Everyone Hates The Mall
    A few months back I had the term "everyone hates the mall" in my siggy. I took a little ribbing about that at the time and it made me think. I have to give it up to our friend Leader she made me think about it, With a little thought I have grown to appreciate the mall (almost) but not the same way that you may think.

Last weekend I did something that most here could not do. I took a break from affiliate marketing for a whole weekend. I actually learned more about people by sitting back and watching. None of this was intentional it just kind of happened.

I went down to Atlanta (without my laptop) for the Falcons game but since I was there a day early I decided to take a walk. I went down to Centenial park which was a block away from my hotel.

The park was full of people looking at the Christmas lights. The kids had a glow in their eyes and everyone was happy. I said to myself I need a site for Christmas lights. I am always 24/7 affiliate marketing in mind lol. Then I thought I already have that site. Just shows I needed a break.

As I walked through the park there was guy playing touch football with a bunch of kids. Watching him having fun as if he was a kid again put a smile on my face and made me think I need a site about sports. Then I thought oh wait I have one of them too.

I walked over towards the new Atlanta Aquarium. There was kids outside wishing it was open and thought to myself wow I need a site about fish tanks. Then it dawned on me I have one already.

Then I walked over to the ice skating rink, got myself a hot chocolate and sat there watching kids and adults ice skating and falling on their butt. I must of been there for an hour just watching reactions and it was nice and peaceful. By far the best part of the trip, I didnt realize I needed to stop thinking affiliate marketing for a bit but that didnt happen.

I learned alot by people watching. Just like people do at the mall. I realized I dont have any winter jackets sites, winter hats etc. The list goes on and on.

Just about every kid and parent seemed to have a cell phone. The guy I bought the hot chocolate from was on his as he got my order ready. Made me think I need a cell phone site oh wait I have one of them too.

I still hate the mall but if you need a break you can take one and still learn about affiliate marketing from people watching. Here is the tough part the hotel had free high speed internet in the room and I didnt have my laptop. I had internet withdrawal then I said to myself that this weekend would be a learning experience and made believe I didnt even have a laptop at all. That made it better.

Before the game I had breakfast in the CNN center, I was there way early so I did more people watching. There were lots of fans from both teams and that got me thinking that these fans need things. I wont elaborate because I am making that site as I write this.

With everyone going crazy with their site because this is the busy season, actually they should of been done already. Give yourself a break and go to the mall and watch people hustle and bustle as they do their shopping you may learn a few things. I know just by watching people my pre-sell spin became 100% better. The trip away paid for itself 100 times over. The funny thing is my earning broke records while I was away. So give yourself a break the internet will be here tomorrow
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Land of The NFL Champs!
    Be careful not to register the domain IHateTheMall.Com since it can also read

(This was nearly one of my brainstorm ideas once!)
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Los Angeles
    Beautiful post, nyfalcon, and very inspiring. I'm almost thinking you might just be the Prince of Content.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread