Todd?? I have a question please..
    Hi..

I use a lot of direct PPC ads and I have had some issues with fraudulant clicks and need to find out the origins of these clicks. I have requested tracking information from CJ and they just keep putting me off with canned responses. Is there anything that you can do to help? The clicks register with CJ and all that stuff, but since they are direct link ads, there is no tracking from my site.

Thanks in advance..

Anyone can jump in here, just hoping Todd will pick up on this for me...

You might want to redirect through your own site first, so you'll at least have some tracking.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Also, make sure to work with merchants that didn't recently ban what you're doing...

MichaelColey....
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    You might want to redirect through your own site first, so you'll at least have some tracking.
    I am still a newbie when it comes to writing some redirects. Can a URL be written to redirect through my site but still land on a particular merchants page, via a single click? And yes, the merchant I am using direct links to permits this type of PPC ads..

Thanks

Airstrip,

You have nothing to worry about. It is only normal for CJ to show more than what is showing in your PPC clicks. There could be any number of reasons for clicks to be regestering with CJ: examples - People clicking the back button and then forward again, return visitors, people going to different pages within the site, etc. This is not "click fraud". If the situation were reversed and you were showing 500 PPC clicks and only 300 on CJ, then you would have a problem and need to talk to both your PPC companies and CJ because either CJ wasnt tracking your clicks or you were being charged for PPC clicks you didn't generate. Until then I strongly suggest you don't worry about it all that much.

Airstrip,

I'm sure it could be done, but I believe g would stop you from doing a redirect through the ppc.

Is there anyone at G that can help finger the fraud?...it is in their network right? Try switching to search network only for a bit and see if you still have the traffic you want (provided your delivering to content too)

Thanks Josh.... But
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Airstrip,

You have nothing to worry about. It is only normal for CJ to show more than what is showing in your PPC clicks. There could be any number of reasons for clicks to be regestering with CJ: examples - People clicking the back button and then forward again, return visitors, people going to different pages within the site, etc. This is not "click fraud". If the situation were reversed and you were showing 500 PPC clicks and only 300 on CJ, then you would have a problem and need to talk to both your PPC companies and CJ because either CJ wasnt tracking your clicks or you were being charged for PPC clicks you didn't generate. Until then I strongly suggest you don't worry about it all that much.
    The case that I am having investigated right now is in fact excessive clicking on a single keyword with a PPC search.. For example: I average 5 clicks per day on the keyword= "monkey grinder". Yesterday I was charged for 300 clicks on the keyword= "monkey grinder". And those same 300 clicks registered through CJ. This is where I need to find out the origin of these clicks.

Thanks

Also Josh...
    I apologize for being unclear. I actually did have 2 concerns today. I do understand now, about how cj could end up with more clicks than the ppc company. The other problem is mentioned above..

Thanks

Maybe I am dense... but
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    Airstrip,

I'm sure it could be done, but I believe g would stop you from doing a redirect through the ppc.

Is there anyone at G that can help finger the fraud?...it is in their network right? Try switching to search network only for a bit and see if you still have the traffic you want (provided your delivering to content too)
    You lost me!! G? what or who is G? And I am using a PPC search network.

Am I confused or what?? Sorry!

Airstrip,

forgive me I should have used Adwords instead of g. I made a huge assumption you were speaking of adwords in part or whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    I average 5 clicks per day on the keyword= "monkey grinder". Yesterday I was charged for 300 clicks on the keyword= "monkey grinder". And those same 300 clicks registered through CJ. This is where I need to find out the origin of these clicks.

Thanks
    Did the CTR (click through rate) yesterday skyrocket when it went to 300?

Internet Cowboy
    Airstrip,
    If you are using Goclick or any other third rate PPCSE, you have a better chance of making ROI if you use that money to buy lottery tickets.
    I see you here posting a lot about hundreds of clicks with no sales. That is because these cheap third rate PPCSE's that you might be using for your campaigns are not delivering real traffic. They deliver traffic from people who are paid to click on your ads or from automated bots that exist only to drain your ppc account of funds.

If you want to see real results, build yourself a nice web site that includes some pre-sell information and/or some other type of value add for your customer. The approach of using these cheap click brokers will only cause you frustration and cost you money.

Delivering a customer to your web site and then redirecting them to the merchant without them clicking is cookie stuffing pure and simple.

Point well taken Uncle Scooter...
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Airstrip,
    If you are using Goclick or any other third rate PPCSE, you have a better chance of making ROI if you use that money to buy lottery tickets.
    I see you here posting a lot about hundreds of clicks with no sales. That is because these cheap third rate PPCSE's that you might be using for your campaigns are not delivering real traffic. They deliver traffic from people who are paid to click on your ads or from automated bots that exist only to drain your ppc account of funds.

If you want to see real results, build yourself a nice web site that includes some pre-sell information and/or some other type of value add for your customer. The approach of using these cheap click brokers will only cause you frustration and cost you money.

Delivering a customer to your web site and then redirecting them to the merchant without them clicking is cookie stuffing pure and simple.
    I will not do any cookie stuffing. Period! I never thought of it as such, but you are right. My only intensions was to have a means of tracking clicks and to be able to land the customer on a product page.

Thanks

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread