Mr. GoldenCan
    GoldenCAN.com and Overstock.comŽ Offer Powerful Tool to Affiliate Marketers
    Just in time for the holiday shopping season, Overstock.com's entire inventory is available through GoldenCAN's Data Feed Integration program at no charge to affiliate marketers.

Cape Coral, FL (PRWEB via PR Web Direct) November 22, 2005 -- GoldenCAN.com, online marketing's best and brightest new program, is offering thousands of affiliate marketers the power and versatility of Overstock.com's data feeds with a simple click of a mouse. At no cost to affiliates, thousands of Overstock.comŽ products are now available for use on affiliate Web sites with the addition of only one line of JavaScript code, available at http://www.goldencan.com/merchants/display_25.aspx.

GoldenCAN creator Asif Malik was proud to unveil the latest news, stating, "Adding Overstock.com truly solidifies the GoldenCAN Data Feed Integration program's position as one of the most unique and necessary affiliate marketing tools on the Web. When the best retailer on the Web and the best Web marketing program come together, Christmas comes early for online marketers. I am confident this partnership has come at the perfect time, in anticipation of what will certainly be a busy and successful shopping season."

Since its inception in June of 2005, GoldenCAN.com has quickly become a leading provider of affiliate tools online, featuring its revolutionary Data Feed/Store Integration program. The addition of Overstock.com's vast inventory to the program makes GoldenCAN's Data Feed Integration the simplest and most comprehensive marketing program on the Internet.

“To date, I have yet to see an easier way to incorporate a merchant data feed into an affiliate site,” notes Jacob Hawkins, VP of Online Marketing at Overstock.com.

The GoldenCAN program owes its ease and utility to its unique technology, providing affiliate marketers with data feeds, coupons, recent price drops and product searches from hundreds of merchants in one simple line of code. In an unprecedented offering, GoldenCAN's Data Feed Integration program provides affiliate marketers with an easy-to-use and sure-to-succeed tool, regardless of their technical and programming knowledge.

"The beauty of the Data Feed Integration program is that it opens up affiliate opportunities to business people and entrepreneurs who would have previously been excluded from this type of advanced technology," Mr. Malik explains. "With one simple line of code, affiliate marketers with no previous programming experience can offer their customers a wealth of shopping options through GoldenCAN."

Affiliates with existing Overstock.com affiliate websites can also benefit from GoldenCAN's Search Integration and Coupon Integration programs. Enabling their users to search, shop, view recent price drops and find what they're looking for without leaving the affiliate site, GoldenCAN has created one of the most high-tech Web site tools available to affiliate marketers today.

About GoldenCAN
    GoldenCAN.com offers pioneering online marketing tools, enabling affiliate marketers and users to combine hundreds of thousands of categories, millions of products, thousands of coupons and recent price drop products, multiple merchant searching and price comparisons, all in one line of code. For more information on GoldenCAN's Internet marketing solutions, visit www.goldencan.com.

Overstock.com is a registered trademark of Overstock.com, Inc.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    All of it is totally accurate. Nothing but pluses for OS affiliates as it is a customer facing tool. Overstock should be the first to offer the 4th click free just for the extra conversion capabilities Asif brings to the plate. I firmly believe I should show a sales increase having many GC Overstock showcases on my site. Unfortunately in 3 month's of GC extra exposure my Overstock sales are 1/100th of the amount I booked for the last 4 years. Asif needs to light a fire under OS reporting of GC sales.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Lightbulb
    Yhe good news first: I see where Overstock now is offering Goldencan free of the 4th click penality. Bad News: All my Overstock GC displays are missing products -sub-categories and appears their feed is corrupted. OS and Asif need a quick pow-wow so we can crank up this customer facing tool for sending our focused shoppers through the OS cookie landmines of their less savory affiliates.

Now I also notice all GC merchant displays appear to be whacko and not showing the category/sub-catagory selections. Kick over that GC product engine Asif!

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Yhe good news first: I see where Overstock now is offering Goldencan free of the 4th click penality. Bad News: All my Overstock GC displays are missing products -sub-categories and appears their feed is corrupted. OS and Asif need a quick pow-wow so we can crank up this customer facing tool for sending our focused shoppers through the OS cookie landmines of their less savory affiliates.

Now I also notice all GC merchant displays appear to be whacko and not showing the category/sub-catagory selections. Kick over that GC product engine Asif!
    Mike,
    Missing Categories problem has been fixed. I am sorry about the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    All of it is totally accurate. Nothing but pluses for OS affiliates as it is a customer facing tool. Overstock should be the first to offer the 4th click free just for the extra conversion capabilities Asif brings to the plate. I firmly believe I should show a sales increase having many GC Overstock showcases on my site. Unfortunately in 3 month's of GC extra exposure my Overstock sales are 1/100th of the amount I booked for the last 4 years. Asif needs to light a fire under OS reporting of GC sales.
    I agree with Mike on this! Ever since implementing the GC code about 5 months ago, my Overstock sales went down the drain. I removed the showcase and replaced it with normal links and now I'm showing sales again. I wonder if this doesn't have something to do with LS's negative stance regarding LS merchants and GoldenCan? I don't blame Asif for this as he is doing a great job and I don't think the 4th click has anything to do with it either. It's just strange that the combination of GC and OS doesn't convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    I agree with Mike on this! Ever since implementing the GC code about 5 months ago, my Overstock sales went down the drain. I removed the showcase and replaced it with normal links and now I'm showing sales again. I wonder if this doesn't have something to do with LS's negative stance regarding LS merchants and GoldenCan? I don't blame Asif for this as he is doing a great job and I don't think the 4th click has anything to do with it either. It's just strange that the combination of GC and OS doesn't convert.
    Well the taking the lid off this mystery box should be easy. Asif, or Overstock, releasing the average conversion ratio of this consumer focusing click machine would clear up any confusion. Silence might mean there is some unresolved issues. I love the sub-category integrations onto existing pages giving OS more product click exposures.

Just a quick question.... is Overstock free from parasites now?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    No.

15 years and counting
    ebates.com/all_stores.go#O
    shop.upromise.com/merchantinfo.php?olmid=OVRSTK001
    schoolpop.com/cgi/allmerch.cgi?start=o
    mypoints.com/emp/u/brandCatalog.vm?brand=Overstock
    igive.com/html/body_merchantlisttour.cfm
    e2give.com/merchant.shtml?c=63

Thanks guys. I guess they will have to live without being on any of my sites then
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

15 years and counting
    I don't know of any parasite not getting venture capital & upfront money from Overstock affiliate program and Patrick Byrne is wondering why crooks are targeting his stock.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1634.html

Affiliates aren't the only ones with a bone to pick with Overstock. I can't believe they've become so bad so quickly. Truly a sad state of affairs for Overstock.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I've noticed that there arent' any dvds in the gc feed. Will that be added anytime soon?

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by tvcrazyman
    I've noticed that there arent' any dvds in the gc feed. Will that be added anytime soon?
    Good Catch for missing categories. Overstock DVD categories have been added into GoldenCAN.

Be nice if Asif posted the general GC conversion ratio for Overstock. I sure would like to know where in the LS creative link report where the GC links showup. No plausable reasons exist as to how OS showed only $15.28 in commissions from the Christmas traffic I sent them since Nov 1st. The only thing different this year was the mass exposure I gave to OS with the GoldenCan customer focusing application.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread