yum, 23" wide screen cinema display = worth it
    I just picked up & installed an apple 23" wide screen display . . . i could just give it a great big hug, it's dreamy!

Anyone doing lots of development or web work -- highly recommended. Side-by-side pages / windows is phenominal!

Lucky you!! That's big! I work on two 17" screens running off the one computer, but would probably give up my two for just one of those... no, wait, I definately would.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Mmm, that's a beautiful monitor. I hope to treat myself to one next Christmas. Enjoy!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Awesome screen! I drooled over one of those years ago. I work on two screens so when I maximize a window it takes up one of the full screens. Have often wondered how that worked on one large screen. Do you have to resize everything yourself?

TY - I have been drooling for years as well, and finally was able to rationalize it.

I used to use a 20.5" sony LCD and a 17" samsung LCD side by side. Now I use the 23" cinema display with the 20.5" sony to the left. The 20.5" runs at 1600x1200 and the 23" cinema runs at 1920x1200, so I don't have to resize anything. It's got a great workflow aesthetic; I think I was just built to need a fair amount of screen real-estate.

The wide format monitors are by far preferable, and once you get used to it, there's no going back. Around spring time I will likely punt off these monitors to one of my developers and pick up a 30" cinema, or sooner if they come down in price. If I'm spending 12-16 hours a day in front of it, it's not really considered a "luxury item", IMO. That and you feel like the mad overlord that controls the internet sitting in front of it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jane
    Awesome screen! I drooled over one of those years ago. I work on two screens so when I maximize a window it takes up one of the full screens. Have often wondered how that worked on one large screen. Do you have to resize everything yourself?

If you want two browser windows open and visible on the one monitor.. do you have to resize them yourself?

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane
    If you want two browser windows open and visible on the one monitor.. do you have to resize them yourself?
    Yes. If someone knows different feel free to let me know

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread