AdSense on any page that I've used AdWords to attract the visitors for. Once they are there, they are MINE and I'm not going to let 'em click off on a low value link

Dynamo - The leaderboard is the worst ad size and place to use adsense as most people still think of the top of the page as a place for ads and they dont click it. We are so different in adsense theory it is funny how we both think. My thought process is to get people OFF my pages as fast as possible. If that is through adsense then thats great. I use adwords to drive traffic to my adsense pages and it works just fine. I would rather send people through to a low value click then to merchants that don't convert at all. My sites are different though as I have 0 sales targeted pages, I find no use for them. They are a waste of time imho of course.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Sorry it must not have put the . in. It should of said .5%

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, Adsense has jumped for me last couple of days, about 5x what i normally get. The main page that is making all the money is getting a 40% click thru. Could be due to people spending a little extra on their PPC campaigns during the holidays or something else.

".5%"

Jack, that's actually a 100% clickthrough rate, when you figure in the 99.5% "back button" clickthrough rate.

This is a good guide to placement:
    https://www.google.com/support/adsen...page=tips.html

On my main AdSense site I actually designed it to take a leaderboard at the top, underneath the site navigation. The beauty of the leaderboard is that it's almost the first thing that visitors see, and it displays typically four ads. I find that the larger ad numbers increase the possibility of a highly relevant ad.

Looking at my stats now, I'd say that *something* changed at the beginning of the month of November that increased overall CTR by about 80%, bringing me back to a CTR similar to one I'd seen in late June/early July.

I don't know if anybody else is seeing a traffic peak like that?

ABW Ambassador
    Yesterday was my best day ever with Adsense and i only use it on one site, not my main site. Today i logged in checking today's stats and thought i was looking at yesterdays but it was todays. So i don't know what happened but today so far i'm making 10x what i was usually making per click. Crazy good.

ABW Ambassador
    It's the first of the month today - people haven't run out of money yet
    (of course that doesn't explain yesterday's jump)

I finished November very strong. Got $30 more a day then normal.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread