Zencart and SAS Datafeeds
    Has anyone succesfully impemented datafeeds into Zencart or any other popular CMS? If so is there and easy way. I have used easypopulate but can't get the images to work show.

Check this out

I was researching the same topic and found this thread.

http and a telephoto
    Reaper is asking as an affiliate using feeds, not a merchant providing feeds. You need to make modifications to the code to make external images from a datafeed show in either Zen Cart or osCommerce, but it is possible to have it work. It requires a new image class or a switch that checks the url to see if it is using local or external images.

No, I don't know how to do it
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

If you know PHP you could use a script that downloads the data feed via FTP and uploads the data to your CMS database. You would have to make some table field name modifications with the conversion from the data feed to the CMS database. I found the thread below that will do the ftp datafeed download and upload to a database.

FTP Datafeed Download and DB Upload

I am thinking you could use a CMS such as Joomla with the Virtue Mart ecommerce module and just use it as a catalog.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    How would you be able to strip out the "add to cart" ..."Buy now" shopping cart functions and replace with "I'm not the real merchant" disclaimer and "click here to buy" from merchant button?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I have used Joomla and Virtue Mart as an actual shopping cart before. I do know that you can use Virtue Mart as just a catalog. I just came across a Joomla SAS extension that will automatically download the datafeeds and put the data into your Joomla database. The website for the extension has slideshow tutorials that shows a "buy now" link rather than a "add to cart" button.

SAS Joomla Extension

We had a thread recently on that extension as well. The question will end up being how Joomla decides to deal with commercial components in the long run (it may already be resolved... haven't looked in a few weeks).
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    We had a thread recently on that extension as well. The question will end up being how Joomla decides to deal with commercial components in the long run (it may already be resolved... haven't looked in a few weeks).
    From what I have read about it, they had to make a statement requesting all extensions be released as GPL. (Deep historical longer story.....) If you check into it further or listen to any of the core devs, that don't have any plans to enforce it. They can't come out and say that because it would make the first statement meaningless. If you look at the extensions directory on joomla.org, more commercial extensions are released there every day. They know those extensions are part of what made Joomla one of the more popular CMS programs out there. I don't see it slowing down any time soon.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread