Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cj not recording sales
    anyone not getting credit for sales at cj?

Might be best not to discuss the details out in the open on a public forum.

I dont know how else to discuss it, they promise to get back to me but never do. I'm sure I am not the only one...

15 years and counting
    What are you talking about? Sales are tracked, reported and commissions are paid. We can see problems from time to time and we discuss these specific problems on this board. Nobody will answer you without details of what's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Might be best not to discuss the details out in the open on a public forum.
    Why not? If sales aren't being recorded, it darned well should be discussed in an open forum!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Can a merchant at cj just "turn off" the reporting for certain affiliates or affiliate sites?

15 years and counting
    lola - Can a merchant at cj just "turn off" the reporting for certain affiliates or affiliate sites?
    It can be done and has been done but I don't think a merchant will do it just for certain affiliates or affiliate sites. (The deactivation button is faster) I'm sure a merchant can exclude the traffic coming from some countries, therefore it can cause problems for some affiliates targeting these countries.
    Also, if the tracking pixel on the check out page is missing the sale will not track but it's true for all affiliates and CJ is checking it.

"it darned well should be discussed in an open forum!"

Umm, well, yeah.

But it's against TOS to speak of bringing matters to the public forum where matters such as this are settled.

Anyone getting sales or leads today? I have had nothing show up for hours now... Anyone seeing any delays above 2 hours??

15 years and counting
    I'm getting sales, it's just a slow day. Everybody is getting ready for tomorrow, travel, cooking... too late to buy your turkey online.

and tomorrow will be dead for sales for the most part. then everyone goes to the mall on friday.

Hello Zeus,
    I have made two purchases from seperate merchants at cj. I spoke to them & they have paid my comm at cj, but cj has not recorded them intpo my reports. I can see this happening on one sale, but not two. This is not the first time this has happened. A few months ago it happened & I just gave up on it as the emails from cj said I need to contact the merchant, wich was like pulling teeth. I called cj this time & it has been two weeks & never heard back.

Thanks for your time...

Quote Originally Posted by pkhorse
    Hello Zeus,
    I have made two purchases from seperate merchants at cj. I spoke to them & they have paid my comm at cj, but cj has not recorded them intpo my reports. I can see this happening on one sale, but not two. This is not the first time this has happened. A few months ago it happened & I just gave up on it as the emails from cj said I need to contact the merchant, wich was like pulling teeth. I called cj this time & it has been two weeks & never heard back.

Thanks for your time...
    There is no way that an advertiser can see (and pay for a txn) that you do not also see in your reporting (as a publishers).
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Unhappy
    Todd,
    Perhaps you would like to email me & I will show you the emails and transaction info. The merchants have been in touch with cj. All cj says is payment should be made on tuesday. Well, how do I get paid when it is NOT IN MY REPORTS! cj is not even paying attention to what we are talking about, the sales have been shown to them & it never gets looked into.
    Thanks for the reply

"it darned well should be discussed in an open forum!"

Umm, well, yeah.

But it's against TOS to speak of bringing matters to the public forum where matters such as this are settled.
    Who's TOS? CJs?

HA!

Gee, SAS doesn't need such cowardly "protection" in their TOS. Wonder why THEY feel they need it.

Of course, they want to shut everyone up! That's why they closed their own forum and ABW was started.

Don't let them get by with it!

That is EXACTLY why we use nicks and Haiko won't reveal our real info to anyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    There is no way that an advertiser can see (and pay for a txn) that you do not also see in your reporting (as a publishers).
    Who feels this really answers the question?

The answer is YES! Advertisers CAN turn off CJ tracking at will. But, when they do, they turn off everyone's tracking at the same time.

A cheat may turn it off for a few random hours here and there by messing with the shopping cart and hope not to get caught.

This kind of activity has been complained about on ABW more than once around this time of year, as I recall. You need to be diligent.
    Last edited by SSanf; November 24th, 2005 at 12:35 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Well maybe another publisher sees it

How come I get sales with somebody else's SID's?

Some might see this as a nice bonus, but I'd much rather have my own, thank you.

How come I get sales with somebody else's SID's?
    Have you considered the possibility that CJ just MIGHT be irrepairably screwed up and the can't ever fix it?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    CJ/BF/VC knows their are many senerios where their merchant advertisers can trigger the non-reporting switch. When CJ was young -hungry and totally committed to having a pro-affiliate network they had a strick policy of One Cookie set per sale... period. Then they had to cater to the POS attack dogs, incentive sites, PPCSE SEM marketers and multiple network merchants.

Now the approved and actual practice for the CJ reps is to cater to their Supers needs. They know the couponers, who seldom initiate the buying process, rely upon targeted traffic coming from EcomCity to open a seperate Google coupon yellow pages window to overwrite my cookie. Either the spammy SERP coupon playa or PPCSE (often placed by CJ's SEM team) gets their cookie in play. Then the Super BHO incentive pops on the second window's destination page to throw in their cookie. Meanwhile the merchant has alternate network cookie players and a house account cookie factoring into creating multiple cookies to multiple parsing script tags on the final checkout page.

Most carts choke and no cookie gets prime spot =no commission to anyone. Some carts show multiple cookies from multiple networks with a CJ SEM house cookie in the mix. The only thing I'm sure of is in no case will EcomCity ever get credit for motivating and being the original referring affiliate as I'm a worthless non-elite player in the grand scheme of things.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    It only gets stranger...
    This is my first post so please take it easy on me...

I just had to wade in on this because of recent weird events.

First of all, my regular sites are down to almost no sales - even with better than normal traffic this month.

After about four years of varrying success as an affiliate publisher (I run 4 sites), I recently (November 3rd or so) setup a new account at CJ for a new site. The new site is running all GoldenCan feed links but they are tracking exactly as they should. Even though I see plenty of impressions in the GC panel, CJ shows no impressions and only 8 clicks! The links for LS/BF and SAS all track fine - just nothing with CJ.

I have had a ticket in with CJ for 2 days and expect that I will not hear much - at this rate I might as well shut down and concentrate on winning a lottery (grin).

CanadianDave
    Last edited by CanadianDave; November 25th, 2005 at 04:12 PM. Reason: I forgot something...

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    CJ uses a tracking pixel for impressions, GC does not. You can load a CJ tracking pixel on your page if you want to track imps within CJ. This situation, no imps when using GC, is normal in my experience (if you haven't set up a tacking pixel on your page in addition to the GC code snippet).

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    CJ uses a tracking pixel for impressions, GC does not. You can load a CJ tracking pixel on your page if you want to track imps within CJ. This situation, no imps when using GC, is normal in my experience (if you haven't set up a tacking pixel on your page in addition to the GC code snippet).
    Thanks Donuts, that's a great point - I will fix the tracking pixel issue. I am still on the fence about not seeing any but 8 clicks.

For clicks tracking, click through your GC links yourself, allow for CJ reporting delay, and see them happen and be reported in both GC console and CJ. It has been my experience, using GoldenCan, that CJ will tracks clicks correctly everytime. Keep in mind that some merchants within GC are a shared rotation with the GC org itself, so if they're 1-in-4 type merchants within GC, allow for that when doing your counts / tests.

CanadianDave, I am also in the same situation as yours regarding GoldenCan and cj clicks.

Originally Posted by Donuts
    Donuts, would you be kind to advise how do I set up the tracking pixel onto GC code.

Thanks

Donuts, would you be kind to advise how do I set up the tracking pixel onto GC code.
    There can be all kinds of mistakes you might make along the way to accomplishing this, even with my help. I suggest you contact GC or CJ and ask. I believe tracking pixels are usually product / cj link specifc, but that can depend on the merchant. They can also have cj links that allow redirects and your chances of crossing some wires goes way down. If a merchant has a datafeed link setup withi CJ, check it to see if it has an associated tracking pixel because the GC presentation of products is analogous there... usually...

Sorry to not provide a simple answer, but I think there are situations where the answer isn't as plain as rain.

You can also run into complicating issues when using GC when there's more than one CJ merchant's goods coming through - like in a multiple merchant store integration. In this case, for proper imps tracking, you'd want to show a tracking pixel for each. Since the GC display is dynamic, you're going to have a hard time getting it just right in all situations.

Most GC users that I have talked to, usually decide imps tracking has too many complicating issues when multiple merchants are involved and they just ignore the CJ imps tracking altogether - but my sampling of friends is not meant to mean it's the right answer for everybody in every case.

Again, I recommend you check with CJ and/or GC for the correct answer for your specific case.

ABW Ambassador
    A hard lesson re-learned...
    I had to come back to this thread to update any other AM newbies (I realise that after 4 years, I am still in that camp) on what really happened to my sales and stats. (With around 35% more traffic I had no sales last month)

It is embarrassing but hopefully, I can help others by admitting how I failed on some fundamental tenants of AM.

I went back to my sites and methodically clicked every (product specific) link to see that they directed to the proper pages. To my dismay, a fair number (20% I would guess) did not go to the product page! Instead, they went to either a generic store front or a "sorry - there been an error" page. Talk about shoppus-interruptus.

This led me to investigate where my sales were coming from. It turns out that out of around 15 merchants on these sites, only 4 were actually converting. And, you guessed it, these were the links that were not functioning.

I shamefully admit that the main site in question is a hard coded (by hand) site. I know that using a datafeed would help prevent this - but this was my first page that started making money and I just moved on to the next and so on...

So, what did I learn? (In the case of a hard coded site)
    1) Always verify your links - and often - do it now
    2) Know who your strong merchants are and push them up front on your pages
    3) Keep the number of links manageble.
    4) Only place links to quality merchants. (abestweb is a big help here)
    5) There is a subtle difference between a themed site and a niched sites.

Okay, I feel better now. I just have a quick question comment/question.
    Why is it that some merchants abandon some links and replace the exact same product link with new ones in different URL's?
    That is what happened in my case...

I also want to say thanks to ABestWeb and everyone in this forum.
    I had no idea how much I didn't know before I started hanging out here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast