A Little Frustrated
    I have a landscaping website that I have a section for Bonsai trees on. I added several links and a small graphic for one of the bonsai advertisers from CJ. This month according to my stats I've had over 1100 clicks to the bonsai tree catalog site which was over 3% click thru rate. No sales.

This seems very odd to me since really in order for these people to have gotten to this point they have clicked on a specific Bonsai Tree Adwords ad, went to my site to read about Bonsai, clicked the link to get more info on bonsai and absolutely no sales.

Are there any words of wisdom out there? I want to use CJ but it just doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks for any input,
    Pam

Hmmnn?? Batch merchant maybe?
    That seems to be the first question to be asked for similar situations.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Actually, that's a BIG frustration

Check what happens when the visitor clicks thru to the merchant - follow the process all the way thru to the final "Click here to process your credit card" button

See if there's any scrolling liveaid thingys

See how big and how often the toll-free number appears

I had one merchant who, after pressing the final order button, would send an autoresponder saying "there was a problem processing the order, please call this number to complete your transaction"

well, on first bit of research I may have found a problem. I clicked one of the links I have on my site and it took me to the main Bonsai catalog page. The customer would have to go and click other pages to get into the catalog. I guess one other question I have is will my tracking ID follow them through the site or once they leave that first page are they off my ID?

I will continue my fake "purchase" as suggested above to see what happens.

Pam

Pam,

Go through back to the beginning and look at your link as well as relationship (check for keyword link too).

Try to get the links from your site to land on the actual page for the product...not just the catalog in general. If you don't have the product catalog (if they have one) look under "get html / advanced options" do they have a destination page redirection option?

also try using a ?sid="keyword" or something, so that when things get rolling you'll be able to see what it making you money ;-)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to make specific links to specific groups of products to take the customer directly to a page with products.

My only question is this point of keyword tracking. Not sure how to do that with the CJ links so any help with that is appreciated.

Boy, I wish there was some conference calls or something with CJ. I've been an online marketer for some years and this program is not very easy to understand.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    Pam,
    also try using a ?sid="keyword" or something, so that when things get rolling you'll be able to see what it making you money ;-)
    I have also found adding the number 7 to the sid can improve sales conversion rates, if the merchant shows the sid in the URL of the landed page.

Strange as it may seem I got the idea from someone saying using a price ending in 7 such as $97 was better converting.

So you can add an sid like "buy_ficus_bonsai_7" and if appears in the URL it may improve your results. The command phrase also helps.

Haven't gathered data to scientifically prove it works.

ok, so if this is the main affiliate URL (all ID's replaced with XXX) then where do I put this sid= stuff? and where will I be able to see the tracking results?

.***********/click-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX" target="_blank" >Flowering Bonsai Trees

Thanks for the help!
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by pammac
    My only question is this point of keyword tracking. Not sure how to do that with the CJ links so any help with that is appreciated.
    Pam
    If you are referring to running adwords ads you can select all keywords and click on "edit CPCs/URLs".

Then insert the CJ link in the first destination URL box with a generic sid, click the yellow "v" button on the right so the link fills in all the way down.

Next you just type each associated keyword for that link i.e. sid="keyword" all the way down your keyword list. Then if someone goes to the merchant site and buys, the sid field on CJ's commission report will tell you which keyword they came in on. Not neccessarily what they bought.

If the your adwords ad is going to your site and not direct to the merchant you could create landing pages for each keyword so you could track what the customer came in on.

Quote Originally Posted by pammac
    ok, so if this is the main affiliate URL (all ID's replaced with XXX) then where do I put this sid= stuff? and where will I be able to see the tracking results?

.***********/click-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX" target="_blank" >Flowering Bonsai Trees

Thanks for the help!
    Pam
    When you get a link from CJ there is "show advance options" hyperlink in blue.

When you click on it 1 to 3 fields show up depending on the merchant set up.

The first one is SID, if you insert a keyword in the box and click "update HTML" the link will add; ?sid=keyword

at the end.

This is the safest way to ensure you have generated a valid link.

Pam,

I think I know what merchant you're talking about, and if I'm right, they're on ShareASale. You might want to try switching your links to ShareASale to see if you convert better with that network. I know I do.

-M
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to try Shareasale too.

Pam

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread