What Does eBay mean?
    Can someone please explain what this ebay email that i just recieved mean?

"As a courtesy to the Affiliate Community, we wanted to bring a pending change to your attention. The Bid and Buy-It-Now (BIN) event types that are currently reported via the Commission Junction interface are no longer accurate because they reflect the 30 day cookie window which was used in our prior compensation structure. We will continue to report all of your Winning Bid activity via the CJ reporting interface. This change will go into effect on December 1, 2005.

Thank you for your continued support of the eBay Affiliate Program."
    Israeli Guy

F*** knows, i got the same email, probably means they made another f*** up and that on 1st December we will all have credit deducted from our accounts again, must be hard being a multi-million $ company

As I read it, it means that thanks to either Ebay and/or CJ not having a ****ing clue, our revenue share numbers for October and November have been too high.

Expect large reversals, folks.

Goddamn bastards can't do anything right.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

I think what they're *TRYING* to say is that yes, indeed, once again they screwed up and didn't change the cookie from the original 30 days to the new 7 days. So, affiliates are getting - basically - what they DESERVE RIGHT NOW.

But effective December 1, they're gonna stop paying for anything after 7 days.

Of course, this is just bids and BINs. ACRUs will remain the same, until eBay decides it's time to screw all the stupid little affiliates again...

Andy

Oh, and I JUST LOVE IT - THANK YOU EBAY - for sending us this little SHIT MISSILE last thing before a FOUR DAY WEEKEND!

Nice. Very nice.

Andy

ok, so correct me if im wrong but ebay and cj basiclly can do what ever they f***ing want with us affiliates and us affiliates cant do anything like this, like tell them to **** right off and double our cash, i do remember way back before cj did that superb job of updating there super shite tracking software that they or ebay definetly robbed me of cash in that month..wankerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssss!

The way I read it is that CJ/eBay will simply change the way the bids are reported.

The old system reported a bid when it was placed, and we used to be paid for the bid. The new system continued to report that bid, and then sometimes it converted into a Winning Bid® which we were then paid for.

We also were paid for other Winning Bids® which were not placed as a result of a direct click from our sites, but which resulted because of the 7-day cookie.

However, with this change, there will be far less transparency. How many of you have reconciled the old bids with the Winning Bids®, only to find that we weren't being paid for all of them?

That tranparency left eBay with egg on its face, and they redefined their program so that it is now "we'll pay you for the transactions you deserve, unless we aren't capable of figuring out if you truly deserve them". So I guess it's understandable why they want to remove it.

So now, instead of seeing a couple dozen bids for $0 every day, you'll only see the Winning Bids® several days later.

Ralph

That one-paragraph driveby blip from Ebay is simply too nonspecific. Just amongst the few posters in this thread we have multiple interpretations.

Wow, Ralph, I'm impressed! Did you really get all of that out of the eBay message?

You're a much smarter man than I am if you did.

I suppose your version makes sense, which is I guess why I'm questioning it.

Making sense + eBay + CJ = nonsense!

Andy

Well, I guess we'll know which interpretation is correct if we see commissions plummet as of December 1...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread