40 People In the CJ board.
    That's always a bad sign.
    For the record the last 3 days have been terrible. The worst days I have seen in this year. Isn't this the time of year when sales pickup, not Tank!
    Is it just me or is CJ stealing Christmas?
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

Affiliate Manager
    I can't even login from the affiliate or merchant side of things right now... keep getting page cannot be displayed errors... anyone else?

Cant log in here either, and sales are horrible today. Things were actually starting to pick up for me though, yesterday was a pretty good day.

I got in I just did not like what I saw very much.
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

I'm in .... did they just change the look of the interface?
    Things look askew ... maybe it's not loading properly, but it looks different.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

People always complain about slow sales and most of this is normal statistical variation.

In this case, mine are pretty low.

I am thinking that either CJ is messed up...

OR, people are not buying much and waiting to go to Brick and Mortar stores (or even online stores) waiting for sales and discounts that begin on Black Friday.

I tend to believe the latter explanation in lieu of convincing evidence otherwise.

A lot are hoping for somebody from CJ to say if DD's have been sent yet. They've been withdrawn, but no indication of having been sent yet.

Active Users in Commission Junction Affiliate forum: 136 (48 members & 88 guests)
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    Active Users in Commission Junction Affiliate forum: 136 (48 members & 88 guests)
    did we all come in black?

I expect sales to tank on every major holiday. That's been my experience for a few years. (sometimes whole years, too)

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    There's an inverse relationship between Todd's presence at ABW and CJ's functionality.

IOW, Todd doesn't show up when things are really in the shitter.

Chocolate Chicken,

FYI DD rec'd in my corner of the world, this afternoon.

Actually I've found quite the opposite to be true.

Sales activity seems to be nil whenever he's "in the office" on the weekends.

ABW Ambassador
    >88 guests

GUEST DON'T COUNT

They need to post or get the F out.

Happy Thankgiving...Peace & LUV

www.automgifts.com
    affmgr@autom.net

they are down for about an hour this evening doing maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    >88 guests

GUEST DON'T COUNT

They need to post or get the F out.

Happy Thankgiving...Peace & LUV

www.automgifts.com
    affmgr@autom.net
    While I can understand exactly why you made that post, I have to disagree with that.

All GUESTS DO COUNT!

You and I may hate the fact that sometimes when we go to any forum, and see that there are 100 people there, but only 10 are regular members and the other 90 are just guests, we may not be too happy, but that's the way it works.

Before I continue, I just want to make sure that A Guest and A Lurker are the same thing aroung here, ok?

So, while I can somehow agree with you that "They need to post or get the F out."

I can't really agree with you 100% on that statement!

There are over 20,000 people registered on ABW, and less than 200 are active and posting around here at least once in a while, and there are also those that never post anything here, but are the best of the crop business wise.

You're an Affiliate Manager, but disregard that for now and just think about this for one day.

I'm not going to ask you to try to image that you're Haiko and that you own the ABW site, but I will ask you this:

If ABW had just only 20,000 active members posting everyday and 1 million guests that never post a single post on ABW, would you still be mad about those guests?

Btw Merchant Consultant Team, my name is Sal, what is your name?

You're an Affiliate Manager, so I think that your Affiliates and any future Affiliates, would like to know your name, even if it's just an alias on ABW, Merchant Consultant Team is too long to remember.

Sal.

Chill, dude. Mike isn't hiding anything from anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Chill, dude. Mike isn't hiding anything from anybody.
    Hey Chicken,

Im not bashing Mike, ok?

I just say that I rather have 1 million guest on my site than a few tousand members that may not make me any money.

But now that you mention it, why Mike don't use Mike in his posts?
    Are the newbies to ABW suppose to know that the name of the Merchant Consultant Team Affiliate Manager is Mike?

Chicken,

I think that this time, I am right, so I won't count my Chickens before my eggs.

Btw, my name is Sal.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Sal, you picked the wrong person to ask insinuating questions about.

First, you can view his public profile and clearly see his name is Mike Mackin - this is not hidden - it's out there for everyone to plainly see and you should have checked there first.

Second, like many AM's, he uses his ABW handle to convey a message... like Liz from Rugman (aka "RugmanAM") etc.

Third, people who have worked with Mike know his class, integrity and proven ability to make affiliates a lot of money.

Fourth, I agree with Mike on non-posters - if people come here to benefit by gaining knowledge, what do they give back in return? Open access like Haiko has granted lurkers is fine (I lurked myself at first), it allows a warming up period where people can see what ABW is all about. If those folks find it's a good place to learn and share and network and more, they need to eventually participate. People who lurk forever are (I'm not referring to those lurking here to get to know the place), in my mind, either takers or posers - and neither contributes to ABW's richness. Like Mike, I believe everyone has something important and significant to add here and if they choose not to, then F them.

Sal, you owe Mike an apology. I suggest you PM him.

Sal,

Remember that active members can sometimes be shown as guests. I don't always login when I'm at ABW. Sometimes I just pop in to see what's going on, and if I don't have time to post, or there's nothing to add, I leave. During this time I show up as a guest.

So remember that some of those lurkers out there may also be active members who just aren't signed in at that moment.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Sal: [no problem]

My post was intended to bring some lurkers out to post.

You would think that at least ONE would have had the b@lls to biatch slap me.

It obviously was a bad idea...

Signed,
    Mike Mackin

Sal, you picked the wrong person to ask insinuating questions about.
    Sal, you owe Mike an apology. I suggest you PM him.
    Donuts, I was not picking on Mike, but if you and Andy think that I was wrong about what I said above, then maybe I was wrong, but that was not my intention.

So if you guys think that I should apologize to Mike, ok, I will apologize to Mike here in the open.

Mike, I apologize to you for my reply to your "GUEST DON'T COUNT" post above, but I was just trying to bring some lurkers out to post too.

I guess that my way of posting was not that good, but I think that I can at least blame my bad english for that post.

I'm Sorry guys, I won't defend the lurkes no more, if they don't post, they will not count anymore.

Sal.

Sal,

I wasn't saying you were wrong, but I've thought the same thing before. I arrive at ABW and see that there are a ton of guests, and I think to myself, "If every guest joined and posted regularly they'd overload the ABW server!"

Then I realize I'm not logged in, and I'm one of those "guests"! I wonder how many other regulars do the same thing.

Andy

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    And I was suggesting you made a bad mistake in accusing Mike Mackin of hiding his identity. But as usual, you go ahead and twist things as you see fit for your logic, if that makes you feel better.

Guys,
    Please dont stop now. Im enjoying every moment.
    Israeli Guy

hey, we're out of !

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread