Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Omaha Steaks
    Hey, What's the story on Omaha Steaks? They still have a program on LS with a 7 day cookie. Here they only offer a zero day cookie. They are also listed as one of Upromise's merchants. LS they pay 7.5% commission. Here $7.50 commission per sale. What gives?

Gene
    TCS

Gene
    TCS

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    They have a harder time "disappearing" sales at SAS, so they have to pay less commish?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    thecool,

i'm not familiar with their programs on other networks though i do believe that they run several offers elsewhere. their target this year through ShareASale, as it was explained to me was a very specific landing page and creatives that were not given any return days or cookie durations, hence the 0 day cookie ... if you would like more details on their offer i would have to refer you to their marketing team, PM me your email address and I can get you their details...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Brian,

I am not as concerned with their 0 day cookie as I am their affiliation with Upromise. I have watched my revenues steadily decrease as merchants that I am affiliated with have allowed Upromise into their programs. As a result, I am replacing many of them with merchants that have not succumbed to the lies that Upromise has spread. If you allow a merchant into SAS that is affiliated with Upromise, your anti-parasite policy will be under attack. I had hopes Omaha Steaks was moving to SAS rather than just opening an additional network association. I am not sure how the 0 Day cookie situation will affect how Upromise steals commissions. Does it prevent or inhance?

Gene
    TCS

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Until OmahaSteaks opens up to featuring customer focusing tools like GoldenCan and a dynamic or static PSC they are just using affiliates for advertising ... not sales.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Upromise????????

thecool,

I am going to research this as well as the behaviour of Upromise on those links, etc... but I need more time - The Thanksgiving holiday weekend as well as black friday/cyber monday has our staff very busy and although I would love to get you an answer I don't have enough information as of yet.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Cool
    Brian,

Thanks, I will be watching for the results.

Gene
    TCS

Brian,

I see that Omaha Steaks is also affiliated with eBates according to eBates current list of merchants.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, SAS merchants have that SAS make-a-page feature available, which works great. It's search engine friendly and it can be completely customized per individual choice.

That's a different issue from parasitic involvement.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    If the merchant's cart takes the last of either the SAS or the LS cookie to determine the affiliate that gets the sale credit, UPromise and eBates are then effectively "in" SAS cuz they can steal from any SAS affiliate promoting that merchant.

This is why I get all "passionate" when dual platforms / networks are discussed.

Another network bites the dust . . . SAS now in bed with the maggotts . . . great~!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    they must have a 3rd indie program...

'cause i just got an email from (i already deleted it so i think it was) bleaumarketing

it said they think my personalized gift site was a perfect match for omaha steaks

and of course I responded with

"Which part of the steaks are personalized with a name?"

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    they must have a 3rd indie program...

'cause i just got an email from (i already deleted it so i think it was) bleaumarketing

it said they think my personalized gift site was a perfect match for omaha steaks

and of course I responded with

"Which part of the steaks are personalized with a name?"
    LOL - almost as bad as scum looking for link partners ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Such a shame that they can't get their affiliate marketing act together...

...because I actually enjoy their products. I "was" condsidering adding them to a couple of my newer sites. Now I think I'll hold off until the comments change to a favorable strain.

Ah-but this is one of the benefits of being a part of the SAS system - these forums are very informative.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Another network bites the dust . . . SAS now in bed with the maggotts . . . great~!
    ???????????????????????????? Here we go yet again.

B*tch Omaha Steaks. B*tch UPromise. But saying SAS is in bed with the maggots is both untrue and unfair.

In this type of situation, the ethical Network is also losing since the LS cookie would be the last one in and SAS would not recieve any payment either. They get paid on what SAS affiliates get paid on. Brian is gaining NOTHING financially from this situation, so exactly how is he in bed with the maggots?

Update on this...

Through various test I have not yet been able to recreate any problem where UPromise interferes... HOWEVER, I am not done testing and just wanted to post this update here so that you knew we were still looking at it.

As we find more I will post here...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    ???????????????????????????? Here we go yet again.

B*tch Omaha Steaks. B*tch UPromise. But saying SAS is in bed with the maggots is both untrue and unfair.

In this type of situation, the ethical Network is also losing since the LS cookie would be the last one in and SAS would not recieve any payment either. They get paid on what SAS affiliates get paid on. Brian is gaining NOTHING financially from this situation, so exactly how is he in bed with the maggots?
    To ALLOW any questionable merchant/affiliate to remain active is not what I consider ethical. As far as *****ing about it . . . YES . . . and I will never stop. If there are merchants and affiliates within ANY network that are deceptive, the network has always ALSO been to blame. That is my entitled opinion. If SAS is doing something about it, is that not what these threads are for, to bring it to light to have something done about it? I see a post that states the offending Omaha Steaks also works with Ebates. Is the question to let them remain within SAS while we are getting ripped off? I say suspend them until they are cleared.

How can a network be ethical by allowing the offending merchant to remain in the interim? I vote to suspend them from SAS FIRST . . . until then, the network also remains susceptible . . . and perceptible . . . as unethical.

Sling mud at SAS and you're showing contempt for those protecting us and those who are demonstrating ethical behavior - you're also showing ignorance about the situation in general. The issue I mentioned is when the cart has functionality to inspect and chose which network gets credit - there's not a thing in the world that SAS could do about this. It is not a function of their tracking software, but of the merchant's cart in that specific case.

When this special case happens, the SAS affiliate is harmed and so is SAS itself with poorer conversion statistics and the credit for it's affiliate sale being shifted to CJ / LS.

It is patently unfair to label SAS for this behavior that gives profit to CJ / LS and the parasites and hurts us right along with SAS.

Affiliates should be aware of the possibility (and I argue, likelihood) short comings of dual platforms, but to take it a step further and place blame on SAS is ridiculous.

Not to place blame on SAS or Brian, I agree that as long as a merchant is involved with any parasite there is no place for them in an ethical network like SAS. I just hope that Brian will do what is right. I had hopes that Omaha was moving to SAS and shed the parasites. I guess that is not what's happening.

Gene
    TCS

as long as a merchant is involved with any parasite there is no place for them in an ethical network like SAS.
    I strongly agree with you!

I just hope that Brian will do what is right.
    He always has. I have no reason to doubt he'd change courses now - he's WAY, WAY, WAY too far down the path of honesty and ethics - he's not looking for ways to cheat or to be cheated, in fact, just the opposite.

At Andy's seminar in Miami, Brian's presentation was about ethics. I also got a chance to talk to him face-to-face for hours and hours and hours there - it's in his nature to be honest, in my opinion.

We've got a long list of things to be concerned about in this industry, Brian's ethics are NOT on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Sling mud at SAS and you're showing contempt for those protecting us and those who are demonstrating ethical behavior - you're also showing ignorance about the situation in general. The issue I mentioned is when the cart has functionality to inspect and chose which network gets credit - there's not a thing in the world that SAS could do about this. It is not a function of their tracking software, but of the merchant's cart in that specific case.

When this special case happens, the SAS affiliate is harmed and so is SAS itself with poorer conversion statistics and the credit for it's affiliate sale being shifted to CJ / LS.

It is patently unfair to label SAS for this behavior that gives profit to CJ / LS and the parasites and hurts us right along with SAS.

Affiliates should be aware of the possibility (and I argue, likelihood) short comings of dual platforms, but to take it a step further and place blame on SAS is ridiculous.
    I didn't come in here doing any labeling. The fact is what it is. If a merchant is dirty and the merchant is allowed to remainn, regardless of who else is in the network, the shb!t rolls downhill, and lands where it landed.

I'm not saying that Brian, nor anyone else in the SAS network, is unethical, but which is more ethical . . . to LEAVE the bastards in there or remove them while under contest?

Maybe my post leans towards what you are accusing me of. Maybe I spoke too soon, but, as far as I'm concerned, I'm getting sick and tired of people who side on those that are OFFSIDE of an affiliate's side.

I spoke up and stated my opinion. When I see ANOTHER in control HESITATING, I put in my vote to NOT HESITATE.

Brian, don't sit on the fence, okay?

Oh, and by the way, I also think it's a shame that I can't promote, NOR eat, what I think are the BEST STEAKS on the planet because of their tactics. I don't promote a scumbag in any manner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast