What do merchants see in the LS interface?
    Just curious - what information can they see about each sale? Referring URLs?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    La Valette,
    Their traditional reports are very similar to the affiliate side reports, especially for transaction reports like the Sales & Activity. In SynergyAnalytics they have access to a number of different graphs and reports. For some transactions, merchants are able to determine referring URLs for specific affiliates. Can you be more specific about what you're looking to find out and maybe I can better answer your questions?

Kelli

Essentially the same question I'm trying to get answered in the CJ forum... if I bid on "cool widgets" in a ppc search engine, would merchants see the full referring URL? If so, then my secret sauce (the keywords "cool widgets") would be given away...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    if I bid on "cool widgets" in a ppc search engine, would merchants see the full referring URL?
    Any merchant with half decent stats software can see in it their log referrer reports anyway, even with the redirect used by LS / CJ / SAS and so forth

Quality software will present all keyword data and tell them the words you bid on too. The new Google Analytics can do it for example.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hey, the same questions with a thread on CJ board, lol

Quote Originally Posted by polarless
    Hey, the same questions with a thread on CJ board, lol
    Well, that's because the answer might be very different for CJ and LS...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just like affiliates, the merchants seek out the top SEO and SEM buying keywords leading to high conversions. The longer your with the merchant, and the broader their affiliate base, the more clickstream data they mine to bring in-house the words most likely to kill off their commission exposure. Only one's immune to this are the BHO's who do no SEO/SEM and bribe the networks for the top keyword triggers. The other affiliate exposed group, where merchant's easily horn in on the top SERP keywords is the totally uncreative coupon crowd.

It sure didn't take a merchant like TigerDirect to HITBOX datamine every producing keyword off my pages when I scared them with a $1140 commission payout month. I was averaging a 1/35 click performance from natural SERP traffic, like some other TD performers, which led them to hijack, with SEO optimized house cookie account pages, the traffic. They even slipped here, and told all, my pages and products were no longer getting that prime keyword traffic. They should know as HITBOX gave them the entire DNA of what was most likely to produced sales right back to the search terms.

The larger the merchant brand the more likely the AM is tasked to compete, with their SEO/SEM data mined stats, with their domain bound affiliates. The networks know this and therefore run SEO/SEM side services without denting their commission rake. Wanna bet they also share this info with their BHO partners. That is one of the conflicts of interest that shows up when a network like Linkshare tries to downplay affiliate/merchant exposure to an App like GoldenCan. (GC scores a negative Network diversion score to their Supers) They do not know how to un-focus the the pre-click targeting of that app to their SEO/SEM team's advantage or their BHO parners. Same applies to their refusal to seriously look at my Safe Haven Sales network model as it exposes to all their merchants real product's conversion ratios, with no possibility to divert or not report sales. A merchant like Dell or Walmart is not interested if commission diversion is eliminated from the network mix.
    Last edited by ecomcity; November 27th, 2005 at 12:39 PM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks. Not sure I understood all that, but I think I get the general idea

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread